tenderheartusa79

K visas fee is going to be 350$ instead of 131$ !!!!

25 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

The Department of State has published a proposed rule to increase the Machine-Readable Visa (MRV) and Mexican Border Crossing Card (BCC) fees and establish a tiered MRV fee structure with separate fees for the H, L, O, P, Q, R, E, and K visa categories. The proposed new MRV fee for B-1/B-2, F, J, adult BCCs, and all other NIV categories not listed below would increase to $140. The proposed new fee for H, L, O, P, Q and R visas would be $150, K visas $350, and E visas $390. The fee for BCCs for minors would increase from $13 to $14 by virtue of a congressionally mandated surcharge. The Department will receive comments on the proposed fee changes until February 12, 2010, and after considering fully those comments will submit a final rule. Only after that final rule is published will fee changes go into effect.

You can submit your comment to the Department directly in one of the following manners:

- Persons with access to the Internet may view the notice and submit comments by going to the regulations.gov web site at:

http://www.regulations.gov/index.cfm

Mail (paper, disk, or CD-ROM): U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Consular Affairs, Office of the Executive Director, U.S. Department of State, Suite H1001, 2401 E Street NW, Washington, DC 20520. - E-mail: fees@state.gov. You must include the RIN (1400-AC57) in the subject line of your message.

I remember that the Non-immigrant visa was 100 $ before we applied for the visa and it became 131$ since January 1,2008 .

And i remember that the K1 visa '' the finace/e visa '' fee was 179 $ and it became 455 $ since January 1,2008 i guess .

SO i guess if the K visas fee is going to be high like that .i guess that all the other fee is going to be high as well .The AOS fee now is 1010$ so who know how much its going to be ?!! maybe it will be 2000 or 3000 $ !!!

I hoe that i will get the visa and be with my fiancee and get married and file for the AOS before its getting so high !!!!

Mohamed

Nothing's impossible . Nothing's unreachable .When I am weary you make me stronger

This love is beautiful .So unforgettable . I feel no winter cold when we are together .

Will you stand by me ?!!!Hold on and never let me go .

Will you stand by me?!! With you i know i belong . When the story gets told .

When day turns into night .I look into your eyes . I see my future now .All the world and its wonder

This love wont fade away.And through the hardest days . I will never question us .You are the reason my only reason.

I'm blessed to find what i need in a world loosing hope. you are my only believe .

You make things right every time after time.....

Will you stand by me ?!!!

I love you so much and i miss you so much more .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
The Department of State has published a proposed rule to increase the Machine-Readable Visa (MRV) and Mexican Border Crossing Card (BCC) fees and establish a tiered MRV fee structure with separate fees for the H, L, O, P, Q, R, E, and K visa categories. The proposed new MRV fee for B-1/B-2, F, J, adult BCCs, and all other NIV categories not listed below would increase to $140. The proposed new fee for H, L, O, P, Q and R visas would be $150, K visas $350, and E visas $390. The fee for BCCs for minors would increase from $13 to $14 by virtue of a congressionally mandated surcharge. The Department will receive comments on the proposed fee changes until February 12, 2010, and after considering fully those comments will submit a final rule. Only after that final rule is published will fee changes go into effect.

You can submit your comment to the Department directly in one of the following manners:

- Persons with access to the Internet may view the notice and submit comments by going to the regulations.gov web site at:

Mail (paper, disk, or CD-ROM): U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Consular Affairs, Office of the Executive Director, U.S. Department of State, Suite H1001, 2401 E Street NW, Washington, DC 20520. - E-mail: fees@state.gov. You must include the RIN (1400-AC57) in the subject line of your message.

I remember that the Non-immigrant visa was 100 $ before we applied for the visa and it became 131$ since January 1,2008 .

And i remember that the K1 visa '' the finace/e visa '' fee was 179 $ and it became 455 $ since January 1,2008 i guess .

SO i guess if the K visas fee is going to be high like that .i guess that all the other fee is going to be high as well .The AOS fee now is 1010$ so who know how much its going to be ?!! maybe it will be 2000 or 3000 $ !!!

I hoe that i will get the visa and be with my fiancee and get married and file for the AOS before its getting so high !!!!

Mohamed

wow so interesting brother inshallah you will get your visa shortly to be with your fiancee , have a great day brother .

Mounir and Suzie

UFHJ.jpg

pJWdp2.png

Timeline

Mohamed

LOL did not mean to say that .i mean I hope LOOL

Nothing's impossible . Nothing's unreachable .When I am weary you make me stronger

This love is beautiful .So unforgettable . I feel no winter cold when we are together .

Will you stand by me ?!!!Hold on and never let me go .

Will you stand by me?!! With you i know i belong . When the story gets told .

When day turns into night .I look into your eyes . I see my future now .All the world and its wonder

This love wont fade away.And through the hardest days . I will never question us .You are the reason my only reason.

I'm blessed to find what i need in a world loosing hope. you are my only believe .

You make things right every time after time.....

Will you stand by me ?!!!

I love you so much and i miss you so much more .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I read the news on a similar topic on VJ two days ago... That is crazy!! :angry: I truly hope they don't raise the AOS fees either!!

ROC Timeline

8/1/12: ROC window opens
9/4/12: ROC packet sent
9/8/12: ROC packet delivered to VSC
9/12/12: Check cashed
9/14/12: NOA letter received (NOA dated 9/10/12)
9/20/12: Biometrics letter received (Bio appointment 10/15/12)
10/12/12: Early biometrics walk-in

4/27/13: RFE received

6/17/13: RFE response sent

7/1/13: ROC petition approved

7/5/13: GC received in the mail.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
LOL did not mean to say that .i mean I hope LOOL

lol i know you did not mean to say that ,, thanks for posting this information Mohamed brother ,, wish all the best luck to you .

Mounir and Suzie

UFHJ.jpg

pJWdp2.png

My God.. it's a terrible thing to do to families, especially with the economy in the toilet.. :( a great way to start a marriage... in debt..

But if you think about it, if a petitioner can barely afford the application fee and AOS, he or she REALLY needs to take a hard look at if he can afford to petition his foreign bride (or groom) at this time. I say $10K cash in bank is needed on the day the beneficiary touches US soil. Otherwise poverty moves in, and love moves out. Peace and Happy Holidays.

Edited by Hopp

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

But if you think about it, if a petitioner can barely afford the application fee and AOS, he or she REALLY needs to take a hard look at if he can afford to petition his foreign bride (or groom) at this time. I say $10K cash in bank is needed on the day the beneficiary touches US soil. Otherwise poverty moves in, and love moves out. [i] Peace and Happy Holidays[/i].

Merry Christmas!!!

xl91yv7f.png

But if you think about it, if a petitioner can barely afford the application fee and AOS, he or she REALLY needs to take a hard look at if he can afford to petition his foreign bride (or groom) at this time. I say $10K cash in bank is needed on the day the beneficiary touches US soil. Otherwise poverty moves in, and love moves out. Peace and Happy Holidays.

Have to agree. No Money, No honey.

Hopefully USCIS will disallow all co sponsors in the future.

We have enough people on welfare as it is. No need to import more.

Persons with access to the Internet may view the notice and submit comments by going to the regulations.gov web site at:

Where do you get it? :bonk:

That's like USCIS telling you to notify them of a address change if you didn't receive this notice! :bonk:

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Wow it's so nice to hear how financially stable everyone is.. I guess you're right.. I should have checked my bank account balance before I fell in love.. :angry:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
Wow it's so nice to hear how financially stable everyone is.. I guess you're right.. I should have checked my bank account balance before I fell in love.. :angry:

I dont think anyone meant to be an ahole or anything. :blush:

I tend to agree that if you are in severe finacial struggle, you might want to replan your visa journey. Im not saying to give it up or anything but if you cant figure out how you are going to pay for fees and AOS(if needed) then what will happen once your spouse gets here and cant find a job right away, or has to wait for EAD? Thats one more person to take care of in the house and no more income. Especially for people who have children.

I understand and can say all that but I know if I was in that situation I would want to just jump right in. But its wise to plan,plan and then plan again. Especially in these times.

I will gripe if AOS goes up to almost 2700(if it takes the similar 167% increase) because thats pretty excessive but oh well, its all part of it I guess. this is a very expensive process.

I dont mean to sound judgmental or anything so please dont misunderstand. :) I just think that if you are totally broke, you should save and wait until you can afford to pay everything and not struggle once the spouse gets here. Finacial troubles can undermine a "traditional" marriage...how about one with cultural differences, one partner struggling with cultrue shock and homesickness? That sounds like more stress than necessary to me. I wonder what part it does play in the sucess of many marriages here that have a rocky adjustment period..

sorry :ot2:

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
I dont think anyone meant to be an ahole or anything. :blush:

I tend to agree that if you are in severe finacial struggle, you might want to replan your visa journey. Im not saying to give it up or anything but if you cant figure out how you are going to pay for fees and AOS(if needed) then what will happen once your spouse gets here and cant find a job right away, or has to wait for EAD? Thats one more person to take care of in the house and no more income. Especially for people who have children.

I understand and can say all that but I know if I was in that situation I would want to just jump right in. But its wise to plan,plan and then plan again. Especially in these times.

I will gripe if AOS goes up to almost 2700(if it takes the similar 167% increase) because thats pretty excessive but oh well, its all part of it I guess. this is a very expensive process.

I dont mean to sound judgmental or anything so please dont misunderstand. :) I just think that if you are totally broke, you should save and wait until you can afford to pay everything and not struggle once the spouse gets here. Finacial troubles can undermine a "traditional" marriage...how about one with cultural differences, one partner struggling with cultrue shock and homesickness? That sounds like more stress than necessary to me. I wonder what part it does play in the sucess of many marriages here that have a rocky adjustment period..

sorry :ot2:

my situation is such that i make good money when i can work, but my fiance and i have a newborn, so i can't really work until he gets here to help me.. it just seems unfair to me that they're raising the fees for this specific type of visa 167%, but not others, when this visa is meant to reunite families.. :(

Timeline

Just always expect (and prepare for) the worst. Expect to pay money to USCIS hand over fist for the next 4 to 5 years (which is a given). Expect the immigrant to be unemployed or underemployed for a very long time.

And (if you can), delay the visa journey until you're financially stable. It sucks to be apart, but trust me, it sucks even more to be together and always have money worries.

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
my situation is such that i make good money when i can work, but my fiance and i have a newborn, so i can't really work until he gets here to help me.. it just seems unfair to me that they're raising the fees for this specific type of visa 167%, but not others, when this visa is meant to reunite families.. :(

I see that raising only k's seems unfair... look for an across the board raise after this Im guessing.

whew, Im so glad mine just started school and we dont have to worry about daycare anymore($$).

I do know from experience that its rough, to say the least; to have a baby and work full time on one income.

Good Luck on a speedy reunion!

Just always expect (and prepare for) the worst. Expect to pay money to USCIS hand over fist for the next 4 to 5 years (which is a given). Expect the immigrant to be unemployed or underemployed for a very long time.

And (if you can), delay the visa journey until you're financially stable. It sucks to be apart, but trust me, it sucks even more to be together and always have money worries.

well said

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.