only4mikki

After searching all night I found an old arrest record

24 posts in this topic

where did it ask you if you had ever been arrested? I do not recall this being asked of me the USC

cr1 does not answer, cause the I130 does not ask. it is a question on the k1 and k3 forms!!

oh there you go --- I did not know that. Thanks brother john

learned all that here at VJ :star:

are you calling me a noob???????????? :angry:

no, JUST A SLOW LEARNER :devil:

You need to tell her about it, they will possibly ask her if she knows about it at the interview!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

The only thing you need to worry about is if you had 3 or more CONVICTIONS for crimes related to a controlled substance or alcohol not arising from a single act.

I do not think you need to worry about this.

2009 - Meet First Time in San Jose, CR

10/24 - 10/26/2009 - Another trip to spend time together

10/30 - 11/1/2009 - More time and met daughter and had a lovely time. Happy Halloween!

11/14 - 11/16/2009 - Officially engaged - This is the real deal!

12/19 - 12/27/2009 - Spent Christmas in Costa Rica.

01/15 - 01/27/2010 - Vacation in Guanacaste

02/18 - 02/23/2010 - Back to Rio Frio for Mandy's B-day

03/05 - 03/08/2010 - Surprise Weekend Visit to Rio Frio

K 1 - Timeline:

Immigration Started

11/17/2009 - Send I-129F to Vermont Service Center

11/24/2009 - NOA1 physically received in Houston, TX

12/18/2009 - 12/28/09 - Fourth Visit to Costa Rica....stay in Rio Frio, CR.....Merry Christmas!!!!

3/3/2010 - Received NOA2 via email from USCIS!

3/16/2010 - Received Packet 3.

3/23/2010 - Finished Paperwork and received interview date

4/7/2010 - Interview in San Jose, CR

4/15/2010 - Travel together to Houston, TX

collageo.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hi..I am a total NOOB but a good reader. I just read that Part C in the I-129F and it doesn't say anywhere about being "arrested"...only speaks about being "convicted or court martialed" in court of law or military court for things like: homicide, domestic violence, rape, sexual assault, child abuse, etc. Doesn't mention anything about being arrested or convicted for drugs.

~Johnny~

I still don't understand how and where the CO would have got record of you having been arrested if you didn't state you were somewhere on the forms.

I did a K3 and don't remember where I had to answer a question about being arrested.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
Hi..I am a total NOOB but a good reader. I just read that Part C in the I-129F and it doesn't say anywhere about being "arrested"...only speaks about being "convicted or court martialed" in court of law or military court for things like: homicide, domestic violence, rape, sexual assault, child abuse, etc. Doesn't mention anything about being arrested or convicted for drugs.

You are mostly correct except it does say that you must mention if you have been convicted 3 or more times for alcohol or controlled-substance related offenses. Like you said though, it doesn't say anything about arrests.

K1: 01/15/2009 (mailed I-129F) - 06/23/2009 (visa received)

AOS: 08/08/2009 (mailed I-485, I-765, & I-131) - 10/29/2009 (received GC)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
Did you ever state on any immigration form you hadn't been arrested?

I stated I never been arrested, because I forgot all about this, when I searched and searched, I found this arrest record from 11 years ago, I completely forgot about this, I thought it was a ticket, I thought it was removed after 3 years...stupid me...

So I wrote the statement as such...

I do not think it is an issue. I had a marajuana arrest 30 years ago and put it down. It was never brought up. They are concerned with domestic violence and violent felonies. I would not worry about it.

This topic shows the fiancee was asked to produce the USC's arrest record: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...=232890&hl=

Naturalization

3/23/14 - N400 package sent to Phoenix

3/27/14 - N400 package delivered

4/3/14 - NOA1 receipt date

4/4/14 - check cashed

04/29/14 - biometrics date

07/01/14 - interview date

xx/xx/xx - Oath Ceremony

This topic shows the fiancee was asked to produce the USC's arrest record: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...=232890&hl=

Why on earth would they do that?

For a single marijuana arrest 11 years ago?

I have never been arrested for any domestic violence.

Filed: Other Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I think that topic was started by the same person as this post.... it sounds like he found out he was arrested and made copies of that knowledge available to the CO...... when maybe it wasn't necessary to mention the arrest and the CO is now wondering what is this all about...I ...guess.... :huh:

~Johnny~

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.