Guest Abdeladim+Shannen

what can your congresnam do?

9 posts in this topic

Guest Abdeladim+Shannen

is it true that your congressman in usa have the final say so? just curious they are doing my case real quick its seem i have and spoke to Wasnigton DC say yes just curious and does any know where its say so give me link! IF THEY COMPLETE THE CASES AND APPROVED IT DO WE HAVE TO GO BACK TO A NEW INTERVIEW OR JUST PICK UP PASSPORT

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
is it true that your congressman in usa have the final say so? just curious they are doing my case real quick its seem i have and spoke to Wasnigton DC say yes just curious and does any know where its say so give me link! IF THEY COMPLETE THE CASES AND APPROVED IT DO WE HAVE TO GO BACK TO A NEW INTERVIEW OR JUST PICK UP PASSPORT

Congressman can't do anything besides help you inquire on your case via some other methods they have access too. The congressman does not make any decision when it comes to your case. USCIS, NVC, and Consulate are the ones that make the decision. The congressman can only help you interface with them via their means.

Married my love: 06/10/2009

I-130 Sent to CSC: 06/22/2009

I-130 NOA 1: 06/29/2009

I-130 NOA 2: 12/9/2009

I-130 NOA 2 Hardcopy Recieved: 12/15/2009

I-129F Sent to CSC: 07/07/2009

I-129F NOA1: 07/08/2009

I-129F NOA2: 12/9/2009

I-129F NOA2 Hardcopy Recieved: 12/15/2009

NVC Recieved I-130: 12/15/2009

NVC Recieved I-129F : 12/15/2009

Case #'s Assigned: 12/15/2009

NVC Sent I-129F Petiton to Embassy: 12/16/2009

DS-3032 E-Mail and Hardcopy Sent: 12/19/2009

I-864 AOS Fee Bill Generated: 12/21/2009

I-864 AOS Fee Bill Paid: 12/21/2009

K3: Interview Date Re-assigned to March 11, 2010.

Interview Result: Approved for Visa!

Visa Recieved via Courier: March 17, 2010

I-751 ROC

I-751 Sent: 04/14/2012

I-751 NOA: 04/16/2012

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Individual Congressmen do not have the final say in these matters. Congress makes the laws, DHS follows them. If something goes wrong with the case, Congressmen can help facilitate a correction.

There is usually no second interview. Sometimes you have to submit new police certificates/medical exams along with your passport.

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

I first contacted a senator friend thats close to my family, then he suggested that I contact a congressman because they have more power to find out more information. Then the congressman had me contact his assistant (lol) who is supposedly working on it now trying to find out more information for me. My fiance had his interview last week Monday on the 7th, and I contacted her on the 9th, and she's still trying to get informations. Seems to me taking a bit long... but hey.. what else can you do right? Nothing. I hope you get some news soon.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
I first contacted a senator friend thats close to my family, then he suggested that I contact a congressman because they have more power to find out more information. Then the congressman had me contact his assistant (lol) who is supposedly working on it now trying to find out more information for me. My fiance had his interview last week Monday on the 7th, and I contacted her on the 9th, and she's still trying to get informations. Seems to me taking a bit long... but hey.. what else can you do right? Nothing. I hope you get some news soon.

Have you been trying to e-mail and call the consulate too? I wouldn't just rely on them!

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

Have you been trying to e-mail and call the consulate too? I wouldn't just rely on them!

I have called the consulate and emailing them. Literally daily up until this past monday. I read on another website that it can 'delay' the AP process when emailing and ontacting the consulate. Cant imagine why... but yes I have, and always get the same response that we are in "AP". Still havent heard back from my congressman, she says shes still working on it.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Yeah, you definitely don't want to write/call the consulate directly every day because they do "slow down" sometimes if pestered. I used to call the DOS line several times a week and email the consulate every 4-6 weeks, until I got a congressional/senate liaison involved then I adjusted my times to complement their monthly inquiries.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

I gave up emailing the embassy- I figure that they are busy enough with all of their cases and if we are all calling or writing each day that it takes away from getting other business done!

As far as the DOS- I wish they had some more info on their computer screen to tell us a little more info than the standard reply "still in AP". Can't they see where it is at or what is holding it up? Calling them has become frustrating too because I get the same answer. So far, I have only called 2-3 times in the 8 months we have been in AP.

From what I hear, a congress-person cannot do a whole lot. They definately cannot speed up the process. Not sure if they can get a "whereabouts" answer for anyone. I am interested to hear stories of people who have contacted someone in Congress.

Happy weekend!

Baj

ah. the longing....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.