MN&UK

Hmm: Site seeks vet to sue against IMBRA

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

This site says it is looking for a vet to sue against IMBRA. They state they ill pay for attorney fees. I guess the folks behind this solicitation think vets will hae more credibility and sympathy. I am sure it is the marriage brokers behind the scenes writing the check. I thought it as an interesting thing to share.

Here is the site: http://veteransabroad.blogspot.com/2006/06...-to-launch.html.

Here is the post:

Sunday, June 04, 2006

Needed: Single Veteran to Launch Lawsuit

I will blog about twice per week. What we really need now is an American veteran who is single and uses dating websites and is ready to launch a lawsuit (we will find the powerful lawyers to help you free of charge).

He will preferably live in California or elsewhere in the 9th Circuit.

The email to write to is Veteran@Veteransabroad.com.

March 9 - filed I-129F to Nebraska

March 15 - NOA#1

June 1 - transferred to CSC

July 11 - IMBRA RFE back with CSC

August 3 - NOA#2

August 6 - touched

Unbelievable.

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

Timeline
Unbelievable.

The lawsuits are probably going to fly I guess. Even though I am a veteran, I am certainly not interested in pursuing the lawsuit against IMBRA, but if they want to pick my attorney's fees for the immigration process in general, I would love to be the beneficiary of their philanthropy. If it was against USCIS, I would seriously consider. ;)

Edited by MN&UK

March 15 - NOA#1

August 3 - NOA#2

August 6 - touched

I'm still trying to figure out WHO this guy intends to try to sue? From one of his blogs:

The mission of this blog is to gather a group of veterans that I can email for concerted action on certain politicians running up to the November 2006 elections...as well as to find potential veteran plaintiffs who can launch a class action lawsuit in a state like California where things like "background check laws" are consistently struck down.

Both Democrat and Republican politicians voted for IMBRA so the simple formula is to convince military and veteran voters to cull all incumbents from office who don't loudly speak out against the law they voted for.

?????

Jen

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

11-5-06 Married

Great, don't you just love activists. I work to live, not the reverse....

Fine with me, as long as the suits fly after we are all approved. Yet another delay would cause anarchy!!!

Edited by William33

Timeline
I'm still trying to figure out WHO this guy intends to try to sue? From one of his blogs:

The mission of this blog is to gather a group of veterans that I can email for concerted action on certain politicians running up to the November 2006 elections...as well as to find potential veteran plaintiffs who can launch a class action lawsuit in a state like California where things like "background check laws" are consistently struck down.

Both Democrat and Republican politicians voted for IMBRA so the simple formula is to convince military and veteran voters to cull all incumbents from office who don't loudly speak out against the law they voted for.

?????

Jen

I know...he sounds a little nutty. The state of California has nothing to do with IMBRA?? Must be something missing. Looks like he wants supporters of IMBRA voted out of office. That could get interesting. He would have to have very deep pockets. Looks like there are a lot of factions out there that are not big fans of IMBRA, or at least the effects of the implementation of the law.

Just interesting to watch if nothing else.

Edited by MN&UK

March 15 - NOA#1

August 3 - NOA#2

August 6 - touched

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Saw the heading and wondered why on earth they would want a Vet as opposed to a Doctor or Dentist.

At least the post clarified things!

Still do not understand what having served in the armed forces has to do with anything.

Would the Scouts do?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Saw the heading and wondered why on earth they would want a Vet as opposed to a Doctor or Dentist.

Still do not understand what having served in the armed forces has to do with anything.

Would the Scouts do?

He mentions it in the blog.... vets have fought for this country and 'this country' is going to deny them an opportunity for love.... to tug on the emotional heartstrings, I suppose.

Edited by JenT

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

11-5-06 Married

?????

Jen

I know...he sounds a little nutty. The state of California has nothing to do with IMBRA?? Must be something missing. Looks like he wants supporters of IMBRA voted out of office. That could get interesting. He would have to have very deep pockets. Looks like there are a lot of factions out there that are not big fans of IMBRA, or at least the effects of the implementation of the law.

Just interesting to watch if nothing else.

I believe they would prefer California because the 9th Circuit Court in S.F. has a long history of upholding individual privacy rights. With a Veteran they could show a long history of veterans meeting and marrying foreigners. They will contend that sending your criminal background, all addresses since age 18 and past marriage and divorce history to foreigners you have never met and might not ever have any contact with whatsoever to be a violation of your privacy. I tend to agree. Just some dating website owners trying to protect their business and livelyhood I imagine.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

DEAN AND SHERYL

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Would the Scouts do?

He mentions it in the blog.... vets have fought for this country and 'this country' is going to deny them an opportunity for love.... to tug on the emotional heartstrings, I suppose.

A Vet, in English English, is somebody I take the Dog to when she is feeling poorly.

One of those terms that can cause some amusing confusion.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

It will be interesting when someone is denied a visa because they met through an international marriage broker who isn't following the rules and they want to go to court over it. Maybe the IMBs will get sued. Maybe this law can be struck down by a judge? The pursuit for happiness is getting harder with all the crazy laws that get passed.

Timeline

Let's talk about national security for a moment. Let's send relatively unknown foreigners all kinds of personal information regarding us, American citizens. Can you say, ID theft waiting to happen? If I were a terrorist I would pose as a come hither single lass, so I can find an easy target, wait till he travels overseas to fulfill the met in person requirement, bop him on the head and take his identity and his life.

I think having a criminal record actually makes you less of a risk in some sense. At least with a little dirt under your nails, you can smell a rat. I am not abetting domestic violence, the seeming aim of the law, so don't even go there.

Of course I am not a terrorist, :innocent: but I feel like a card carrying Taliban who has been through a few barbaric cavity searches.

Shucks, I am crabby...time to retire for the night.

March 15 - NOA#1

August 3 - NOA#2

August 6 - touched

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.