babyruthie

do you think k1 fiancee visa will be approve?

44 posts in this topic

Sounds like Seattle2Cebu

He got robbed by gunpoint last week in a taxi, returning home from playing poker

He posts on another forum I read sometimes.

He is a strange one for sure...........

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There may be extra scrutiny based on the age gap depending on the embassy and the beneficiary's culture. What is her citizenship?

The Embassy will also be interested in the timeline of their relationship. A 48 year old guy having sex with a 16 or 17 year old minor usually raises a few questions--as well as eyebrows.

OMG! I'm also worried for my cousin. I hope the embassy will approve her Visa...

Depending on the consulate, I'd say good luck with that. Even if it were a routinely 'easy' consulate (London), that huge of an age gap is going to be scrutinized big time.

So it will be so hard for my cousin...thank you for your reply

It will take a couple more months to get the NOA2. The age situation would arise at her interview. He'd better be right there for it. Otherwise, it will smell strongly like she's just interested in immigration, with marriage being the best way to get to the US.

Yes thank you! We really pray that her papers will be approve when she gets 18. even if it will take a couple of months as long as she will be with her husband to be...i hope she will not be asks too much by consul....

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
hi!

I just want to ask this question not for me but for my cousin. Her fiance send their papers to VSC last October 2009. And they are just waiting for the NOA2. Does anyone knows here that my cousin's paper will be approve soon eventhough she's still 17? but she will be turning 18 next year...any advice??

thank you...

At the time the petition is FILED...last October...BOTH parties MUST be legally able to marry in the jurisdiction where they intend to marry. In MOST places that means she would need to be age 18 or have her parents permission. The petition filing would need to include any documentation (such as parental permission) in order to be approved. They may send an RFE requesting proff they are BOTH legally able to marry.

They WILL NOT approve a petition on the assumption that "she will be old enough by then..." You MUST be able to marry when the petition is filed.

If it is rejected, they lose their $455 and can start over when she is 18

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline
hi!

I just want to ask this question not for me but for my cousin. Her fiance send their papers to VSC last October 2009. And they are just waiting for the NOA2. Does anyone knows here that my cousin's paper will be approve soon eventhough she's still 17? but she will be turning 18 next year...any advice??

thank you...

At the time the petition is FILED...last October...BOTH parties MUST be legally able to marry in the jurisdiction where they intend to marry. In MOST places that means she would need to be age 18 or have her parents permission. The petition filing would need to include any documentation (such as parental permission) in order to be approved. They may send an RFE requesting proff they are BOTH legally able to marry.

They WILL NOT approve a petition on the assumption that "she will be old enough by then..." You MUST be able to marry when the petition is filed.

Gary And Alla

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
There may be extra scrutiny based on the age gap depending on the embassy and the beneficiary's culture. What is her citizenship?

Filipino....and her fiance is from Louisiana!

Louisiana: If either party to the marriage is between the ages of 16 and 18, the presence and signatures of both parents are required. If a parent has legal custody in a divorce, a certified copy of the judgment must be presented. If either party is under the age of 16, a court order is required in order to obtain a license.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filipino....and her fiance is from Louisiana!

Ah... I'd have guessed Arkansas. Close.

hi!

thank you...

Doesn't Filipino law require parental approval at that age?

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Marriage applicants who are age 18 to 21 must have parental consent in writing, those age 21 to 25 must have written parental advice (a written indication that the parents are aware of the couple's intent to marry). The revised Family Code of the Philippines, which took effect on August 4, 1988, prohibits marriage for individuals below the age of 18.

http://travel.state.gov/law/citizenship/citizenship_757.html

Maybe they could get married in Lebanon...

Lebanon:

In Lebanon, the age of capacity is 18 years for men and 17 for women. With guardian permission, the ages are 17 for males and 9 for women. For Shi'a, with judicial permission, 15 for males, and 9 for females. For Druze, with judicial permission, 16 for males and 15 for females.

Timeline

Marriage applicants who are age 18 to 21 must have parental consent in writing, those age 21 to 25 must have written parental advice (a written indication that the parents are aware of the couple's intent to marry). The revised Family Code of the Philippines, which took effect on August 4, 1988, prohibits marriage for individuals below the age of 18.

http://travel.state.gov/law/citizenship/citizenship_757.html

Phillipine law would not be at issue for the petition. The law of the jurisdiction where they intend to marry would be the one of importance. Given the LA law posted by Baron555, this means that WITH THE PETITION they must have included a statement of where they intend to get married, the applicable law and the parental consents required. It is no different than if either poarty had been previously married, they have to attach a divorce certificate. It is the responsibility of the parties to PROVE they are leglly able to marry at the time the petition filing.

I had heard somewhere that Phillipines requires persons under certain age to get a visa, though she may be at that age by then. Again, it is the responsibility of the petitioner to make sure ALL applicable laws are satisfied and DOCUMENTED to have been complied with.

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.