NatPatBen

AOS Filers: December 2009

787 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey guys,

Haven't posted in this thread yet, but I'm a December filer. Since me and my wife are together for this filing (unlike K-1), I haven't cared much about checking for touches everyday and being insane about it, but so far our progress has been (dates in sig):

Submit I-485 and I-765, NOA1

Biometrics appointment letter, and appointment

RFE for medical (and some supporting tax forms I forgot), got new medical and sent back in

Just today, case transferred to CSC. Hopefully no interview for us!

Good luck to everyone!

I see your notice of receipt of RFE reply date is January 6. Was that when you received the hard copy or an email/text?

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline

Another RFE question. How long did it take you guys to receive your RFE's? The USCIS website says that they mailed the notice January 08. That was a week ago, and I still haven't received anything.....

event.png

Hi, Cereza. Were you successful in getting Dr Arnold to fill out the form?

It's only been a few days, and I'm in NY. So it's going to take a while for a letter to go from NY to Texas. I'm thinking I'll hear something next week. I'll keep you posted.

K-1

12/23/08-Mailed I-129F (VT)

12/27/08-Package arrived (VT)

12/29/08-NOA1! Yay

07/07/09-NOA2 after 6.5 months!

07/11/09-Received hardcopy of NOA2

07/14/09-Received by NVC & got case#

07/16/09-NVC sent case to SDO

07/20/09-Case arrived as SDO

08/13/09-My honey got his packet!!!

10/05/09-Appointment-Approved but on AP :(

10/20/09-Out of AP!!!

10/24/09-Hello USA

11/21/09-Wedding

AOS

12/08/09-Mailed packet

12/10/09-Delivered

12/14/09-Check cashed

12/14/09-NOA1

12/31/09-RFE

01/13/10-Biometrics

02/04/10-Case Transferred to CSC

02/09/10-EAD approved

02/13/10-EAD received

03/05/10-I485 Approved!

event.png

Timeline
Another RFE question. How long did it take you guys to receive your RFE's? The USCIS website says that they mailed the notice January 08. That was a week ago, and I still haven't received anything.....

Ours took over a week, but that was likely because of Christmas & New Year's.

November 19, 2007 - Met

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I don't see any "TOUCHES" on my USCIS portfolio at all. The last update was on 12/28/2009. Just wondering

whether I would still get e-mail alerts if there were new updates on my case?

thCat_Dancing.gif

12.15.2009 - Mailed out AOS

12.29.2009 - NOAs Received-hard copies

01.02.2010 - Biometrics appt. r'cved for Jan.19,2010

01.15.2010 - Walk in Biometrics - DONE

02.03.2010 - Case Transfered to CSC

02.16.2010 - I-765 approved. card production ordered

02.24.2010 - Employment Authorization Card arrived today!

03.05.2010 - I-485 APPROVED, "Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident"

03.11.2010 - "Welcome to the US of A" letter arrived

03.12.2010 - PR Card arrived

Dec. 5, 2011 (Monday) - Is the date when I can apply for Removal of Conditions

I don't see any "TOUCHES" on my USCIS portfolio at all. The last update was on 12/28/2009. Just wondering

whether I would still get e-mail alerts if there were new updates on my case?

We actually got our biometrics notice, and and RFE all while our status never changed. When I called to inquire, I was told that its up to the officer working on the case as to if he or she updates. They are not oblilgated to do so. Ridiculous! Why bother having a system that allows people to check for themselves that saves them phone calls if they aren't obligated to update it.

Wisconsin Hunter & A Canadian Beaver

event.png

Timeline
We actually got our biometrics notice, and and RFE all while our status never changed. When I called to inquire, I was told that its up to the officer working on the case as to if he or she updates. They are not oblilgated to do so. Ridiculous! Why bother having a system that allows people to check for themselves that saves them phone calls if they aren't obligated to update it.

My K-1 still says "received and pending." :rolleyes:

Also-spoke too soon. My husband just called to tell me that he received the RFE. Seeing as how he doesn't really understand English that well, I'll have to wait until I get home to know exactly what it says.

event.png

Yeah, my case status hasn't changed either.

But we did get something in the mail today (dated Jan 11, 2010)....

AN RFE!!! #######!

The "good" news is that it says that our medical was completed more than a year ago. It wasn't. I called the misinformation line to confirm what I thought I should do - which was to send in all that we had (copy of DS-3025, I-693) and a letter stating that the medical was indeed completed in time, see dates for visa medical and vaccine transcription in attached documents.

Anyway, I'm annoyed. :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting:

K-1:

January 28, 2009: NOA1

June 4, 2009: Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 11, 2009: Wedding

AOS:

December 23, 2009: NOA1!

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

March 27, 2010: Green Card recieved

ROC:

March 1, 2012: Mailed ROC package

March 7, 2012: Tracking says "notice left"...after a phone call to post office.

More detailed time line in profile.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

OH. I guess I'm not immune from RFEs just yet. Would be nice to know in advance tho, but my USCIS portfolio

isn't regularly updated! What's the point having it. :angry:

thCat_Dancing.gif

12.15.2009 - Mailed out AOS

12.29.2009 - NOAs Received-hard copies

01.02.2010 - Biometrics appt. r'cved for Jan.19,2010

01.15.2010 - Walk in Biometrics - DONE

02.03.2010 - Case Transfered to CSC

02.16.2010 - I-765 approved. card production ordered

02.24.2010 - Employment Authorization Card arrived today!

03.05.2010 - I-485 APPROVED, "Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident"

03.11.2010 - "Welcome to the US of A" letter arrived

03.12.2010 - PR Card arrived

Dec. 5, 2011 (Monday) - Is the date when I can apply for Removal of Conditions

Timeline

Well, we got the RFE. It's for section 1, 2, 5. It seems to be only about the vaccination record. The weird thing was that it was three pages long. Did you guys who already had an RFE get three pages as well? They all basically say the same thing-all talking about the medical.

It's for the I-864, but also says that the I-765 (if submitted) will be processed within 90 days upon receiving the returned RFE.

Wasn't sure if you guys had the same thing. I knew it was coming, but I'm still annoyed. Oh well.

event.png

Timeline
Well, we got the RFE. It's for section 1, 2, 5. It seems to be only about the vaccination record. The weird thing was that it was three pages long. Did you guys who already had an RFE get three pages as well? They all basically say the same thing-all talking about the medical.

It's for the I-864, but also says that the I-765 (if submitted) will be processed within 90 days upon receiving the returned RFE.

Wasn't sure if you guys had the same thing. I knew it was coming, but I'm still annoyed. Oh well.

Your RFE for the vaccination record sections referenced the I-864??? :blink: That seems really strange. (unless that was a typo & you meant I-485)

My RFE was 1 page. It only mentioned the I-485.

November 19, 2007 - Met

Timeline
Your RFE for the vaccination record sections referenced the I-864??? :blink: That seems really strange. (unless that was a typo & you meant I-485)

My RFE was 1 page. It only mentioned the I-485.

Ah! Long day, sorry. Yes, it was for the I-485. But they all talk about the I-693.

event.png

Timeline

To be more specific-Page one says the I-693 was incomplete. Part 2, Section 5 on either Page 3 or Page 4 is blank or missing. I failed to submit proper documenatation of immunization for the form I-485 applicant. It goes on to say that I must complete a I-693 with a civil surgeon and that a properly completed vacintion record includes Part I, Part 2, Item 5, and Part 5, Civil Surgeon's signature.

Page 2 says that I-693 is incomplete. Page 1, part 1 is blank or missing or not signed and that I need to complete form I-693.

Page 3 says that the form I-693 is incomplete. Part 5 on the last page is blank, missing, or not signed. The vaccination record must be completed by a civil surgeon.

It seems kind of redundant....

event.png

Timeline

Our RFE said to have the entire medical done & have the CS complete the I-693. Perhaps that's why it was only one page. Yours was more detailed (and correct) than ours, since it knew you only had to have 3 sections filled out.

November 19, 2007 - Met

Timeline

Attaya I got the same exact RFE...three pages...one page for each section they wanted completed. I can't wait until I see that our case has been transferred...hopefully we will all get that update soon.

0insijou.png

According to God's favor...Happily married on 09~09~09

See "Our Story" for K-1 timeline

~AOS Timeline~

Nov 28, 2009 ~~ Mailed off Packet

Dec 01, 2009 ~~ Delivered to Chicago Lockbox and signed for by "L. Box"

Dec 07, 2009 ~~ Check Cashed!

Dec 12, 2009 ~~ All 3 NOA1s received in the mail (dated 12/7/09)

Dec 17, 2009 ~~ InfoPass appointment (Emergency AP granted)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ Biometric Letter arrived (dated 12/15/09)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ RFE for I-693 (dated 12/22/09)

Jan 11, 2010 ~~ Completed Biometrics

Jan 14, 2010 ~~ Sent I-693 in sealed envelope via US Priority Mail

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Jan 20, 2010 ~~ USCIS acknowledged receipt of RFE on I-485 only

Jan 22, 2010 ~~ I-131 AP and I-765 EAD approved (email notice on 1/25/10)

Jan 28, 2010 ~~ USCIS email that I-485 was transferred to CSC on 1/26/10

Jan 30, 2010 ~~ Received EAD and AP via US Postal Service

Feb 01, 2010 ~~ Received notification of case transfer via USPS

May 07, 2010 ~~ Email notification that card production ordered for 1-485

Jun 01, 2010 ~~ Greencard finally arrives w/approval date 2/23/10 (Huh??)

Done until November 25, 2011!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.