14 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Ok...I will try to be as brief as possible! First hello to everyone....my peeps! I haven't been on in a while-sorry :unsure:

anyway just got the dreaded RFE...they are asking for specific info:

IRS transcripts(I sent internet #######)

Bank info-from the beginning of the relationship til now(I didn't send enough-I sent just 2 statements :wacko: )

joint ownership of assests(other than a rental agreement-we don't have much)

so...If I send...

letter from landlord stating that my hubby has lived here since 2006(when he came over on k-1)

official IRS tax transcripts from past 2 years

bank statements from 2007 til present

will that be enough?

I have 30 days to send back-any info would be much appreciated! :star:

Ni neart go cur le cheile

"Togetherness is Strength"

Bank info-from the beginning of the relationship til now(I didn't send enough-I sent just 2 statements :wacko: )

What do you mean I sent just 2 statements? do you mean the two most recent statements since you filed or a statement since you got married and the latest statement?

N-400 Naturalization Timeline

06/28/11 .. Mailed N-400 package via Priority mail with delivery confirmation

06/30/11 .. Package Delivered to Dallas Lockbox

07/06/11 .. Received e-mail notification of application acceptance

07/06/11 .. Check cashed

07/08/11 .. Received NOA letter

07/29/11 .. Received text/e-mail for biometrics notice

08/03/11 .. Received Biometrics letter - scheduled for 8/24/11

08/04/11 .. Walk-in finger prints done.

08/08/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Placed in line for interview scheduling

09/12/11 .. Received Yellow letter dated 9/7/11

09/13/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Interview scheduled

09/16/11 .. Received interview letter

10/19/11 .. Interview - PASSED

10/20/11 .. Received text/email: Oath scheduled

10/22/11 .. Received OATH letter

11/09/11 .. Oath ceremony

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Do you have a car(s) titled in both names? That's some joint ownership.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Timeline

we don't have much in both names except for a joint bank account & a loan...we are both unemployed at the moment so we don't even have health ins...I am waiting for a letter from my previous employer(insurance co) stating that my hubby was on my ins for 2 yrs prior to me being laid off.

so basically I have the tax returns, bank statements & a letter from my landlord...I sent travel itinerary & pics but obviously that wasn't enough.

I think the tax transcripts from the IRS as well as w-2's will help...I also printed bank statements from 2007-til now..instead of what I first sent which was only 2 statements(idiot that I am)

Colleen

we don't have much in both names except for a joint bank account & a loan...we are both unemployed at the moment so we don't even have health ins...I am waiting for a letter from my previous employer(insurance co) stating that my hubby was on my ins for 2 yrs prior to me being laid off.

so basically I have the tax returns, bank statements & a letter from my landlord...I sent travel itinerary & pics but obviously that wasn't enough.

I think the tax transcripts from the IRS as well as w-2's will help...I also printed bank statements from 2007-til now..instead of what I first sent which was only 2 statements(idiot that I am)

Colleen

OK, then do as they request and send them the tax returns, and the important part of bank statements is to show that you have joint bank accounts dating back to when you got married.

Also, the loan will be helpful so make sure you send a copy of that as well. It looks like you are on the right track

07/06/11 .. Check cashed

Timeline

Colleen

OK, then do as they request and send them the tax returns, and the important part of bank statements is to show that you have joint bank accounts dating back to when you got married.

Also, the loan will be helpful so make sure you send a copy of that as well. It looks like you are on the right track

I think the problem was I sent like 2 statements and I sent recent ones like an idiot :wacko: I now have statements dating from the time we were married til now...those along with the w-2's and IRS transcripts should be enough..they were pretty clear about what they wanted so I am giving them exactly what they are asking for...I guess I was a little dumb when I sent in the original paperwork :blink:

Edited by irishgirl73

Colleen

I think the problem was I sent like 2 statements and I sent recent ones like an idiot :wacko: I now have statements dating from the time we were married til now...those along with the w-2's and IRS transcripts should be enough..they were pretty clear about what they wanted so I am giving them exactly what they are asking for...I guess I was a little dumb when I sent in the original paperwork :blink:

We are only human... it happens... I've heard of a person who didn't know about the 2-year conditional and they found out after their GC expired that they need to file. So I don't think you are in such a terrible position.

Good luck!

07/06/11 .. Check cashed

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Agreed. An RFE is something you can get through easily enough. At least you didn't forget to file in the first place. Here are some ideas that may help you:

Ask your landlords for letters on letterhead

give copies of your old medical cards

write a letter explaining that you do not currently have health coverage and if you are on medicade send in copies of that. You should apply for medicade if you are out of a job anyway in case you get hurt and need medical attention.

I had my bank also write me a letter on bank letterhead that said when we opened the account and that it is still current and in both our names. This way you also have a letter from them as well as statements.

Have your negihbors do an affidavit or two for you and put their address on it so they can see that the people who live next to you know you live together.

These are some of the things we did. Don't worry you will get through it *hugs*

Edited by Rings

TIME LINE 2007

01/12/07-I Fly to Australia

01/25/07-We Got Married!

07/15/07-Point of Entry (K3 Visa)

K3 Time Line for the I-130, I-129F, EAD and AOS

usaCa.gifanimated-hearts.gifaustralC_1xa.gif

Lifting Conditions Timeline

11/06/09- Mailed Petition Via USPS Certified Mail

11/09/09- Your item was delivered at 11:08 AM on November 9, 2009 in LAGUNA NIGUEL, CA 92677.

11/12/09- Check Cashed

11/12/09- Return Receipt Arrives in Mail

11/13/09- Touched

11/16/09- NOA Received

11/27/09- Received Appointment Letter

12/18/09- Biometrics

12/21/09- Touched

01/08/10- Card Production Ordered (E-Mail)

01/09/10- Touched

01/14/10- Greencard Received

Timeline

my landlord already sent the letter...just states that Gavin moved in 2006 & she didn't add him to the lease b/c it would have increased the rent! I think the IRS transcripts alomg with all our bank statements will be enough...we have been together forever! if they want more we will give it to them...I think...I KNOW I didn't send enough the first time-I am confident I am sending what they want!

thanks guys :thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Here are some more things that you can send.

1. Ask your bank to write you a account status letter, they usually mail you in 7 - 10 days, but if you agree to pick it up from a branch it's done in about 3 business days. This letter shows when you opened your account and what is the status.

2. If you guys own a vehicle then you could send the insurance information about the vehicles also the titles if you both have your names on it.

3. What about health insurance, life insurance and beneficiaries information.

any or all of this should work just fine.

good luck.

rahul

Timeline
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Naturalization N400...

01/16/2015 --- Package Sent

02/18/2015 --- Fingerprints done

=====================================================

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Ok...I will try to be as brief as possible! First hello to everyone....my peeps! I haven't been on in a while-sorry :unsure:

anyway just got the dreaded RFE...they are asking for specific info:

IRS transcripts(I sent internet #######)

joint ownership of assests(other than a rental agreement-we don't have much)

so...If I send...

letter from landlord stating that my hubby has lived here since 2006(when he came over on k-1)

official IRS tax transcripts from past 2 years

bank statements from 2007 til present

will that be enough?

I have 30 days to send back-any info would be much appreciated! :star:

I suggest sending exactly what they requested AND more - if you can. The best proof as people have stated is proof that you have your finances together, insurance, anything else that shows you are a couple. Do you have car insurance together. If so, can you send that proof?

11/2004 - Met in Brazil

09/2006 - Apply for K1

03/2007 - K1 approved

04/2007 - Apply for AOS & EAD

07/2007 - EAD approved

01/2008 - Conditional Residency approved

11/2009 - Apply to remove conditions

02/2010 - Permanent Residency approved

11/2010 - Apply for Citizenship

03/2011 - Citizenship approved

07/2011 - Moved back to Brazil

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.