Batta

Advise is needed

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Greetings,

Can you guys advise me on what to do in this matter..

I have posted here about the issue I had with Montreal transferring the case to them. I have not heard anything from them in the past 2 weeks.

We contacted Amman (original consulate choice of interview) and asked if we can do the interview at their location.

Amman responded and told us to fill the request form of transfer given to us.

I asked Amman if they agree as he is a Canadian citizen to do his interview there, they did not answer this question.

I am worried not that if I do transfer the case, what is the likelihood they tell us at interview to go back to Canada?

Do I have to inform Montreal to cancel my request of transfer but then.. they had not responded to us after providing the evidence they asked for his current status.

Let me know your thoughts, as we are so confused at this point.

Thanks

Batta

" She's my kind of rain"

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

if the transfer consulate accepts the interview, they will perform the interview and not tell you to go to yet another consulate

YMMV

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

:thumbs:

if the transfer consulate accepts the interview, they will perform the interview and not tell you to go to yet another consulate

Waiting.....Waiting....waiting....waiting....and more waiting..........

Timeline

Thanks for response.

I am still not clear, should I send to Montreal asking them to cancel my request to them to transfer file from Baghdad?

I just don't want two consulate take action same time..

Plus Montreal as busy as they are.. have not responded at all..

" She's my kind of rain"

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I bet the consulates are confused too!

If I have read your posts correctly, originally NVC sent his file to the wrong consulate, in Baghdad? Things changed, he moved back to Canada and you informed the Montreal consulate that you wanted him to interview in Montreal.

- On November 16th (last Monday) you emailed Montreal asking them for confirmation that the file could be moved there.

- November 20th (two days ago) you posted this, stating that DOS confirmed there is a note on the file that a request is pending in Montreal:

This morning I called again to DOS and all they could say there is a note that file is pending Montreal request.

On Wed we called the 900 asking for information and they were not able to give anything.

It is been two weeks and nothing yet from them.

Now, 2 days later, you have reconsidered and want him to interview in Amman?

Batta, you are playing with fire. It is hard enough to get a file moved from one consulate to another - changing your mind every few weeks is going to confuse the matter even further. I hope that does not sound harsh, I truly do not mean it to - i'm just saying that you may end up waiting an awfully long time for him to interview if you keep mucking them around.

The likelyhood, in my opinion, of them interviewing your Husband in Amman and sending him packing to Canada for another interview - zero.

Edited by trailmix

Timeline
I bet the consulates are confused too!

If I have read your posts correctly, originally NVC sent his file to the wrong consulate, in Baghdad? Things changed, he moved back to Canada and you informed the Montreal consulate that you wanted him to interview in Montreal.

- On November 16th (last Monday) you emailed Montreal asking them for confirmation that the file could be moved there.

- November 20th (two days ago) you posted this, stating that DOS confirmed there is a note on the file that a request is pending in Montreal:

This morning I called again to DOS and all they could say there is a note that file is pending Montreal request.

On Wed we called the 900 asking for information and they were not able to give anything.

It is been two weeks and nothing yet from them.

Now, 2 days later, you have reconsidered and want him to interview in Amman?

Batta, you are playing with fire. It is hard enough to get a file moved from one consulate to another - changing your mind every few weeks is going to confuse the matter even further. I hope that does not sound harsh, I truly do not mean it to - i'm just saying that you may end up waiting an awfully long time for him to interview if you keep mucking them around.

The likelyhood, in my opinion, of them interviewing your Husband in Amman and sending him packing to Canada for another interview - zero.

DOS only said that Baghdad put a note indicating that waiting on Montreal. They did not confirm that case is approved for the Move.

I am calling DOS on Monday to check first before any action. If nothing is changed, I will send email to Both Baghdad and Montreal.

Thanks for your response.

" She's my kind of rain"

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I do understand your frustration and wanting to go with the consulate that will give you the best and quickest service.

Please note that I don't think you are 'wrong' for wanting to change consulates nor do I think that they shouldn't accomodate you. I only wanted to point out that this is Government and it is U.S. Immigration and while we would all like them to work to our timeline - they work to theirs.

Good luck with the transfer :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.