jsnearline

Married Filipinos who send money to family back in Philippines

128 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

You can stay away from my Filipino for sure!

Maybe the lesson you needed to learn is to pay better attention to the person you want to play house with.

Your problem with her was that she didn't keep her word to you (which was to stop sending so much back home and support your through Med School). That has less to do with her being Filipino and more to do with other issues of her character.

You're partially correct. The agreement was not to pay for my med school, I have student loans that cover school expenses 100%. The agreement was that she pays for basic stuff like food. Instead, she would send our money for food to the Ph. But now I have a meal plan through school, so I no longer have to worry about that.

To be fair, she was working and sending the money she earned over there. And she was sending it well before she met you.

You bash Filipinos in one breath, yet the image of your ex fiancee - a hardworking career minded responsible woman who sends an exceptionally large amt of money home - do not jive with one another. I understand that marriage is 50/50 and while you going to med school was a choice you both made wrt to household finances, it's really unfortunate that you're just genuinely pissed off that she didn't support YOU.

Well naturally I was angry she decided to send our money for food to the Ph. I need to eat. That was the only thing she was obligated to do-buy groceries. Our house is/was paid off so we don't have a mortgage. The remaining bills that we had were utilities, which I paid out of savings....until they were drained. I was genuinely pissed, for sure!

Filed: Country:
Timeline
You're partially correct. The agreement was not to pay for my med school, I have student loans that cover school expenses 100%. The agreement was that she pays for basic stuff like food. Instead, she would send our money for food to the Ph. But now I have a meal plan through school, so I no longer have to worry about that.

I didn't mean [or say] pay for your Med school, but covering you basic cost of living is supporting you through Med School.

Anyway, don't stay away from someone in the future just because of where their family comes from. For every Filipina who sends every available dollar home there are 100 who understand how to set reasonable limits.

I didn't mean [or say] pay for your Med school, but covering you basic cost of living is supporting you through Med School.

Anyway, don't stay away from someone in the future just because of where their family comes from. For every Filipina who sends every available dollar home there are 100 who understand how to set reasonable limits.

Agreed. My ex has some character issues.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

By generalizations, do you mean bigotry?

that is included in generalizations, yes.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks for your input but I am completely comfortable breaking up. I am not interested in trying to change her or her habits. She enjoys sending money to her family so who am I try and change that?

honest, after reading this, i dont think you or she was ready to get married. just my opinion, this is prolly for the best, plus you will be a doctor and very busy for the next few years. not a good time for marriage.

I-129F Sent : 2010-07-17

I-129F NOA1 : 2010-07-23

Touch: 2010-08-02

Touch: 2010-10-03

NOA2: 2010-01-10

Interview: 2011-02-08 - Approved

Visa Printed: 2011-02-10

Sent to 2Go: 2011-02-14 (scheduled for noon delivery as per consulate)

Pckup @ 2Go: 2011-02-15 (Will hold at routing Hub for same day pick up)

POE (LAX): 2011-02-16

I told my wife's family that if they want money they can get a job. Both of them are college educated, just very lazy.

This country needs to get out of the mentality that

1.) All Kanos are rich

2.) It's the person with the most money's job to pay for everything

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.