8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

My step-son should get his K-2 at the end of November this year, and be here in US by early December. He will be 21 in October of 2010, and I am concerned of him getting his Green card before this date, as he will become the age of an adult. Is there any way to expedite the process or to let immigration know of the urgency of this matter? Can a letter be written to USCIS and/or a description be posted on the parcel (AOS Documents) expressing the importance of him being processed in a quicker manner? Thanks anyone for your advice.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

the magic terms -

POTENTIAL AGE OUT.

Please EXPEDITE

Whilst yer waiting , go to office supply store, have rubber stamp made with the above phrase, use courier 20 point type, buy red ink pad, stamp each page on AOS documents on top and bottom with this stamp, also the OUTSIDE of the envelope that you use for mailing, and use the phrase in the cover letter that yer prepping (both on subject line and in a sentence in a paragraph in the body of the letter ).

No, I'm not kidding.

When USCIS sees this, they will actually expedite the case.

There is discrepancy on the 21st birthday - 9FAM says 'before 21st birthday on AOS submittal date'

and USCIS has internal policy of 'green card issuance date before 21st birthday '

So - it's the 'standard' AOS package for a K-2, you can prep it all now, suggest you be prepared to SEND IT OUT the day after he lands in USA.

GOOD LUCK !!

ps - hit up Randy W over at http://www.chinafamilyvisa.com - he had an age out issue (and didn't make the time gap - he was TheOne that actually discovered the discrepancy ).

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My K-2 daughter arrived in the U.S. on Sept. 5/05. I had her AOS package completely ready to mail before she even arrived and mailed it on Sept. 7/05.

She was approved 5 1/2 months later.

Your step-son should be alright being as there will be almost 10 months after his arrival before he turns 21.

Good luck.

"THE SHORT STORY"

KURT & RAYMA (K-1 Visa)

Oct. 9/03... I-129F sent to NSC

June 10/04... K-1 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

July 31/04... Entered U.S.

Aug. 28/04... WEDDING DAY!!!!

Aug. 30/04... I-485, I-765 & I-131 sent to Seattle

Dec. 10/04... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport stamped)

Sept. 9/06... I-751 sent to NSC

May 15/07... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Sept. 13/07... N-400 sent to NSC

Aug. 21/08... Interview - PASSED!!!!

Sept. 2/08... Oath Ceremony

Sept. 5/08... Sent in Voter Registration Card

Sept. 9/08... SSA office to change status to "U.S. citizen"

Oct. 8/08... Applied in person for U.S. Passport

Oct. 22/08... U.S. Passport received

DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!!

KAELY (K-2 Visa)

Apr. 6/05... DS-230, Part I faxed to Vancouver Consulate

May 26/05... K-2 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

Sept. 5/05... Entered U.S.

Sept. 7/05... I-485 & I-131 sent to CLB

Feb. 22/06... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport NOT stamped)

Dec. 4/07... I-751 sent to NSC

May 23/08... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Mar. 22/11.... N-400 sent to AZ

June 27/11..... Interview - PASSED!!!

July 12/11..... Oath Ceremony

We're NOT lawyers.... just your average folks who had to find their own way!!!!! Anything we post here is simply our own opinions/suggestions/experiences and should not be taken as LAW!!!!

Timeline
My K-2 daughter arrived in the U.S. on Sept. 5/05. I had her AOS package completely ready to mail before she even arrived and mailed it on Sept. 7/05.

Your step-son should be alright being as there will be almost 10 months after his arrival before he turns 21.

Good luck.

Thank you so much! I believe you're right and I will heed your advice, the time frame should be fairly safe, but I will get the AOS started very quicky. Thanks again!

Good luck.

Thank you so much! I will do this. Mark

Timeline
the magic terms -

POTENTIAL AGE OUT.

Please EXPEDITE

Whilst yer waiting , go to office supply store, have rubber stamp made with the above phrase, use courier 20 point type, buy red ink pad, stamp each page on AOS documents on top and bottom with this stamp, also the OUTSIDE of the envelope that you use for mailing, and use the phrase in the cover letter that yer prepping (both on subject line and in a sentence in a paragraph in the body of the letter ).

No, I'm not kidding.

When USCIS sees this, they will actually expedite the case.

There is discrepancy on the 21st birthday - 9FAM says 'before 21st birthday on AOS submittal date'

and USCIS has internal policy of 'green card issuance date before 21st birthday '

So - it's the 'standard' AOS package for a K-2, you can prep it all now, suggest you be prepared to SEND IT OUT the day after he lands in USA.

GOOD LUCK !!

ps - hit up Randy W over at http://www.chinafamilyvisa.com - he had an age out issue (and didn't make the time gap - he was TheOne that actually discovered the discrepancy ).

Thank you so much for this valuable info...I will take your advice and get this process started very soon. Thanks again! Sincerely, Mark

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Good Luck to ya, Mark.. Let us know how it goes?

Warmest Regards...

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
My step-son should get his K-2 at the end of November this year, and be here in US by early December. He will be 21 in October of 2010, and I am concerned of him getting his Green card before this date, as he will become the age of an adult. Is there any way to expedite the process or to let immigration know of the urgency of this matter? Can a letter be written to USCIS and/or a description be posted on the parcel (AOS Documents) expressing the importance of him being processed in a quicker manner? Thanks anyone for your advice.

If it is filed before his 21st birthday, you are OK. Yes, "Potential Age Out" is good to put on the envelope and cover letter

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.