Krikit

The Vent - Part Trois

3,930 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I never thought that something as simple as: going home for Christmas - could be such an issue but this year it is.

My husband and I agreed on going up on December 23rd and returning on the 27th.

Then yesterday he said: "Well we have to come back on the 26th because my family christmas party is on the 27th"

Okay so can we leave to go up perhaps on the 22nd then? I mean going up for Christmas eve and Christmas day just seems so 'eat and run' to me.

No, apparently his boss asked that no one take that time off, because he's given everyone the week after off and if he takes that time off he will have to work the next week in the office alone. This coming from a guy who never uses his full four weeks of vacation in his year. Never. He probably has about 3 weeks left.

And yes I have tried to tell him that he can just stay here but he insists on spending it together, and to be honest I believe he only wants to spend it together because he said: "Do you know how bad that will look to my family if we don't?"

Ugh. Otherwise he'd be fine with going home alone for Christmas, but I have a feeling his family will have choice words about it. Just like they had choice words about me going to Canada alone in August.

And then I am told I am hurting his family because he's spent two Christmas holidays in Canada now.

Really? Should we talk about which family is hurting? The one that lives 30 minutes away or the one that lives 11 hours away???

Vent over.

:) Ahh I feel a little better already.

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
(((((((((((((((((((((((((((darkchilde794))))))))))))))))))))))))))) - I am so with you on this right to all the same symptoms - but at least I don't have to travel for an interview. I truly am sorry that you aren't feeling great right now and hope you beat this beast quickly, at least enough so you up for the ride on Thursday and can enjoy the good news when your visa is approved.

Thanks Kathryn! *huggles back!* I really hope Ill be better. So far, Ive drank enough OJ for the year and have lived on decaf green tea and lots and lots of water. And yes, Nyquil has become my friend! Hope you feel better soon as well!

Finally married... and still married... ;)

Green card received: March 18, 2011

Removal of Conditions:

GC Expiration: March 11, 2012

Documents sent: December 13, 2011

NOA-1 received: December 15, 2011

Check cashed: Red said yes when asked

Biometrics: January 25, 2012

Letter approving 10-year GC: September 7, 2012

Production of 10-year GC: September 15, 2012

Timeline
I never thought that something as simple as: going home for Christmas - could be such an issue but this year it is.

Then yesterday he said: "Well we have to come back on the 26th because my family christmas party is on the 27th"

Okay so can we leave to go up perhaps on the 22nd then? I mean going up for Christmas eve and Christmas day just seems so 'eat and run' to me.

No, apparently his boss asked that no one take that time off, because he's given everyone the week after off and if he takes that time off he will have to work the next week in the office alone. This coming from a guy who never uses his full four weeks of vacation in his year. Never. He probably has about 3 weeks left.

And yes I have tried to tell him that he can just stay here but he insists on spending it together, and to be honest I believe he only wants to spend it together because he said: "Do you know how bad that will look to my family if we don't?"

Ugh. Otherwise he'd be fine with going home alone for Christmas, but I have a feeling his family will have choice words about it. Just like they had choice words about me going to Canada alone in August.

And then I am told I am hurting his family because he's spent two Christmas holidays in Canada now.

Really? Should we talk about which family is hurting? The one that lives 30 minutes away or the one that lives 11 hours away???

Vent over.

Oh jeez, I hate family drama over the holidays. It seems to be inevitable sometimes. Hey, I'm going home the 23 to the 27 too, maybe I'll see you on the highway :lol: We're leaving 23 on the evening, so gonna stay overnight somewhere in Syracuse then continue the ride 24th morning.

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Timeline

Vent over.

Oh jeez, I hate family drama over the holidays. It seems to be inevitable sometimes. Hey, I'm going home the 23 to the 27 too, maybe I'll see you on the highway :lol: We're leaving 23 on the evening, so gonna stay overnight somewhere in Syracuse then continue the ride 24th morning.

Yea I talked to my mom. She isn't happy but we came to an agreement sort of.

We will stick to the new plan of going up on the 23rd and leaving on the 27th - BUT leaving my son up there for a week with her and going back up the next weekend to pick him up. She'll meet us in Rochester the next Saturday and we'll pick Ethan up.

I have to work on the 29, 30 and 31. The previous week is a holiday for me... and the next week is a holiday for my husband so making plans is challenging.

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

grr, I got a not so pleasant letter from a creditor today .. I had no freaking idea we owed that much.. :o

it is for a stupid car we should have just junked and I told my hubby that we should but his dad said he wanted the car but then his dad never re-registered the car once it ran out and then it got towed etc... We kept trying to get his dad to take care of it but he kept stonewalling us and saying it wasn't a big deal etc... grrrrr

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

this was from awhile ago. after all the medical bills and stuff we kind of put this on the back burner but we were intending to pay it off within the next few months so that we could move to a better place without that on our credit.. but I seriously thought it was only half of what it actaully is :wacko:

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline
my vent is that I am still fighting this cold and nothing seems to work. I have been trying to sleep in one hour allotments over the last two nights - that's as about as much as I can get before I wake up struggling to breathe. It's now moving into my chest and my throat is still all raw and sore. Mouth breathing also hurts :( . I really, really, really HATE colds (and thanks Trailmix for your kind wishes - they are appreciated!). Yes, I have a sinus headache with it as well - grr.

Sounds like mine only mine has now turned to Bronchitis (well by now I mean last week) so I'm on antibiotics for it. Taking this new cough med for phlem and congestion too which seems to help a bit, but I wish I was over this. I need to get better to pack and stuff! I was sleeping in 2 hour increments as well and its soooo draining. I hope you feel better soon.

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Timeline

Thanks. Sorry you're sick as well Danu - and glad that you're feeling better. Another two days if I don't start getting some signs of improvement I'll be seeing the doctor too. I'm worried about it turning into bronchitis as well. I did find a combination of meds today that seems to be helping a little bit so we will see how that goes. Good luck to you.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline
I agree with Rob for the simple fact that 20 years ago, Deadpool, I'd side with you. But so much of what we do now is with technology that it's impossible to have a computer in front of you and not read the news online or do what I do during the day.

There are some days where I'm just too busy to be online. But as an employee who performs well, comes in early, stays late, and never takes a break or lunch, they don't seem to have a problem with any of us at work doing it.

Well, okay... I can see your point. However, reading the news online is a little different from posting on a message board or playing Flash games or talking on an instant messenger.

The reason I see a difference is because reading the news is a passive endeavor. At one time I'm sure it was common to bring a book or newspaper to the office with you. You can put a book or newspaper down at any time and it doesn't require much interaction.

Posting on a message board, playing Flash games or sending IMs all require a lot more attention and interaction. You reply to someone on a board or through an IM. That requires thought in order to act and react. Flash games obviously require even more attention.

Honestly, I don't really care what someone else does at work (unless I was paying them or somehow relied on them). My point is that I feel using work time for recreational activities poses a potential -- and very unnecessary -- risk toward the employee when he could simply wait until later.

Timeline
Thanks. Sorry you're sick as well Danu - and glad that you're feeling better. Another two days if I don't start getting some signs of improvement I'll be seeing the doctor too. I'm worried about it turning into bronchitis as well. I did find a combination of meds today that seems to be helping a little bit so we will see how that goes. Good luck to you.

Yeah definately go if you're still not able to get rest. I hate the friend who gave me this :(

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Timeline

Ok what. Can we back this up like 12 hours?

Who got arrested, what?! Kittyfang huh? I was just reading the old vent thread before I noticed there was a new vent thread :P

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

a new vent thread to go with the off topic thread, it's a menagerie of trois! :devil:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

a new vent thread to go with the off topic thread, it's a menagerie of trois! :devil:

sex and timbits...all that makes up sweet Charles lol...

...you are so George Kastanza lol....

N-400 Citizenship

06/27/2014 Mailed N-400 Packet

07/02/2014 Tracking Confirmation Packet Rec'd @ USCIS

Can we talk about how irritated I am that my back has flared up AGAIN! With all the move etc...this summer, it was flared for 4 months...I finally catch a break after surgery...well this week, i'm back to my cane and not being able to walk! The pain is so tremendous that it literally cuts my breathe....I could pass out from the pain...even on pain meds...I can't even lift my leg off the floor!

This blows :(

But the gossip is taking my mind off things.... lol

N-400 Citizenship

06/27/2014 Mailed N-400 Packet

07/02/2014 Tracking Confirmation Packet Rec'd @ USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.