Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 3)

6,588 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
OCTOBER 27TH........... :yes::yes:

Just got an e-mail response asking if an interview date has been set.

And last week they told me early November. :wacko:

Hopefully I can use my miles to go down as I am already leaving on the 10th of November for 12 days.

:dance:

that's great!!! :yes: the friday before mine....hhhmmm i wonder how you got a interview before me... :unsure:

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
To My Chicago family.....and whoever might be in town.....

The Link Up is set for Oct 14. We're meeting at Clark & Addison. Probably getting some dinner and then hitting the Wild Hare. Mindy & Roy.....you gotta come. :yes: Anna....please, you're my girl. And Jax....I don't know you too well but maybe you can get down there and we all could finally meet. :yes::yes::yes:

Any one every hear from Rita and Tashi. And what about you Rhonda....Chicago isnt too far of a ride. Is it????

Hi Jill,

Yea I'll be there but not sure about the Wild Hare. You know how I party and the Wild Hare is not up to my par... :lol: But I'll see..... :whistle:

Sorry Ladies I won't be able to make it that night. October 14 is my High School reunion night. Have a drink for me and have fun. :thumbs:

:)

Hopefully I can use my miles to go down as I am already leaving on the 10th of November for 12 days.

Wonderful! Congrats! and all the best!!! :thumbs::dance:

The drinking thing for my hubby hmmm. I know him darn well and I would say he only drinks up to 6 bears a week. This won't be an issue when he gets here because he drinks after work and I only have wine in the house. I don't drink at all anymore.

Great question??!!!

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I am just amused reading today's posts...do you all live with me????? Okay...I am sooo happy that everyone else is having or had the same issues. You put it in words better than I could explain. Duane asks me to do EVERYTHING without trying first. I had to kinda have a fit the other day and tell him to just PLEAZZZZZ try to take the initiative and do it without asking first...just try!!! Sometimes I have the patience for it but days when I am exhausted, it just makes me tired and irritable!! I know that I need to have more patience and I am working on it........

Also......about the cooking thing...Duane used to cook a lot too and now it is rare.....!! He is a great cook...he made some red pea chicken soup with ####### soup from JA...it was yummy!!!

Thanks all.....the advice is real helpful.

CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE: www.embassyart.homestead.com

SEE K-1 TIME LINE IN MY PROFILE

.....INTERVIEW JULY 10, 2006-APPROVED

07/19/06-Duane flew home to the USA-FINALLY!!!!!!!

08/17/06-DUANE AND KIM GOT MARRIED

PART 2 BEGINS

09/20/06- EAD/AOS Mailed to Chicago Today..........Here we go again!!!

10/13/06- Biometric appointment-San Francisco

12/07/06- AOS Interview-San Francisco

CAUGHT IN FBI NAME CHECK DELAY

04/23/07-Received AOS Approval E-Mail

04/25/07-Received CARD Production E-mail

WAITING FOR GREEN CARD TO ARRIVE.......

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Well they sent Dwains dad home last night and I don't understand why they did because he wasn't doing any better. We think they sent him home to die. This morning my hubbys dad did pass away. :crying:(F)

I would like to go to the funeral but Dwain says save money. His mom would like me to come. I can only get 3 days off. I wonder if I should go or just send them the money for the plane ticket and take care of arrangments for his mom.

One (L)

Jax

PS Dwain cook thats funny :lol: He can cook Mac and Cheese and Tuna fish hehe :whistle: He wont be able to cook any JA meals when he gets here either he dont know how to do cooking like that! Musician I swear.

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Howdy Folks :luv:

Just wanted to check in and let you all know I am alive. Andre still is too but we have had a couple close calls :whistle::lol:

Things are going ok...in the last month or two we have moved and I started school and got a different job. We just got internet back at the house after almost a month and a half without...trust me I hate the library now. Andre is still loving his job and they are loving him. Today is actually the 1 year anniversary of his arrival to the states. We went out to celebrate. I can hardly believe a year has passed...crazy :huh: This was probably the hardest year of my life honestly but I am so glad we are still going strong (L)

Good to see all the newbies around and great to see all the "old" faces. Glad to hear everyone is surviving.

I know its late and all but Julie...wow what an absolutely wonderful baby boy :wub: If we can all only be so lucky.

Congrats to everyone elses great news...there is so much I am not even going to try :wacko:

May God continue to bless all of us in this great family :yes:

Much Love,

Jamie (L)

Jax~ So sorry for the loss. What a hard time for you and your husband and his family. Stay strong (F)

Timeline

Jamie...so great to hear from you and know that you and and Andre are doing well. 1 year fron his arrival is a milestone and I can only imagine how your first year has been. We are just into 2 months and I am sure the road ahead is going to be full of surprises!!!!

Jax-So sorry to hear about your hubbies loss. I think I would ask Dwain what he wants you to do and follow your intuition. If it sounds like he would really like you to be there for support...then I say go....If he sounds like the money would help to make the funeral costs easier on his Mom and family then I say send the $$$$. Go with your instincts and follow your gut!!! I will keep you and Dwain in my thoughts......

Darlene-Congrats on the interview date :dance: It seems like you application just flew through the system......I feel like I waited FOREVER so I am happy to see that they are moving faster these days!!

Duane went out tonight to a Karaoke club. A guy he met DJ's at the club and he wanted to go check it out......I did not feel the vibe so I am sitting up like a little worried Mommy waiting for my hubbyvto get home safe.....

Good night all!!!

PS. I think I am starting to get the Jill (dncr) bug...my posts have been novels lately.......what is wrong with me???...I will never get a heart at this rate.... (L):(

CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE: www.embassyart.homestead.com

SEE K-1 TIME LINE IN MY PROFILE

.....INTERVIEW JULY 10, 2006-APPROVED

07/19/06-Duane flew home to the USA-FINALLY!!!!!!!

08/17/06-DUANE AND KIM GOT MARRIED

PART 2 BEGINS

09/20/06- EAD/AOS Mailed to Chicago Today..........Here we go again!!!

10/13/06- Biometric appointment-San Francisco

12/07/06- AOS Interview-San Francisco

CAUGHT IN FBI NAME CHECK DELAY

04/23/07-Received AOS Approval E-Mail

04/25/07-Received CARD Production E-mail

WAITING FOR GREEN CARD TO ARRIVE.......

Another issue we're starting to have is the company he's starting to keep (or has made friends with) from work. They are black american, mostly single guys (or cheat on their gfriends) and do NOT taking working seriously!!! They are feeding Craig's head with ALLLLL sorts of #######, like....you can just go out and buy a car, you don't NEED a license !!! That's only 1 of the things he's shared, I can ONLY imagine what else they've said to him.

I had a similar problem with the guys that Tony used to work with. Out of 5 guys Tony was the ONLY one who actually HAD his license!! :o They had him drive the work truck everyday because he was the only legal one. And two of the guys in particular that he hung out with sometimes were just bad news. They were always smoking, drinking, smoking weed, not showing up for work, picking fights with the supervisor, etc... One of the guys did get pulled over (on his own time) eventually and went to jail for no license and warrants out for his arrest (unpaid child support :wacko: ) so at least that showed him that you can't just do what you want and never get caught. But I had a REALLY hard time trying not to tell him he wasn't "allowed" to hang out with these guys. I brought it up once or twice and he accused me of "mothering" him so I learned to pick my battles. Luckily he works somewhere else now so doens't see too much of them now.

Have a Happy Thursday and remember...Greys Anatomy starts the new season TONIGHT!!!! That is one of my shows!!!!!

That is one of my favorites too! :yes: I'm recording it on my DVR since I'm always at work at night :(

Can you imagine if you were suddenly "dropped" into the middle of Jamaica and had to learn to "fend for yourself?"

I couldn't do it. NO WAY! :no: The worst would be leaving everyone you know. And no hot water, no indoor toilets, no A/C, no screens on the windows, no washing machine or dryer, oh my gosh, I could go on and on :D In the apartment that Tony was living in when I met him, he had to share a bathroom with the tenant next door :o At least they had an indoor toilet, but imagine having to share your bathroom with a total stranger :wacko: I give all our guys HUGE credit for sticking it out here. It can not be easy.

Edited by rhondapayter

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

ROFL, the showing him how to close the ziplock bag! :lol::lol::lol: Oh my, omigosh. This is what I was trying to say several months back when I was talking bout showing my husband EVERY LITTLE THING.

I guess I'm lucky in that aspect because Tony doesn't like having to ask me to show him everything. He likes to figure stuff out on his own. Back when he first got here, he asked me if I had any vacuum bags for the vacuum. I'm like huh? How do you know it needs a new bag? He said it was full so he was changing the bag :blink: I'm like, how do you know how to do that? He's like, it's not that hard! :lol: He's never operated a vacuum cleaner in his life until he came here!!!

CONGRATS :dance::thumbs:

Well they sent Dwains dad home last night and I don't understand why they did because he wasn't doing any better. We think they sent him home to die. This morning my hubbys dad did pass away. :crying:(F)

So sorry to hear the bad news :( That must be really hard for him and his mom.

Just wanted to check in and let you all know I am alive. Andre still is too but we have had a couple close calls :whistle::lol:

Jamie, it's so good to hear from you :yes::dance::luv: Please dont' be such a stranger. How's school going? Where are you working now? We've missed you on here.

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Filed: Timeline

I would like to go to the funeral but Dwain says save money. His mom would like me to come. I can only get 3 days off. I wonder if I should go or just send them the money for the plane ticket and take care of arrangments for his mom.

One (L)

Jax

Jax my condolences go out to you and your family. As far as going to the funeral; if you can go; go. Your presence will mean a lot to your husband and his family; even if he doesn't see it now. The money always seems to come from somewhere. The emotional, physical and moral support will be more valuable at this time; both for you, Dwain and his family.

Things are going ok...in the last month or two we have moved and I started school and got a different job. We just got internet back at the house after almost a month and a half without...trust me I hate the library now. Andre is still loving his job and they are loving him. Today is actually the 1 year anniversary of his arrival to the states. We went out to celebrate. I can hardly believe a year has passed...crazy :huh: This was probably the hardest year of my life honestly but I am so glad we are still going strong (L)

Good to see all the newbies around and great to see all the "old" faces. Glad to hear everyone is surviving.

I know its late and all but Julie...wow what an absolutely wonderful baby boy :wub: If we can all only be so lucky.

Congrats to everyone elses great news...there is so much I am not even going to try :wacko:

May God continue to bless all of us in this great family :yes:

Much Love,

Jamie (L)

Jax~ So sorry for the loss. What a hard time for you and your husband and his family. Stay strong (F)

Jamie-good to hear from you! What are your plans for your first wedding anniversary?

Edited by Jamaica to CT

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

that's great!!! :yes: the friday before mine....hhhmmm i wonder how you got a interview before me... :unsure:

I am so sorry. I know you have been waiting a long time. :(

Bert doesn't know yet and will be very surprised. And they finally told him he will be going home next week. :D There will be some rumblings tomorrow as he does not want me to spend the money to go to the interview seeing I will be going down on the 10th of November anyway but I really want to be there. I have to check with Delta to see if I can use my miles and if that works out then I will only have to pay for a hotel in Kingston. :whistle:

He is not planning on coming to the states until the middle of January so he can spend time with his family before leaving. It works our fine with me so I can get ready for him and get the paperwork prepared. He has a job starting the end of February (thank goodness for friends owning a business) so he can do so temp jobs to have his own money. :thumbs:

Everything is going to happen so fast when he gets here so we can apply for the EAD/AP/AOS so there hopefully there will not be or a very short lapse in the work permit.

My stomach is doing flips right now. Happy, anxious but not looking forward to the disagreements tomorrow about going to the interview. :o

Happy Friday everyone.

I am enjoying reading about the trials and tribulations of when one gets here and adjusts to a new culture. I can relate already as we have so many discussions regarding the way things are done here.

WE ARE DONE!!!

Jax -- I am so absolutely sorry for your loss. (F) I agree with everyone else -- if Dwain wants you there you should go....you will be able to find the money somewhere....

Looked in the 3rd pot - sweet mother of Moses! What the h??? in the pot I saw codfish (shredded) brocolli florets, carrots, okra, onions, red peppers all cooked down into a stew. I was ready to run for the hills and he looked hurt so I tried it. Guess what??? I had seconds. I had THIRDS!!! It ws the best tasting mess I had ever had. :lol::lol::blush:
Roy makes Saltfish and cabbage all the time (he made it again last night). Gotta admit, I almost ran out of the house too....but now, it's one of my favorites!!
can u guys share exactly what happened at ur medical? pls :help::unsure:
Roy went to Hope Medical in MoBay. He waited around alot.....they did an eye test, gave him some shots, took his blood, did a chest x-ray and basically gave him a total physical. He got there at 8am and didn't leave until 2:30-ish.....Make sure you get an immunization card from YOUR doctor and bring it with. That way you won't be getting double shots. Also, IF AT ALL POSSIBLE -- try to get a copy of the immunization records from the medical.....if you can, get a copy of the whole report. It might make things easier for you when you do the "Supplement" for the AOS.
Jamie I miss you soooooo much!!! Your positive energy is something that I personally miss..... :energetic:

I can't believe it's been a year already -- seems like just yesterday.....

Good luck with school :dance: and PLEASE don't be a stranger.

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Regarding "us" doing everything for "them"......

Roy LOVES Deal or no Deal. He is just learing how to use the computer (at school) and he has me do the "Lucky Case Game" for him (because he really thinks we are going to win). I log on and he tells me which case to choose.

Well....last night, I was watching Grey's Anatomy (upstairs) and he was downstairs watching DOND. At about 8:30 I went down to make sure of the number he wanted me to pick...he was sound asleep with the dogs on the couch. I (kinda) yelled his name and he continued to snore away.....so, I went up to the computer and picked his case.

About 10 minutes later he is SCREAMING for me....I thought something happened with one of the dogs because he was yelling and yelling and yelling and I couldn't understand what he was saying. I run downstairs and there he is, still laying on the couch wanting to know if I picked his case for him. #*&^% @)*&^%$ Tonight, he will be learning how to use the computer. I told him no more..... :bonk:

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

08/30/05 - Approved

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

Timeline

Hello,

Jax....I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your father-in-law. My thoughts are with you and your husband. (F)

Jamie....Hey! Long time no talk. We'll need to chat soon.

Rest of yall.....new poll on yahoo site.

Timeline

I was looking at all the people that are tied to the Jamaican embassy (on embassy info). And there so many people that we never heard from again. I wonder what has happend to them. Maybe some don't even know that there is a network of people in this section. hmmm.

what happend to:

ricardo

Mrs Smith

Eric D

Miss Thickness

Leos Champion

Neveryourstokeep (aka Rita)

just to name a few

....here one minute....gone the next..... :whistle:

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

08/30/05 - Approved

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.