Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 3)

6,588 posts in this topic

Welcome Wynter. Ask away......

did you submit 2 or 4 passport photos?? I originally thought it was 2 but now I see that you need 2 for EAD and 2 for AOS??? Bumba-rass-clat!!!! Also...did you send separate checks for everything or just 1 check for AOS/Biometrics/EAD?

HELP Ladies.....I need to get this thing in the mail TODAY!!!

Hey Kim -- Two photos each for the AOS and the EAD. I sent three checks.....the $70.00 for the Biometrics I sent along with the AOS application (and $300 -- whatever check.) The EAD check I sent alone. I remember reading somewhere that it was best to do the Biometrics in a separate check that way if they lost something you had proof....even though that didn't work for Squitto.... :wacko:

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Kelly - congrats on getting married (L)

Jax - will keep you in prayer :(

Hello everyone, I finally caught up but pressed for time so can't reply to each post. School is NO JOKE and midterms are next week, finals during first week of October. A sista needs vacation real bad right about now!

I'll be back in a few hours.

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

School is NO JOKE and midterms are next week, finals during first week of October. A sista needs vacation real bad right about now!

You're almost done....hang in there!!!

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

08/30/05 - Approved

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

Kelly -- The pictures are beautiful -- the mountains are awesome. Glad you had a great day!!

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

08/30/05 - Approved

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
A couple of our WEDDING Pics are loaded on the yahoo site !!!

Dag, to even THINK about the next step....I'm dreading it. ARGH ...

:D

Congrats Mrs. V!! :luv: Don't worry about AOS. Don't be like me - I whined and avoided it until Henry popped a gasket and asked me to just do it. Well in retrospect it was really easy and I wasted a lot of time. We filed in June and Henry arrived in October (as K3 so were already married). :blush: Filed in June and Approved almost exactly two months later in September was a real wonder!

Ok going to check out your pics! :D

Really nice pics! I agree - that mountain scene is lovely and a perfect setting! You are a very beautiful family - you are beautiful, your man is beautiful and your son is gonna be a heartbreaker!! :yes:

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Such pretty pictures Kelly! Your bouquet, real or silk flowers? Nice scenery...it just all ties in together (L)

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hello everyone, I finally caught up but pressed for time so can't reply to each post. School is NO JOKE and midterms are next week, finals during first week of October. A sista needs vacation real bad right about now!

I'll be back in a few hours.

I agree with Mindy, just hang in there girl. Think of the better pay in the future and see all those doors opening for you down the road!!! :thumbs:

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Filed: Timeline
Kelly -- The pictures are beautiful -- the mountains are awesome. Glad you had a great day!!

:yes: What is the name of that "park" that you spoke of? It is very beautiful. Very nice pictures.

Edited by Jamaica to CT

Timeline
Such pretty pictures Kelly! Your bouquet, real or silk flowers? Nice scenery...it just all ties in together (L)

Thanks ! The flowers are all real. One of my clients owns a flower shop and just put together something for me..."I" was an easy bride to deal with. I went in Friday, looked at a couple of pics, went with fall colors and boom. He did a great job! Now what to do with the beautiful bouquet?? I hate to just chuck it? I gotta call him tomorrow and ask how to preserve some of the roses.

We got married at Patapsco State Park. The place where we got married is called the "Valley Overlook". We don't have mountains in our area, just really tall trees. It's absolutely breath taking in person. The park is about 1 minute from where we live.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thanks ! The flowers are all real. One of my clients owns a flower shop and just put together something for me..."I" was an easy bride to deal with. I went in Friday, looked at a couple of pics, went with fall colors and boom. He did a great job! Now what to do with the beautiful bouquet?? I hate to just chuck it? I gotta call him tomorrow and ask how to preserve some of the roses.

We got married at Patapsco State Park. The place where we got married is called the "Valley Overlook". We don't have mountains in our area, just really tall trees. It's absolutely breath taking in person. The park is about 1 minute from where we live.

Beautiful pictures Kelly :thumbs:

Filed: Timeline
Good morning all,

Thanks for your concern all. I havent really said too much on here, but we have pretty much already exhausted almost every avenue. I called the health department, the extension office, the entymology department, the university hospital, our regular doctors, the derm, eye doctors, opthalmologist, etc.

The darn dermatologist even said "Maybe we have Morgellans" then when we went in, said the folks that have that are delusional. I am not so sure they are delusional, you DO know when something is biting you, for pity sake. Just because we never really had too many parasite infections in the past, doesnt mean with all the world travel now that we are not immune. And just because it microscopic and you cant SEE it, doesnt mean it isnt THERE! Sure would be easier if we could see the darned things.

Then I started doin more research and its totally scary what the genetically modified food has come up with and done. Dang. Did you know that they just started to insert E coli bacteria into the genetically modified spinach to kill off bacteria and bugs???? Kind of makes you wonder about this outbreak? They made it very clear that it was NOT the organic spinach that carried the E. Coli. Hmmmmm. Its no wonder our immune system isnt able to fight things off. You try to be healthy by eating greens and wham!

I think we should join Europe and some other nations and ban the stuff. Well, better get off my soapbox.

Later all.

Jill

Jill check your PM.

Hi all

I'm kind of new to the site and so relieved to see this thread. Sent of I-129F 9/1/06 and I already have approval (Vermont SC). But now what happens? I can't sleep, I can't eat, I can only dream of paperwork and what to expect and how to be completely and totally prepared. I hear that if I fed ex the original 797 to my finace in JA, he can bring it to the embassy and get "the packet", but do I have to wait to know the NVC sent the file to Kingston first? I'm jumping out of my skin...

Ann

Welcome Ann(winterstail).

Good morning All-

So...last night I finally finished making all the copies and completing all the darned forms.....feels like AOS/EAD is the worst......I thought the I129F (Fiancee Petition) was hard enough......but this thing has been tough.......

:thumbs: one less hurdle to overcome.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Kelly.......the pics are amazing!!! You all look so happy and you look absolutely beautiful!!! I am so happy for you!!!

Okay...so you will soon be going through the AOS/EAD process with me...ARGH!!! We went and got the 4 passport photos today and I picked up the cashier checks from the bank......The post office was closed by the time we got done so it will officially be mailed tomorrow......I just hope I did everything correctly and did not forget anything......... :blush:

Thanks all for the help!!!

CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE: www.embassyart.homestead.com

SEE K-1 TIME LINE IN MY PROFILE

.....INTERVIEW JULY 10, 2006-APPROVED

07/19/06-Duane flew home to the USA-FINALLY!!!!!!!

08/17/06-DUANE AND KIM GOT MARRIED

PART 2 BEGINS

09/20/06- EAD/AOS Mailed to Chicago Today..........Here we go again!!!

10/13/06- Biometric appointment-San Francisco

12/07/06- AOS Interview-San Francisco

CAUGHT IN FBI NAME CHECK DELAY

04/23/07-Received AOS Approval E-Mail

04/25/07-Received CARD Production E-mail

WAITING FOR GREEN CARD TO ARRIVE.......

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.