Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 3)

6,588 posts in this topic

Happy Saturday!!!

Jill -- Garlic has 0 of both. Onions are full of sugar....1/2 cup chopped is 30 calories and 9 grams of carbs

Rhonda -- We're all sleeping..... :lol: :lol:

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good morning all

I have not posted anything in awhile.... But I am here everyday checking things out. I enjoy reading all of your stories. I wonder all the time how things wil be once my fiancee gets here... You posting your experiences kind of gives me an idea :) . I am still waiting for reciept # from USCIS :angry:

Jax my sympathy goes out to you and your family (F)(F)(F)

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey-

Well...when you join, they give you a book that has the point calculation for the most commons foods so you can have an idea for each food. They also sell a book that has almost ALL restautants in it and points for each item. They also give you a card that lets YOU calculate how many points each food is based on fat.calorie and fiber count on the label of foods!!! When you run out of points, you eat 0 point foods... ..mostly vegetables............this is what makes it nice...I am really competative so I would make sure to ONLY eat low point food so that I could have MORE and I would be sooo full....sometimes I would not use all of the points so you can "Bank" them to use later that week...(you know...for that piece of cake... :P )

Okay....I am off my WW soap box......but now I look at all labels and say ...OH NO...that would be really high points so I am staying clear of that....so....it works!!!!

I am off to work!!!! Need to work O/T today....

Welcome back Sonshyne.....it's okay to come "lurk"...we all do it sometimes...... ;)

CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE: www.embassyart.homestead.com

SEE K-1 TIME LINE IN MY PROFILE

.....INTERVIEW JULY 10, 2006-APPROVED

07/19/06-Duane flew home to the USA-FINALLY!!!!!!!

08/17/06-DUANE AND KIM GOT MARRIED

PART 2 BEGINS

09/20/06- EAD/AOS Mailed to Chicago Today..........Here we go again!!!

10/13/06- Biometric appointment-San Francisco

12/07/06- AOS Interview-San Francisco

CAUGHT IN FBI NAME CHECK DELAY

04/23/07-Received AOS Approval E-Mail

04/25/07-Received CARD Production E-mail

WAITING FOR GREEN CARD TO ARRIVE.......

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello everyone....

what a great yucky morning at work...blah....

oh well i have been in a battle with comcast for the past 3 weeks...finally gave them the boot today and ordered....direct tv.....i am excited cause like many of you already have i can enjoy hype tv... :yes::yes::P

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hello everyone....

oh well i have been in a battle with comcast for the past 3 weeks...finally gave them the boot today and ordered....direct tv.....i am excited cause like many of you already have i can enjoy hype tv... :yes::yes::P

I have direct TV and I love it. I was so happy to get rid of Comcast. After paying $63 a month for not much I have tons of channels. And Comcast had the nerve to tell me when I was cancelling them that I should have called and and they would have lowered my rate. I said being a long time customer they should have offered me a lower rate.

I have lost signal for maybe 1 hour during one huge thunderstorm. No problems with snow or wind. Up in the 800 section is all music channels. Listening to root reggae now as I am cleaning my house.

WE ARE DONE!!!

Timeline

Can anyone here remember how long the embassy takes to give the visa after the interview? I am going down for my fiance's interview on October 30th 2006. I am short on days after the 8 visits to Jamaica in the past year. I have exactly 6 days to be back at work. So I am hoping that she interviews on Monday, gets visa by Friday and we can leave on Sunday. I swear if I have to leave her one more time she is going to keel over even if it is for just a few days. We are flying through JFK in hope of getting a work permit since she is the kind of woman who just would not sit still without being employed.

So is my time frame for interview and visa unrealistic or should I be planning a longer time? Would the embassy let you pick up the visa or would the insist on mailing it? Jamaica's courier system is not the best especially if you are living in the country. She had to have the NON IMPEDIMENT TO MARRAIGE delivered and the courier called her and told her to meet him at a JFC location about two miles from home cause he did not know how to find the house. I just do not like the idae of her visa sitting on a table in KFC while someone munches over a chicken box.

Timeline
Hey-

Well...when you join, they give you a book that has the point calculation for the most commons foods so you can have an idea for each food. They also sell a book that has almost ALL restautants in it and points for each item. They also give you a card that lets YOU calculate how many points each food is based on fat.calorie and fiber count on the label of foods!!! When you run out of points, you eat 0 point foods... ..mostly vegetables............this is what makes it nice...I am really competative so I would make sure to ONLY eat low point food so that I could have MORE and I would be sooo full....sometimes I would not use all of the points so you can "Bank" them to use later that week...(you know...for that piece of cake... :P )

Okay....I am off my WW soap box......but now I look at all labels and say ...OH NO...that would be really high points so I am staying clear of that....so....it works!!!!

I am off to work!!!! Need to work O/T today....

Welcome back Sonshyne.....it's okay to come "lurk"...we all do it sometimes...... ;)

Try Weight Watcher it is like $9.22 a meeting. The meetings help. I lost 3.6 pounds my first week. We will see about this week. But I ate ice cream, pizza, and other junk. Kim is right when you run out of points u can eat a bunch of vegies that have 0 points. I ate veggies soaked in vingear and it was all good. Lets see what happens this week :)! I bought a quick recipe book and the eatting out guide. This will help when I go out with friends knowing what is worth my points. I would love not to fit into my wedding dress next year when I have to wear it. Right now one pound at a time :yes: !

Jax-So sorry to hear about your hubbies loss. I think I would ask Dwain what he wants you to do and follow your intuition. If it sounds like he would really like you to be there for support...then I say go....If he sounds like the money would help to make the funeral costs easier on his Mom and family then I say send the $$$$. Go with your instincts and follow your gut!!! I will keep you and Dwain in my thoughts......
Jax my condolences go out to you and your family. As far as going to the funeral; if you can go; go. Your presence will mean a lot to your husband and his family; even if he doesn't see it now. The money always seems to come from somewhere. The emotional, physical and moral support will be more valuable at this time; both for you, Dwain and his family.

Thanks to everyone's condolences and prayers! (L) ..

It has not been easy. My hubby and I decided that I will not fly down to the funeral. It would just be a waste of money and I would use my personal days which I need for his interview. I only get one brieavment day so he wants me to save that if anything should happen to my uncle. We need to find a home for his mom now and she is in her late 50's and hasn't worked since the 80's in the craft market. So him and I need to take care of her. She has no other family members left. We are hopping to find her a place near her 2 girlfriends this Monday. (F)

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline
Hello everyone....

I must check out direct TV too I am tired of comcast also!

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline
Can anyone here remember how long the embassy takes to give the visa after the interview? I am going down for my fiance's interview on October 30th 2006. I am short on days after the 8 visits to Jamaica in the past year. I have exactly 6 days to be back at work. So I am hoping that she interviews on Monday, gets visa by Friday and we can leave on Sunday. I swear if I have to leave her one more time she is going to keel over even if it is for just a few days. We are flying through JFK in hope of getting a work permit since she is the kind of woman who just would not sit still without being employed.

So is my time frame for interview and visa unrealistic or should I be planning a longer time? Would the embassy let you pick up the visa or would the insist on mailing it? Jamaica's courier system is not the best especially if you are living in the country. She had to have the NON IMPEDIMENT TO MARRAIGE delivered and the courier called her and told her to meet him at a JFC location about two miles from home cause he did not know how to find the house. I just do not like the idae of her visa sitting on a table in KFC while someone munches over a chicken box.

Hey Trilidad-

Expecting the Visa on Friday is possible but you would be calling it VERY close.....our interview was on Monday also and we did not get the Visa until Friday afternoon but we were stressing!!!!!Some of the other folks had problems becaue the printer wa down at the embassy and it delayed the visa arrival.

As for the courier.....it is very different than regular mail or private courier service. They use air pak and you receive a call from them when your visa arrived. you will go pick it up from the designated air pak office near your fiance's home.....

I totally understand about leaving without your fiance....I just could not do it one more time.......!!!

CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE: www.embassyart.homestead.com

SEE K-1 TIME LINE IN MY PROFILE

.....INTERVIEW JULY 10, 2006-APPROVED

07/19/06-Duane flew home to the USA-FINALLY!!!!!!!

08/17/06-DUANE AND KIM GOT MARRIED

PART 2 BEGINS

09/20/06- EAD/AOS Mailed to Chicago Today..........Here we go again!!!

10/13/06- Biometric appointment-San Francisco

12/07/06- AOS Interview-San Francisco

CAUGHT IN FBI NAME CHECK DELAY

04/23/07-Received AOS Approval E-Mail

04/25/07-Received CARD Production E-mail

WAITING FOR GREEN CARD TO ARRIVE.......

Timeline

I have been told by others who have already been through this expect 2 to 3 days minimum so you just make it barring nothing is missing.

I do wish you the best of luck.

WE ARE DONE!!!

Timeline

I don't the answer to your question, but I'm reading the responses and am very interested to know what happens with your experience--I'm hoping we have an interview date by late November.

Ann

Timeline

For those who have been to the Embassy for your interview how did you react when you were told you were approved? :luv:

Just wondering if you hugged, kissed, screamed or whatever when you go the good news.

WE ARE DONE!!!

Timeline
For those who have been to the Embassy for your interview how did you react when you were told you were approved? :luv:

Just wondering if you hugged, kissed, screamed or whatever when you go the good news.

I was wondering the same thing. What exactly is an appropriate reaction short of screaming that this stage is over. In all my time of reading, I have not come across anyone being denied in Jamaica. Guess it's kind of hard to imagine what you could possibly do wrong to get denied. So none of us will ever know what a bad Jamaican experience was like. My fiance and I have never even discussed that as a possibility which I guess is good. After 5 years of this long distance relationship, we can only see a positive outcome as a rational conclusion. The other day I found phone bills and letters from 4 years ago and was just amazed at how time sure does fly. Never imagined that saving those would have come in handy.

Timeline

I was wondering the same thing. What exactly is an appropriate reaction short of screaming that this stage is over. In all my time of reading, I have not come across anyone being denied in Jamaica. Guess it's kind of hard to imagine what you could possibly do wrong to get denied. So none of us will ever know what a bad Jamaican experience was like. My fiance and I have never even discussed that as a possibility which I guess is good. After 5 years of this long distance relationship, we can only see a positive outcome as a rational conclusion. The other day I found phone bills and letters from 4 years ago and was just amazed at how time sure does fly. Never imagined that saving those would have come in handy.

Wow your luck to of found letters from 4 years ago. You are so smart :thumbs: Myself on the other hand my hubby and I use to write each other 8 years ago but we threw away our letters and emails. So all we have are pictures and a couple cards I sent him. I also threw away my birthday cards from him. :whistle: I hope we don't need as much infromation as the K-1 visa :yes:

:luv:

xTr6m6.png

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: Other Timeline

I was in shock....After almost being turned away at the door for having a camera, I was holding back tears cause I was so emotional. :hehe::blush: D was in total shock smiling from ear to ear. :D

Don't know if you will like this one. It is primarily low carb plans. But you have a variety of folks in there.

I hang out mostly in muscle matters, faith based support and the photo studio with peoples testimonies and befores and afters. http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/index.php

I'm back 100% on Atkins -- I stay at Induction all the time <think that's why my hair is falling out?> -- I eat less than 15 carbs a day....mostly meat and eggs...it works for me...

I am trying Atkins now and if I see another egg I will barf... I was never big on eggs anyway but I do love my salads with meat and good tasting salad dressing instead of the no fat, tasteless stuff. It is amazing what has carbs and how much.

I've tired Atkins....It makes my blood sugar drop so low, I feel sick all the time. Maybe I'll try weight watchers. Plus, I cannot get motivated when my hubby walks around telling me how sexy I am, what a nice A#$% I have, watches me like my body looks likes Janet's, when he see's me without clothing :wub: Hell I feel sexier than I ever have :huh: On top of that all the greasy, flour filled food he stuffs down my mouth, I'm doomed. :help: He gets offended when ever I say, no more rice or flour. It's soooo hard.

I have been told by others who have already been through this expect 2 to 3 days minimum so you just make it barring nothing is missing.

I do wish you the best of luck.

Yes, I think you'll be okay as long everything else is in order. Goodluck.

Edited by Denden

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.