Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 3)

6,588 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good night everyone,

In the middle of cooking dinner and logged in to class. Just talked to MIL and really miss them, I hope we can make it back before this time next year for a visit.

I know this is off subject but I hope sometime next year we can work out details for the proposed bashment...or at least have regionals (west coast, midwest, south, east coast)". I would like to meet all of you.

(Kim CA) Duane - I hope you feel better soon (L) and I am thankful that things were not worse.

I told D about the chicken bones (he chews them down but doesn't swallow them) and he looked at me like I was crazy, then told me that he gave them to his dog at home...well he tried to give one to our dog last night and I had a fit - he gave her the bone but she just licked at it so you know I tossed that thing out when he left the room.

Jill - will it be expensive for you and Lake to get tested for Lyme disease? From what I understand, there are no medical cures (I believe prayer and faith in the Lord cures all :yes:) but is there anything docs can do to help with the ailments you're experiencing now?

Jamie - online classes take a lot of dedication, as it's on your own time and falling behind is a lot easier since there isn't a teacher to ride your back like in regular class settings. My program is one subject every 5 weeks, and I need to post messages four days out of a week for participation (we have discussion groups) and individual assignments are given. In this class we're learning to work with teams and it hasn't been a walk in the park. If you want full details pm me (it would be too much to post here). I'm gonna try and ride it out but the good thing is that I can switch from online format to physical classes as I please.

For Tday I want brown stew chicken, rice an peas, callaloo, and not sure of what else yet. We'll see what the caribbean market has in stock.

How are Andre, Milo and Nemo?

Trinilad - can't wait to see your wedding pictures! How does it feel to be a married man?

Nanny - my condolences. Did your man have plans to go out with his friend that night?

Julie and Michael - happy 1st anniversary (L)

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Embassy move information (found here on this site)

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=42543

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Good night everyone,

In the middle of cooking dinner and logged in to class. Just talked to MIL and really miss them, I hope we can make it back before this time next year for a visit.

I know this is off subject but I hope sometime next year we can work out details for the proposed bashment...or at least have regionals (west coast, midwest, south, east coast)". I would like to meet all of you.

I was just thinking the same thing the other day. It would be nice.

Edited by nyseness

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

Filed: Other Timeline
Also......just a word of caution for all your husbands/men that eat chicken bones...........we spent the evening in the emergency room last night and we are going back in for more testing next week. Duane has been bleeding really bad and they think it might be related to the chicken bones. Apparently, they sliver like wood no matter how good they are chewed and they can do major damage to the intestines..... :(:(

The doctor told Duane today that he must STOP eating the bones immediately!!!!!! It could cause life threatening problems..........so......we will keep you posted on the health issue but we are praying he will get better. His last blood count was low so we are watching it closely and they will admit him if it gets worse....... :(

Just be safe everyone and have a great Holiday!!!

OH my!!! I hope he get's better...I wonder if that's what was wrong with my doggy a while back.. and D eats those bones till there is nothing left. My goodness. A punctured bowel is serious. I hope he gets better soon (F)

Congrats Shauna. You two deserve this. Be good to each other and do not be a stranger now that you are a graduate of the Yardie program.

To all, we got marraid today. Beautiful ceremony and out of this world lunch. Thanks for the support from you all. Iffeisha is still in awe at how well we were catered for at my job. Will keeep you posted. Will post pics if I can figure out how to do it

Congrads :dance::dance: to you and your new wife :thumbs:

Ditto :luv:

Den~ Glad you and D are well and that the kids are coming along :thumbs: Any word on the green card?

:no: You should see D running to the mail box on a daily....I keep telling him a watched pot never boils... :huh:

He has this idea about starting his own mobile detail business. :help::blush: We'll be going to either Walmart or home Depo to my this power wash thingamagig :help: soon. He has so much will and determination I cannot help but to say "okay baby go and head to your best" :luv: ...I'm hoping it comes soon.

:hehe::lol: Today he said we didn't need a tree cause there are some many around there??...I'm like where???He's so funny. I had to tell him to not by a tree is not an option. :lol:

Hello everyone

:)

I know this isn't my "section" but I had to stop by and see what this thread was as I kept seeing it as the thread last posted on. So here I am. I read through a few pages and I have to say you all seem soooo nice!!! What a great bunch, so caring about each other.

But... what's a Yardie?? :huh:

Hey Melly. :D

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!!

Jonesie -- Stop being such a stranger! How is D doing?

Jill -- Wow. It's so amazing to me that you could go this long and still (not know 100%) what's wrong. Our thoughts are with you. How is Lake doing with work? Hope this isn't affecting him too much.

Kim -- How is Duane doing? I told Roy NO MORE and he just looked at me like I was crazy...."I don't chew the bones I just suck on them." SO WHAT'S THAT CRUNCHING NOISE I ALWAYS HEAR???

Dee -- If Dave gets this going -- I will bring my truck down there for him to do!!!

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Timeline
Hello everyone

:)

I know this isn't my "section" but I had to stop by and see what this thread was as I kept seeing it as the thread last posted on. So here I am. I read through a few pages and I have to say you all seem soooo nice!!! What a great bunch, so caring about each other.

But... what's a Yardie?? :huh:

Hi Melly :D

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

nyseness - thanks for the explanation.

And hi to Denden and BelwinMills. :)

I actually went to Jamaica about 18 years ago. Unfortunately I think I was too young to appreciate it but I would love to go back someday. The weather was lovely and I would really like to explore more there.

Allah tries his chosen people through many hardships, but those who persevere through adversity, surrendering themselves before the will of Allah, shall be blessed with a superb reward.

-The Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reported by Anas bin Malik

A time will come when the sky is torn apart; when the stars scatter, and the ocean drains away; and when the graves are tossed about, and laid open. At that time every man will be told what he has done, and what he has failed to do; and every woman will be told what she has done, and what she has failed to do.

-Qur'an, Al-Infitar, Surah 82:1-5

Filed: Other Timeline
I told Roy NO MORE and he just looked at me like I was crazy...."I don't chew the bones I just suck on them." SO WHAT'S THAT CRUNCHING NOISE I ALWAYS HEAR???[/color]

D said he chews the bones up, but dosen't swallow them :huh: I'm like whater, you do with them stop it!!!

Good night everyone,

I was just thinking the same thing the other day. It would be nice.

I hear the Color Purple is coming to chi town. It would be a nice 1st of the year trip. Any one up for Chicago About Jan or Feb??????

nyseness - thanks for the explanation.

And hi to Denden and BelwinMills. :)

I actually went to Jamaica about 18 years ago. Unfortunately I think I was too young to appreciate it but I would love to go back someday. The weather was lovely and I would really like to explore more there.

I miss JA sooo much, I cannot image how my hubby feels :crying::crying:

Dee -- If Dave gets this going -- I will bring my truck down there for him to do!!!

He'd be happy to know it. :yes:

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Speaking of Christmas trees.....I use to decorate ours (back in my single days) with two colors every year. Yes, I'm plain and boring.

Last year Damien wanted to be in charge of the Christmas tree decorations. He was so excited because he never had a Christmas tree in JA. He brought EVERY multi-colored ornaments, flashing light bulbs, etc :wacko: We couldn't see the green on the tree and it was leaning over because the decorations were too heavy. I couldn't look at it because it made me dizzy :wacko: It was a horrible sight but his smile was priceless :D.

Well yesterday he wanted to buy a pre-lit Christmas palm tree :blink: He wants to decorate it more and put it in our bedroom :help: He also wanted to buy more decorations for the regular Christmas tree. He become really upset when I asked if he can tone it down this year. So I'll be wearing sunglasses in our house :help:

I lurk around here a lot.

This is the funniest post I have read in a while!!!!!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

3/27/06 Got Married - Whopeee!!!!!

4/06/06 Mailed I-130 only (Not ready to mail other documents yet)

4/12/06 NOA1 on I-130

7/20/06 Mailed AOS Package (I-485, I-765, I-864, no medical documents)

7/25/06 I-130 Approved

7/27/06 NOA1

8/15/06 Biometrics

8/21/06 Completed Medical - $250.00 - Yikes!!!!

8/24/06 Received Medical report from Doctor

8/28/06 Mailed RFE to Lees Summit - Medical

9/05/06 Touched (I-485) - Received Medical

9/09/06 Touched (I-485)

9/23/06 Touched (I-130)

9/23/06 Touched (I/765) Approved

9/28/06 Touched (I-765)

10/2/06 Received EAD Card

10/3/06 Touched (1-765)

10/21/06 Received Interview date - 12/06/06

12/04/06 Touched I-485 & I-765

12/06/06 Approved pending name check - bummer!!! - So the AO says

02/03/07 59 days and counting since interview....

02/09/07 Best touch ever!!!! Got welcome notice emails!!!!

02/12/07 Touched (I-485)

02/13/07 Touched (I-485)

02/14/07 Touched & Emails ("We ordered the production of your card...")

02/20/07 Card received in the mail!!!!!! Yay!!!!

Lifting Conditions

12/09/2008 Mailed package

12/18/2008 NOA 1

1/06/2009 Biometrics

1/07/2009 Touched

5/17/2009 Approved!!!!

6/12/2009 Card produced. No status change on the website.

6/20/2009 Received card in the mail

Citizenship (Final Leg)

11/16/2009 Mailed package

11/18/2009 USCIS received package

11/20/2009 NOA1

11/24/2009 Check cashed

01/06/2010 Biometrics

03/01/2010 Interview - Passed!!!

03/26/2010 Oath Ceremony

Filed: Country: Guyana
Timeline

Good evening everyone,

Lake took his math GED test on Saturday, sure hope he did well. He said he thought he did pretty well, unlike last time. Last July when he took the math portion, he said he took one look at the questions and knew he wasnt gonna pass. We dont hear for two weeks :crying: so hope good thoughts for him, even tho he is already done it. :)

Thanks all for your thoughts and prayers, keep it up.

Apparently whatever type of mite or whatever we had, gave us Lyme and/or co-infections. It costs about $300 for a dependable test and then a bit more to test for the co-infections. So I just cant do it right at the moment, what with Christmas coming and then Lake going home to Guyana for Christmas.

It isn't affecting him too horribly at work so much, as when he gets home, then he is in terrible pain. His hip, neck, and back are really acting up. Our skin is horrible, covered with this strange dry weird webbing, no matter how much lotion or oil you put on.

The doc has given us meds, but apparently is a very long road, and you are plagued with skin infections along the way. Man, it hurts. The only way to describe it when you lay down to sleep is like laying on shards of glass. So..on top of everything...lack of sleep. Grrrr!

Well, I dont mean to go on bout that...so enough already...

That silly Lake told all his relatives that he could get cheap laptops for everyone at the after Thanksgiving sale....and they would pay him back. I dont know WHAT he was thinking...####### they have walmarts in New York, dont they? Let them get their own darn laptop! Sheesh. We TRIED last year and it was a zoo and they ran out, we were there from 3 am on and STILL didnt get one, with everyone pushing and shoving!

And on top of that, you are ONLY allowed ONE, even if you did manage it, AND...WHERE IN THE WORLD does he think the money is coming from??? I kind of knew the situation, as I have heard him talking on the phone, but when he mentioned getting a computer (how in the world does he even know they will have a sale on them THIS YEAR???), that "yes, I would certainly LOVE to have one", I didnt add the ...since the one I bot LAST YEAR FOR ME, you gave to your KID!!! He got real quiet then, as I knew he had promised everyone and their darned dog one. What about ME!!!! ??? :help:

He is real sweet, but sometimes I wished he would think about ME. I left him alone for awhile in Walmart, and when I came back...(I KNEW he didnt), I asked him "Well, are ya done scouting for my Christmas present?????" Man, I get ticked sometimes. I know he gives me his paycheck, but he is on the credit card, he could sneakily buy me somethin many times over and so far, he has yet to do so. Never. He goes to the gas station every week to buy lotto tickets, with fund money I give him, til we get caught up, would it be so hard to bring me a lil surprise once in a while?

He doesnt want superfluous stuff really, but I DID ask him what would happen if his father dies right after he gets back, and he told me that he would have to go! He doesnt quite understand that it takes at keast 5 years or so to get established, after you get a good job, to go haring off for 6 weeks two times a year!!! (He has in mind we are both going next summer!). I DO wish this were Europe, where they get off for vacation for 6 weeks the first YEAR of the job, but its not. When he starts grumbling about how much everything costs here, I told him if he wanted to go home and stay, he is certainly free to do so.

Well, done ranting for now...its been building and I certainly needed to release it. I am not looking forward to tellin Mom, I did tell sis and she went off the deep end, and got me all stressed out, and she is usually the easy going one. Sigh....sure makes it hard on me...

Jill

Timeline

May 15th Lake arrived NYC on tourist visa

6-15-05 Flew NCY to "fetch" Lake for visit here

8-17-05 He Proposed!

8-24-05 MARRIED!

9- 1-05 - SENT AOS, EAD, AP, & ETC

9-12-05 NOA1 - FOR I-130, I-145, & AP, EAD

10-5-05 RFE for Birth C. & medical

10-24-05 GOT LEARNERS PERMIT

11-3-05 DRIVERS LICENSE :)

11-16-05 overnited RFE

11-17-05 Rcvd NOA2 for EAD, bio set for 12-5-05

11-25-05 Recvd AOS bio letter, apptmt for 12-14-05

12-5-05 Biometrics (they did BOTH!)

Infopass, got temp EAD, AP no luck

12-6-05 Applied for SSN, not in system

12-10-05 AP finally arrives!

12-11-05 1 year EAD card!

12-23-05 Interview letter arrives! 3-3-06

1-17-06 SSN arrives!!

3-3-06 Interview-APPROVED! Passport stamped :)

3-14-06 Green card arrives!

one of his friends was stabbed and killed last night at a dance....he doesn't know all the details yet

Oh my gosh :o The violence down there is JUST awful :(

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Rhonda~ Girl you are awesome! How is work going? Still ready to quit or is it getting better?

Work sucks :( Yes, I still want to quit - I just can't find anything else that pays enough :wacko: If only I didn't have to work weekends, this job wouldn't be so bad!

I am pretty certain we have contracted Lyme disease, we seem to have about 30 out of 35 listed symptoms.

That is terrible :( Where would you have contracted Lyme disease from? Good luck.

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
:help: We're all prepared. I've done just about everything required for the interview (except joined the line outside the bulding). How do I get through the next 2 weeks? Jay is playing it cool, but I tend to get anxious and at work, my co-workers seem to piss me off very easily these days - especially my boss. This must be PVS (Pre Visa Syndrome). :blink:

post-25320-1164024474_thumb.jpg

From a little cottage in Negril all the way to Vermont.[br].png

Timeline

Good morning all :whistle: Yippee a three day work week!!

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.