babypatz

I-864 question part 4 INFORMATION ON THE SPONSOR

9 posts in this topic

We're both living in Manila,just wondering which address,do i need to use, Manila or USA? as a Sponsor's address

I-864 part 4 INFORMATION ON THE SPONSOR

12.Mailing Address ?

13.Place of Residence ? (if diff.from mailing address)

15.Country of Domicile ?

Thanks for you good info.

DCF TIMELINE (IR-1) Immediate Relative

07/14/2007 ==== Marriage

06/01/2009 ==== Request for Taiwan Police Cert.

07/06/2009 ==== Recieved Taiwan Police Cert.

08/04/2009 ==== Filed I-130 Petition at USEM

09/11/2009 ==== Recieved Notice of Approval(Petition Approved)

10/16/2009 ==== Case Number given by USEM

10/18/2009 ==== Packet 3 recieved

10/20/2009 ==== Packet 3 sent to Immigrant Visa Unit

11/10/2009 ==== Packet 4 recieved

11/10-11/2009 ==== Medical Passed

December 01,2009 Interview Date (IR-1 Visa)

Interview Passed:)

December 03,2009 : VISA ON HAND

POE : 01/29/2010 (Manila - Los Angeles)

02/04/2010: Welcome notice and Greencard received.

02/06/2010: SSN received.

Boracay Island Vacation

The highest point of Boracay White Sand Beach....

Hmm that's a good one, but you are planning on living in the US. I would say you could have your place of residence and country of domicile in the US....mailing address in the PI. I remember reading that in order to get the visa you have to have a domicile in the US....

I know there is someone here that has dealt with this. Hopefully this will bump up your question at least.

For our Full timeline

event.png

Removal of conditions Journey

16 March 2012 Sent I-751 package from Aviano AB, Italy.

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

30 March 2012 Sent everything out again from Aviano AB, Italy.

10 April 2012 Check cashed

17 April 2012 Received NOA1 dated 6 April.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

We used a US address on the I-864, as they prefer the sponsor to be US baed, and with DCF, you only hand in the I-864 at the interview (we used our Irish address in the earlier I-130). As we had no house in the US at that point, we used my USC husband's sister's address.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

We wrote a US address for the mailing address, a Japanese address for the place of residence and just USA for the country of domicile.

Immigration Process (DCF Japan)

08/06/2008 I-130 petition at Tokyo, Japan

08/13/2008 I-130 approved

|

| Waited until we were ready to move back

|

07/13/2009 IV interview at Tokyo, Japan

07/15/2009 IV(IR-1) in hand

Post-DCF

07/29/2009 POE at Las Vegas

08/17/2009 GC(10yrs) received

Click here for the detailed timeline.

Done with USCIS until

- naturalization in May 2012 or

- GC replacement in February 2019

CXmLm7.png

Thank you..its very confusing huh.... :dance:

Best of luck in US.

DCF TIMELINE (IR-1) Immediate Relative

07/14/2007 ==== Marriage

06/01/2009 ==== Request for Taiwan Police Cert.

07/06/2009 ==== Recieved Taiwan Police Cert.

08/04/2009 ==== Filed I-130 Petition at USEM

09/11/2009 ==== Recieved Notice of Approval(Petition Approved)

10/16/2009 ==== Case Number given by USEM

10/18/2009 ==== Packet 3 recieved

10/20/2009 ==== Packet 3 sent to Immigrant Visa Unit

11/10/2009 ==== Packet 4 recieved

11/10-11/2009 ==== Medical Passed

December 01,2009 Interview Date (IR-1 Visa)

Interview Passed:)

December 03,2009 : VISA ON HAND

POE : 01/29/2010 (Manila - Los Angeles)

02/04/2010: Welcome notice and Greencard received.

02/06/2010: SSN received.

Boracay Island Vacation

The highest point of Boracay White Sand Beach....

• 5 months later...

We're both living in Manila,just wondering which address,do i need to use, Manila or USA? as a Sponsor's address

I-864 part 4 INFORMATION ON THE SPONSOR

12.Mailing Address ?

13.Place of Residence ? (if diff.from mailing address)

15.Country of Domicile ?

Thanks for you good info.

So in your case, what did you indicate in filling out those blanks. I'm in the same shoes.

How about in DS230 Q39?

Edited by danilou

• 3 weeks later...

The original poster wrote:

We're both living in Manila. Just wondering which address do I need to use, Manila or USA as a Sponsor's Address on Form I-864 (part 4) "Information On the Sponsor"

Line #12: Mailing Address?

Line #13: Place of Residence? (if different from mailing address)

Line #15: Country of Domicile?

So in your case, what did you indicate in filling out those blanks. I'm in the same shoes.

I am also in the same situation. I am filing for an IR-1 visa for my my Filipina wife. We both live in the Philippines at the moment.

Line #13 (Place of Residence): To be able to use the DCF option with the US Embassy in Manila, I must show proof that I am a "permanent resident" of the Philippines and currently living in the Philippines ... So it is obvious that in question #13 (Place of Residence), I would need to show my residence right here in the Philippines.

Line #12 (Mailing Address): Well, currently wouldn't my mailing address also be right here in the Philippines too, since that's where I'm living at the present time?

Line #15 (Country of Domicile): If you read the instructions, it says the following:

"This question is asking you to indicate the country where you maintain your principal residence and where you plan to reside for the foreseeable future. If your mailing address and/or place of residence is not in the United States, but your country of domicile is the United States, you must attach a written explanation and documentary evidence indicating how you meet the domicile requirement.

If you are not currently living in the United States, you may meet the domicile requirement if you can submit evidence to establish that any of the following conditions apply:"

Then it gives a whole bunch of various situations.

Personally, I am writing "USA" on line #15, and I guess I will need to include a letter and submit some kind of proof that I have taken steps to establish domicile in the United States at a time no later than the date of the intending immigrant's admission or adjustment of status per the requirement.

Ron,

Edited by Turbota

Naturalization (3-year marriage rule)

07 / 08 / 14 .. ..N-400 Application Sent
07 / 21 / 14
.. ..Case Acceptance Letter Received

07 / 26 / 14 .. ..Biometrics Notification Letter Received

08 / 06 / 14 .. ..Biometrics Complete
09 / 09 / 14 .. . .Interview Notification Letter Received

10 / 14 / 14 .. ..Interview Complete .(requested additional documentation)
11 / 04 / 14
.. ..Supervisory Review of Case

11 / 28 / 14 .. . Oath Ceremony Letter Received

12 / 05 / 14 . . . Oath Ceremony Complete ... New US Citizen !

The original poster wrote:

We're both living in Manila. Just wondering which address do I need to use, Manila or USA as a Sponsor's Address on Form I-864 (part 4) "Information On the Sponsor"

Line #12: Mailing Address?

Line #13: Place of Residence? (if different from mailing address)

Line #15: Country of Domicile?

I am also in the same situation. I am filing for an IR-1 visa for my my Filipina wife. We both live in the Philippines at the moment.

Line #13 (Place of Residence): To be able to use the DCF option with the US Embassy in Manila, I must show proof that I am a "permanent resident" of the Philippines and currently living in the Philippines ... So it is obvious that in question #13 (Place of Residence), I would need to show my residence right here in the Philippines.

Line #12 (Mailing Address): Well, currently wouldn't my mailing address also be right here in the Philippines too, since that's where I'm living at the present time?

Line #15 (Country of Domicile): If you read the instructions, it says the following:

"This question is asking you to indicate the country where you maintain your principal residence and where you plan to reside for the foreseeable future. If your mailing address and/or place of residence is not in the United States, but your country of domicile is the United States, you must attach a written explanation and documentary evidence indicating how you meet the domicile requirement.

If you are not currently living in the United States, you may meet the domicile requirement if you can submit evidence to establish that any of the following conditions apply:"

Then it gives a whole bunch of various situations.

Personally, I am writing "USA" on line #15, and I guess I will need to include a letter and submit some kind of proof that I have taken steps to establish domicile in the United States at a time no later than the date of the intending immigrant's admission or adjustment of status per the requirement.

Ron,

Thanks Turbota. But as the embassy requires that the petitioner (as sponsor also)should be in the US at the time of the benificiary's interview and which is also the time that the I-864 is submitted to the embassy, wouldn't it be logical to indicate the US address? I'm confused. :-(

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks Turbota. But as the embassy requires that the petitioner (as sponsor also)should be in the US at the time of the benificiary's interview and which is also the time that the I-864 is submitted to the embassy, wouldn't it be logical to indicate the US address? I'm confused. :-(

Does your consulate require that the U.S. petitioner be present in the U.S.?

What the guidelines are is that you either have to be domiciled in the U.S. OR show proof that you are reestablishing domicile and that you will establish domicile (ie: enter and live in the U.S.) no later than the intending immigrant.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.