augustapplicant

Any one on AP for more than 15 months on this forum?

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Case Status : K1 Fiacee Visa,

Interview : US Embassy In Abu Dhabi

Hi Guys,

Our case is still on AP for 15 months now, am i the only applicant who's waiting on this forum this long? any one else on the same boat?

Called my Congressman and Senators many times and nothing really happened?

Some attorneys tell me to Re-file for K3, some said to file a law suit? I am very confused and frustrated? any input will be greatfully appriciated?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi Guys,

Our case is still on AP for 15 months now, am i the only applicant who's waiting on this forum this long? any one else on the same boat?

Some attorneys tell me to Re-file for K3, some said to file a law suit? I am very confused and frustrated? any input will be greatfully appriciated?

when u contact the embassy and dos what do they say?

sara

Under Admin Processing

Hi Guys,

when u contact the embassy and dos what do they say?

sara

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

My husbands case was sent back from the embassy to USCIS after 10 months of AP but when I call and inquire about the case Im told it is still under AP at USCIS which so far is a total of 15 or 16 months I have called and wrote everyone I can and so far nothing has helped. At this point I am waiting for a "search of my case" at USCIS LOL but they said if you dont hear in 45 days call back so I am just going to kick back and enjoy the holidays Im sure it will be between January and May before anything is done if it is before that I will be shocked. I am sorry for your long wait.

Marriage : 2008-01-26

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-06

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-02-20

I-130 Approved : 2008-03-19

NVC Received : 2008-03-25

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2008-04-07

Pay I-864 Bill 2008-04-17

Receive I-864 Package : 2008-04-21

Return Completed I-864 : 2008-04-22

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2008-04-07

Receive IV Bill : 2008-04-20

Pay IV Bill : 2008-04-21

Receive Instruction Package : 2008-05-01

Case Completed at NVC : 2008-05-12

NVC Left : 2008-05-23

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received : 2008-05-01

Packet 3 Sent : 2008-05-01

Packet 4 Received : 2008-05-31

Interview Date : 2008-07-15

result AP

2009-05-15 case returned to USCIS

2009-06-29 case received at USCIS

2010-03-12 letter from USCIS stating reason for case being returned and asking for additional info of a on going relationship

2010-03-29 sent next day air-2010-03-30 10:30 USCIS signed for package

2010-03-31 USCIS updated accoun

2010-04-10 received email case reaffirmed

2010-08-18 2nd interview

9/2/2010 Visa Received

9/16/2010 Entered USA

10/15/2010 received 10 year GC

:http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pGV...s4pIA&hl=en

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
My husbands case was sent back from the embassy to USCIS after 10 months of AP but when I call and inquire about the case Im told it is still under AP at USCIS which so far is a total of 15 or 16 months I have called and wrote everyone I can and so far nothing has helped. At this point I am waiting for a "search of my case" at USCIS LOL but they said if you dont hear in 45 days call back so I am just going to kick back and enjoy the holidays Im sure it will be between January and May before anything is done if it is before that I will be shocked. I am sorry for your long wait.

im so sorry for ur wait i hope that your out of AP soon

your in my prayers

sara

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

Strongly suggest you contact your congressman and file out a release of information. Our case lasted about that long and it was only with a congressman's aid that it was finally finished. What happened was the petition was only good for one year so the embassy had renewed it but there was a different case number. No one bothered to inform us despite calls to the embassy, letters and emails.

Might want to find out from the Embassy if a new case number has been assigned. Have to ask this specifically, if you just give the case number they type it in and say still on AP.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

It was a few years ago, but yes, my husband was in AP for about a year and a half. It was never sent back. And yes, we did contact our Congress rep, but they were told my husband was under administrative processing. This was at the CO in his country before the waiver was even sent to Rome for the final decision.

It's definitely worth checking in periodically with your Congress Rep, but there isn't much to do when they tell you that you are in the AP black hole. Hopefully, you are near the end of waiting. Good luck.

MoFlair.jpgbadsign.jpgfaris.jpgpassport.jpg

Thanks every one for your comments, the Senator and Congressman got the same response as me, Under Admin Processing, I decided to file a Lawsuit, Attorney is charging me $12,000.00 and also told me because it is a fiancee's case, the Judge may not even accept the case, another word no stand, I decided to wait until January, and if nothing happens to file it anyway.

It was a few years ago, but yes, my husband was in AP for about a year and a half. It was never sent back. And yes, we did contact our Congress rep, but they were told my husband was under administrative processing. This was at the CO in his country before the waiver was even sent to Rome for the final decision.

It's definitely worth checking in periodically with your Congress Rep, but there isn't much to do when they tell you that you are in the AP black hole. Hopefully, you are near the end of waiting. Good luck.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

What he is probably suggesting is a writ of mandemus or something like this. All it does is force them to make a decision within a certain time period usually 60 or 90 days. If he is in AP he is in AP this might speed it up but that's a lot of money.

Yes, he is going to file a writ of mandemus, every one else is asking for 16000. He is the cheapest i could find.

What he is probably suggesting is a writ of mandemus or something like this. All it does is force them to make a decision within a certain time period usually 60 or 90 days. If he is in AP he is in AP this might speed it up but that's a lot of money.

$12,000 is still ridiculously expensive. I think it may be easier (and less expensive) to get married and file an IR-1. Just a thought...

Visa Journey completed, but we are still here to provide support! :)

I filed for K1 visa at May 2007,

It took us one year and three months to get to an interview stage, Background check with FBI took a long time,

I am sure if i apply for IR-1, its not going to be any sooner?

$12,000 is still ridiculously expensive. I think it may be easier (and less expensive) to get married and file an IR-1. Just a thought...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.