piscesforever

POE is Portland Oregon

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi, my fiance just bought me a ticket and my point of entry is Portland, (PDX) in Oregon.

I am worried about my layover from Portland to Salt Lake City. It is only two and a half hours. I think PDX is a small airport, do you think I will be able to get to my next flight in time?

Just another info, my multiple flights are all operated by one airline company.

Thanks.

AOS timeline

05 Feb 2010 - Sent AOS package

08 Feb 2010 - Package arrived in the lockbox (confirmed through USPS) - received date

20 Feb 2010 - NOA1 AOS/EAD (hard copies) - notice date for both is 16 Feb 2010

27 Feb 2010 - Biometrics A. Letter Arrived (schedule: March 19)

10 Mar 2010 - Successful Walk-in Biometrics (schedule was: March 19)

10-11 Mar 2010 - two touches on both cases after my walk-in Biometrics

26 Mar 2010 - Received the notice in the mail requesting to appear in an interview

15 Apr 2010 - EAD Card production ordered notice received via email

16 Apr 2010 - EAD touched again

21 Apr 2010 - EAD touched (post-decision activity)

22 Apr 2010 - EAD touched

24 Apr 2010 - EAD card in the mail

28 Apr 2010 - Interview date --- approved =) / case touched

11 May 2010 - card production ordered

29 May 2010 - received green card in the mail

View my whole visa to aos timeline here

Timeline
Hi, my fiance just bought me a ticket and my point of entry is Portland, (PDX) in Oregon.

I am worried about my layover from Portland to Salt Lake City. It is only two and a half hours. I think PDX is a small airport, do you think I will be able to get to my next flight in time?

Thanks.

I have been to Portland may times. You should have no problems. Congrats and welcome to your new home.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

when my elder sister came back from egypt it took her about 45 minutes to get thru immigration and customs..she said they were very nice .......Portland is not a huge airport you should have no problems getting thru it and on to ur next flight with in the time u have to do it in............my sis said only thing that held her up so long was the guy in front of her refusing to do something they asked him to do.......

congratulations

sara

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

I have been to Portland airport (PDX) so many times ... PDX is a small airport, 2.5 hours is really enough to get your other flight, don't worry about that.

Anyways, CONGRATULATIONS !!!

Timeline

Thanks everyone :)

AOS timeline

08 Feb 2010 - Package arrived in the lockbox (confirmed through USPS) - received date

26 Mar 2010 - Received the notice in the mail requesting to appear in an interview

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Thanks.

The ticket is already purchased so not much you can do about it now. You should be ok if your incoming flight arrives on time but often they don't. I try to get at least a three hour connection time when possible and if not, I try to make sure my connecting flight is not the last one of the day.

For example, my last international flight scheduled through an airport no larger than PDX was scheduled for a 5 hour layover but left 8 hours late, resulting in an unscheduled overnight stay. I've had three of those fairly recently.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Just an update. I arrived last Sunday, and my POE was the airport in Portland. It went well. And the 2 hour layover was enough. The plane arrived 8am and not a lot of people were around for boarding.

AOS timeline

Just an update. I arrived last Sunday, and my POE was the airport in Portland. It went well. And the 2 hour layover was enough. The plane arrived 8am and not a lot of people were around for boarding.

I appreciate your post..my wife lands in PDX next week..she was wondering if she should check her baggage thru to spokane so she did not have to hassel getting it when she landed in PDX..I told her it made more since to check check it thru to spokane..customs is enuff to deal with. :mellow:

once you find her..never let her go

6 trips to phili from 10-05 to 11-08

married CDO 11-18-08

I-130 sent 12-30-08

noa1 reciept 1-08-09

I-130 approved 6-14-09 Cal serv center NVC recieved 6-28-09

3032 choice sent 7-1-09

AOS fee bill generated 7-1-09

IV bill generated 7-7-09

IV bill credited 7-14-09

AOS bill credited 7-24-09

ds 230 sent to NVC 7-28-09

AOS 864 sent to NVC 7-28-09

ds 230 & 864 recieved 8-5-09 priority/cert. mail

case completed 8-13-09

St. Lukes 10-6, 10-7 - 09' she passed :)

Interview date US embassy Manila 10-23-09..visa refused "additional NBI "aka" needed"

additional NBI aka submitted 10-26-09

VISA arrived via AIR21 to CDO 11-03-09

Wife arrives USofA 11-17-09 Our journey a to z 4.6 years

Wife's SSN card arrives 11-28-09

Wife's Green card arrives 12-05-09...faster than expected

removal of conditions

I-751 app file date 8-18-11 CSC

NOA receipt 8-20-11

I-797c biometrics 9-28-11

I appreciate your post..my wife lands in PDX next week..she was wondering if she should check her baggage thru to spokane so she did not have to hassel getting it when she landed in PDX..I told her it made more since to check check it thru to spokane..customs is enuff to deal with. :mellow:

She will still have to deal with her baggage. There are 2 stages when arriving in the US with a connecting flight. First you go through immigration and then you pick up your bags and proceed through customs. Once on the other side, you drop your bags off at a drop off point for all connecting flights and then proceed without your checked bags to your next flight's gate.

Unless she's not got a through ticket (namely she has 2 sets of tickets with 2 different airlines) and then she will probably need to exit security once through customs with her bags and recheck onto the 2nd flight.

Edited by SunDrop

Timeline Summary:

K-1/K-2 NOA1 - POE: 9 February - 9 July 2010

Married: 17 July 2010

AOS mailed - Interview : 22 November 2010 - 10 March 2011

ROC mailed - approved: 14 February - 18 June 2013

Citizenship mailed - ceremony: 9 February - 7 June 2017

VJ K-2 AOS Guide

Timeline

All mine was from northwest airlines but operated by Delta Airlines. I didn't have any trouble with my baggage.

In PDX, passport check first on Foreign Citizens lane, then they asked for my visa packet, then biometrics.

Then, after that I got my baggage. I went in to this line that checks the Declaration Form, the guy just took my form and then asked me to go to my connecting flight. I dropped off my baggage at the next room, and then went up to the boarding area. Upstairs, I went through the security check where I had to remove my shoes. Then, I went to my boarding gate. I didn't have to check in since it was the same airline.

Edited by piscesforever

AOS timeline

• 4 years later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.