M&ME

November 2009 filers.

204 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
Well received my NOA1 receipt in the mail today and created my profile on the UCSIS.gov website. Now what happens. I see people's profiles stating applications for I-129 Visa petition being sent, is that correct? I thought those were obsolete since the I-130 processing times have been cut down. Any ideas everybody.

Good luck to all

Carlos J.

I'm not going to do the I-129 because it's cheaper to just go CR-1/IR-1 and they get work permission/greencard right away. I guess there might be some benefit to the other, I read someone say the other day that it would speed it up a couple weeks. But then I have seen so many timelines where the I-130 and I-129 were approved on the same day, so I'm not sure about that. Maybe it is faster processing at the consulate? I don't know. In any case, even if it added a month or maybe even two, I'd still go CR-1 because of the cost of adjusting later and of them not being able to work right away.

From the research that I did when doing the packet I thought the same so I just think I'm going to stick to the CR-1/IR-1. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't misinterpreting what I had read and looked up.

Thanks

Carlos J.

California Service Center Assigned

U.S. Embassy Bogota Colombia

06-13-2008 Met

06-13-2009 Married

11-09-2009 I-130 Petition sent via USPS Next day to Chicago lockbox

11-10-2009 Delivery Confirmation from USPS

11-17-2009 I-130 NOA1 (Receipt) Received Hard copy 11-19-09

03/01/2010 I-130 NOA2

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
Well received my NOA1 receipt in the mail today and created my profile on the UCSIS.gov website. Now what happens. I see people's profiles stating applications for I-129 Visa petition being sent, is that correct? I thought those were obsolete since the I-130 processing times have been cut down. Any ideas everybody.

Good luck to all

Carlos J.

Is it recommended to create a profile on their page? Does it speed up the process or increase communication with them or just make it easy to check the status?

It's not a bad Idea, its free, and at least you can check when they touch your file, I like the fact that once you sign up there is a text message alert icon that you can activate and once there is activity on you file, they text you on you phone. I thought that was pretty nice.

06-13-2008 Met

06-13-2009 Married

03/01/2010 I-130 NOA2

Timeline
Well, i got the e-mail saying they accepted the package and a case number. Now to wait for the hardcopy NOA. Check hasnt been cashed yet, but I'm sure that will happen really soon now.

Hey Scott hope all is well, I noticed today when I was creating my profile on UCSIC.gov that there was a banner about USCIS MILITARY HELPLINE, from your APO mailing status I figure your in the military. I was in the service as well, its worth a try to call the number and see what happens. If I get any info I'll let you know. Here is the link.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...000b92ca60aRCRD

Good luck and stay safe.

Carlos J.

11B USA

Edited by flironman

06-13-2008 Met

06-13-2009 Married

03/01/2010 I-130 NOA2

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Yeah, I think you can get it expedited if you are deployed. I found a thread last night for military people. They got done really quick! I think I saw from filing to visa in like 4 months. I'm sorry I didn't bookmark it, but just look around. You either have to call or send in an additional paper, and you'll probably get the NOA2 super quick.

Looks from your profile like your deployment is over in a couple months, so I would file the expedite before it's over! Then maybe she'll be home shortly after you.

Edited by Safiya&Samir

02/11/09 Married

11/02/09 Sent I-130

11/09/09 NOA1 (received 11/13/09)

11/10/09 Check Cashed

11/13/09 *Touch*

2/10/10 NOA2 (text and email)

Well, i got the e-mail saying they accepted the package and a case number. Now to wait for the hardcopy NOA. Check hasnt been cashed yet, but I'm sure that will happen really soon now.

Hey Scott hope all is well, I noticed today when I was creating my profile on UCSIC.gov that there was a banner about USCIS MILITARY HELPLINE, from your APO mailing status I figure your in the military. I was in the service as well, its worth a try to call the number and see what happens. If I get any info I'll let you know. Here is the link.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...000b92ca60aRCRD

Good luck and stay safe.

Carlos J.

11B USA

Yes that is what i was planning on doing. I will call them today when i am at work. I know it was said here that it wouldnt matter much since i am already deployed, but there is no harm in trying right? I figure all they can do is tell me no and I am still in the same boat as i was in before. :thumbs:

For our Full timeline

event.png

Removal of conditions Journey

16 March 2012 Sent I-751 package from Aviano AB, Italy.

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

30 March 2012 Sent everything out again from Aviano AB, Italy.

10 April 2012 Check cashed

17 April 2012 Received NOA1 dated 6 April.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

well, i called them last night and they said that i should hear something in the next 5 business days. gave me a tracking number and told me to call back if i had any other questions. I guess we will see.

For our Full timeline

event.png

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

I got an e-mail today saying my request was approved, but the file was still in transit to the CSC :D

For our Full timeline

event.png

I got an e-mail today saying my request was approved, but the file was still in transit to the CSC :D

For our Full timeline

event.png

double post

Edited by Scott and Mhay

For our Full timeline

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Looks like you'll be with the NVC crowd soon! :dance: Congratulations. I'm not jealous. No, seriously. :innocent:

02/11/09 Married

11/02/09 Sent I-130

11/09/09 NOA1 (received 11/13/09)

11/10/09 Check Cashed

11/13/09 *Touch*

2/10/10 NOA2 (text and email)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I'm also a November filer and wanted to update/put up my time line. However, I have a question and I know this may sound very basic but how can I find out when:

- my file has been 'touched'?

- when I get an NOA1 and NOA2 (besides snail mail since I'm not in the US currently). Is there a website where I can track this information and other information about my case in general?

I know my check has been cashed so am anxious to find out what happens next.

Thank you for your help!

Our USCIS journey:

Jan 14, 2006 - Married

Nov 11, 2009: I-130 package sent to Chicago Lockbox

Nov 18, 2009: Check cashed

Nov 20, 2009: I-130 NOA1

Dec 1, 2009: Touch

Feb 24, 2009: I-130 NOA2 mailed out

I'm also a November filer and wanted to update/put up my time line. However, I have a question and I know this may sound very basic but how can I find out when:

- my file has been 'touched'?

- when I get an NOA1 and NOA2 (besides snail mail since I'm not in the US currently). Is there a website where I can track this information and other information about my case in general?

I know my check has been cashed so am anxious to find out what happens next.

Thank you for your help!

The "touched" is from checking your status online. I have read where they dont always update the site that much. Well, since you didnt file the 1145 with your package you will have to wait until you get the snail mail hardcopy. Once you have that, go to www.uscis.gov (on the left side) and you can sign up for electronic updates. there is a link to check your case status. But you will need your case number.

Here is the full link to check your status once you get your case number: https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/Dashboard.do

For our Full timeline

event.png

Looks like you'll be with the NVC crowd soon! :dance: Congratulations. I'm not jealous. No, seriously. :innocent:

Yeah, my wife was really scared/excited today when i told her. She says it's mixed feelings right now. She said her heart was beating really fast when i told her. She has told me she is in no real rush, but she does want to be with me. I know she just dont want to go to alaska when it is so cold.

For our Full timeline

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Scott,

Thank you for your reply! A couple more questions for you or anyone who can answer/knows:

- are both the NOA1 and NOA2 snail mailed out or just the NOA2? For some reason I recall reading somewhere that only the NOA2 is sent/mailed out.

-is the case number on the first or the second NOA?

Thanks much!

Edited by Ashes

Our USCIS journey:

Jan 14, 2006 - Married

Nov 11, 2009: I-130 package sent to Chicago Lockbox

Nov 18, 2009: Check cashed

Nov 20, 2009: I-130 NOA1

Dec 1, 2009: Touch

Feb 24, 2009: I-130 NOA2 mailed out

They both are snail mailed out. the NOA1 will have your case number on it. The NOA2, from what i have read is your approval from the USCIS. then it gets moved to the NVC.

Which visa are you petitioning for?

For our Full timeline

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.