houserocker83

I-134 form - self employed sponsor?

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hi guys!

I have some questions about the I-134 form. My fiancee's dad will be my co-sponsor, since we both still study and don't have our own income yet.

Question 1:

Does my fiancee (who is the primary sponsor) has to fill out an I-134 form or just my fiancees dad (who is the co-sponsor)? My fiancee does not have any income.

Question 2:

My fiancee's dad is self-employed and makes about $100.000 per year. Is it enough when he provides a copy of his last income tax return or are any other documents required? He has also savings in his account and owns property. Can I just fill in on form I-134 for Question 7 the annual income or do I have to provide all information? I think the annual income in my case would be enough, just want to double check.

Question 3:

My fiancees dad got his U.S. citizen through naturalization. Is it enough if I write down his naturalization number on the I-134 form or do I have to provide any copies of specific documents like birth certificate and certificate of naturalization number?

Question 4:

Can I leave Question 11 on the I-134 form empty or write "K/A". Question 11: "I intend or do not intend (I can mark on of it) to make specific contributions to support of the person(s) named in item 3."

Question 5:

Are there any other important documents missing?

thanks for the help

Hi guys!

I have some questions about the I-134 form. My fiancee's dad will be my co-sponsor, since we both still study and don't have our own income yet.

Question 1:

Does my fiancee (who is the primary sponsor) has to fill out an I-134 form or just my fiancees dad (who is the co-sponsor)? My fiancee does not have any income.

Yes, the primary sponsor must fill out an I-134, as well as the co-sponsor. If she has no income, state such on the I-134. Regardless of whether she has income, provide last year's tax return if she filed, or a statement that she was not required to file because her income did not exceed the filing threshold.

Question 2:

My fiancee's dad is self-employed and makes about $100.000 per year. Is it enough when he provides a copy of his last income tax return or are any other documents required? He has also savings in his account and owns property. Can I just fill in on form I-134 for Question 7 the annual income or do I have to provide all information? I think the annual income in my case would be enough, just want to double check.

The tax information should be sufficient. If a sponsor qualifies on the basis of income alone, no asset information is needed.

Question 3:

My fiancees dad got his U.S. citizen through naturalization. Is it enough if I write down his naturalization number on the I-134 form or do I have to provide any copies of specific documents like birth certificate and certificate of naturalization number?

Write his certificate of naturalization number in the appropriate place on the form, and provide a copy of the certificate (or all pages of his US passport).

Question 4:

Can I leave Question 11 on the I-134 form empty or write "K/A". Question 11: "I intend or do not intend (I can mark on of it) to make specific contributions to support of the person(s) named in item 3."

Follow the example in the VJ guides: "N/A - K1 process for permanent residence"

Question 5:

Doesn't look like it!

thanks for the help

Edited by Stephen + Elisha

Improved USCIS Form G-325A (Biographic Information)

Form field input font changed to allow entry of dates in the specified format and to provide more space for addresses and employment history. This is the 6/12/09 version of the form; the current version is 8/8/11, but previous versions are accepted per the USCIS forms page.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Hi guys!

Question 1:

Does my fiancee (who is the primary sponsor) has to fill out an I-134 form or just my fiancees dad (who is the co-sponsor)? My fiancee does not have any income. Yes your fiance has to.

Question 2:

My fiancee's dad is self-employed and makes about $100.000 per year. Is it enough when he provides a copy of his last income tax return or are any other documents required? He has also savings in his account and owns property. Can I just fill in on form I-134 for Question 7 the annual income or do I have to provide all information? I think the annual income in my case would be enough, just want to double check. Yes you have to include all supporting evidence/documents they are REQUIRED.

Question 3:

My fiancees dad got his U.S. citizen through naturalization. Is it enough if I write down his naturalization number on the I-134 form or do I have to provide any copies of specific documents like birth certificate and certificate of naturalization number? Yes you have to submit evidence, just the number is not enough.

Question 4:

Can I leave Question 11 on the I-134 form empty or write "K/A". Question 11: "I intend or do not intend (I can mark on of it) to make specific contributions to support of the person(s) named in item 3." N/A bcause you live with him

Question 5:

thanks for the help

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: Timeline

Hi guys!

thanks for the fast answers!

Can you please help me with question 2 one more time. I got two different answers.

Question 2:

Thanks for the help!

Filed: Timeline
Hi guys!

Question 1:

Yes, the primary sponsor must fill out an I-134, as well as the co-sponsor. If she has no income, state such on the I-134. Regardless of whether she has income, provide last year's tax return if she filed, or a statement that she was not required to file because her income did not exceed the filing threshold.

Question 2:

The tax information should be sufficient. If a sponsor qualifies on the basis of income alone, no asset information is needed.

Question 3:

Write his certificate of naturalization number in the appropriate place on the form, and provide a copy of the certificate (or all pages of his US passport).

Question 4:

Question 5:

Doesn't look like it!

thanks for the help

Hi Stephen and Elisha!

my fiance posted some questions yesterday. Thanks for your fast answers. I didn't had any income last year. I will mention this on my I-134 form.

You wrote:

"Regardless of whether she has income, provide last year's tax return if she filed, or a statement that she was not required to file because her income did not exceed the filing threshold"

Do I write this down on a piece of paper and sign it? Or who should write this statement and sign it?

Hi Stephen and Elisha!

my fiance posted some questions yesterday. Thanks for your fast answers. I didn't had any income last year. I will mention this on my I-134 form.

You wrote:

"Regardless of whether she has income, provide last year's tax return if she filed, or a statement that she was not required to file because her income did not exceed the filing threshold"

Do I write this down on a piece of paper and sign it? Or who should write this statement and sign it?

Your fiancee, i.e., the sponsor completing the I-134, should provide this signed statement.

Improved USCIS Form G-325A (Biographic Information)

Form field input font changed to allow entry of dates in the specified format and to provide more space for addresses and employment history. This is the 6/12/09 version of the form; the current version is 8/8/11, but previous versions are accepted per the USCIS forms page.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Hi guys!

Question 1:

Question 2:

Question 3:

Question 4:

Question 5:

Doesn't look like it!

thanks for the help

A note for question 2 is that the income to be stated and considered for the self-employed comes from line 22 of the latest 1040 form.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Hi guys!

Question 1:

Question 2:

Question 3:

Question 4:

Question 5:

thanks for the help

1. Yes, your fiance fills one out, even with no income

2. Yes, in general, tax return with schedule C OR the best for self employed is three years tax transcripts, they are free. Now I will caution you on one thing, they use the fater's gross INCOME from his business, that which is reported on HIS tax retrun. They do NOT consider the revenue of the business as HIS income. Maybe he makes 100K, certainly many small businesses and self employed do...but many self employed confuse BUSINESS revenue with personal income, they look at personal income. Be sure he uses the amount of money claimed on line 22 of his income tax return, that is the number they use. He can also attach a bank letter to support his statement of current (present) income, this would, again, be his PERSONAL bank account, NOT the business bank account.

A business cannot sponsor an immigrant, only an individual can, they use individual income.

3. Provide copies of the documents or a copy of his US passport, all pages, even blank pages.

4. NA K-1 visa for permanent residency.

The fathers relations to you is "Father of petitioner"

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline
Hi guys!

Question 1:

Question 2:

Question 3:

Question 4:

Question 5:

Doesn't look like it!

thanks for the help

Hi Stephen and Elisha!

You wrote:

You do not need to write anything on the I-134 form, only his current income, if it is zero, write -0-. Job done. Your fiance will also need to attach last year's tax return, if he did not file a tax return last year because he had no income, then he needs to wirte a letter to THAT affect and attach to the I-134. he needs to reference the IRS code which exempts from him from filing a return. Check the IRS 1040 instructions. The person who is filling out the I-134 needs to write and sign this.

Gary And Alla

Timeline
Hi guys!

tanks for the fast response! can you also maybe help me with question no.7. I have problems to figure out the right income.

please refer to:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=227465

thanks for the help!

The I-134 is for ONE person and only ONE eprson's income should be stated. If that person filed a joint tax return with another person then the sponsor needs to state and demonstarte which portion of the joint total income from line 22 of the income tax return, is theirs and attach necessary documentation.

If the two people are married and the business is jointly owned, then each person's share of the income is 50% unless there is some documenting evidence to the contrary.

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.