Enigma11561

DOS calling the EX

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belarus
Timeline

I am in AP at the NVC. Today they called my cell looking for my ex wife. When I asked who was calling, they hung up. When I tried the number on my cell to call back, it said it was a non working number at DOS. My ex and I are on the same page , she knows what I am doing and am not concerned about her response. But they will never reach here (prolonging the process?) unless they have her cell phone number. Should I call them and give it to them, or just leave it alone?

Timeline
I am in AP at the NVC. Today they called my cell looking for my ex wife. When I asked who was calling, they hung up. When I tried the number on my cell to call back, it said it was a non working number at DOS. My ex and I are on the same page , she knows what I am doing and am not concerned about her response. But they will never reach here (prolonging the process?) unless they have her cell phone number. Should I call them and give it to them, or just leave it alone?

Mod. I just realised this should have posted in the NVC section. Can you move please? Thanks.

Mod. I just realised this should have posted in the NVC section. Can you move please? Thanks.

Done. :star:

This has been happening a fair bit recently, check the Stuck in AP @ NVC thread for other examples.

Improved USCIS Form G-325A (Biographic Information)

Form field input font changed to allow entry of dates in the specified format and to provide more space for addresses and employment history. This is the 6/12/09 version of the form; the current version is 8/8/11, but previous versions are accepted per the USCIS forms page.

Timeline

Done. :star:

This has been happening a fair bit recently, check the Stuck in AP @ NVC thread for other examples.

Hi Gary. Did a quick search on this but came up empty. If you are aware of a thread on this I would appreciate it.

Here's ScottThuy: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...t&p=3423917

And another one: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...t&p=3438700

There's apparently another reference around the beginning of October.

Oh, and I forgive you for calling me Gary. :lol:

Improved USCIS Form G-325A (Biographic Information)

Form field input font changed to allow entry of dates in the specified format and to provide more space for addresses and employment history. This is the 6/12/09 version of the form; the current version is 8/8/11, but previous versions are accepted per the USCIS forms page.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Now that is funny as heck.... :rofl:

They will likely either let the case out of AP/ approve it to be sent to the consulate, or try again.. they just did the same thing to another member and they called her twice trying the same thing... she got out of AP after the second call...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Here's ScottThuy: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...t&p=3423917

And another one: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...t&p=3438700

There's apparently another reference around the beginning of October.

Oh, and I forgive you for calling me Gary. :lol:

Me too! :lol:

No that we have that cleared up! There is no requirement to include address and phone number for your ex. Her not being at that number may have been all they were looking for, who knows?

If they need further information I am sure they will contact you.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have never heard of this before, It sounds weird.

Timeline

Stephen

Oooops. My bad. Sorry. :wacko: I promise not to be in such a rush next time.

As far as responses are concerned, the question was to call DOS and give them her correct number or leave it alone?

Timeline

leave it alone.. they can contact you if they need to... call NVC and ask if you are out of AP.. you should be out by now based on the call.. if not, they will probably call again and you will be out after the next call...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Timeline
leave it alone.. they can contact you if they need to... call NVC and ask if you are out of AP.. you should be out by now based on the call.. if not, they will probably call again and you will be out after the next call...

Hi Scott. Never got a second call. Been a few days now. And as of this morning, I'm still there. I will give it another few days and then try again. I will say that calling the DOS rather than the NVC is a far nicer experience.

Timeline

I am surprised they called so soon.. only a couple of weeks and they have been calling at the 4 week point.. I take this as they are moving faster than last month...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.