Fawaz

US Embassy In Jordan

11 posts in this topic

Hello Everyone,

I would like to Inquire about interviews date and scheduling at the USA embassy in jordan, How long do we have to wait until we get scheduled......my spouses case was completed OCT 9th 2009 and we still waiting, thanks in advance.

Hi! call NVC and talk to the operator to tell them that you still don't have an interview date, you should have by now. Goodluck!

May 20, 2009 - I-130 sent

Aug. 21, 2009 - I-130 APPROVED

Sept. 01, 2009 - NVC received & case# assigned

Oct. 19, 2009 - Log-in FAILED (YEPEE!!!!)

Oct. 20, 2009 - Case COMPLETE!!! (confirmed by the NVC operator)

Oct. 27, 2009 - Interview Date assign(By NVC operator)

Nov. 16-17, 2009 - Medical PASSED

Dec. 04, 2009 - INTERVIEW(APPROVED!!!)

Dec. 08, 2009 - Visa pick-up at the Embassy

Dec. 16, 2009 - CFO

Dec. 19, 2009 - My Flight - POE (JFK New York) via NWA

Thank you Lord for guiding me in this journey.

rakl65w7x.png

Hi,

My husband interviewed at the embassy in Amman. Our case was complete at NVC on April 8, 2009...we received the letter with our interview date by e-mail on April 24, 2009...my husband's interview was scheduled for June 15, 2009 & he received his visa a couple weeks later via Aramex and made it to the US late July.

Good Luck!

Amanda

Filed: Timeline

I did submit an expedite request for interview date to be scheduled last week and i called NVC today to check on it and they told me thatthey received the request and they are awaiting the US Embassy in jordan for a responed.

Anyone knows how long it takes to get that request approved from your previous experiance...Thanks to you all for the reply.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Amman is very helpful via email. You can always email them and ask if they ever take expedite requests from NVC for CR1 scheduling. They'll answer you in a few days.

oh, I just found it by visiting their site:

Appointments at Embassy Amman are given on a first come, first serve basis. Due to the heavy demand for appointments and the volume of requests to reschedule, the embassy does not have the capacity to accommodate such requests for earlier appointments

http://jordan.usembassy.gov/iv_frequently_..._questions.html

It looks like your chances are slim on an earlier appointment. good luck though, it wont hurt to have your USC spouse email them.

Edited by Y's_habibitk

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
NVC stated to me today that any communications in regard of the interview date it has to go through NVC and not directly to the Embassy?????

Thats true. But you arent asking them to schedule a date for you via email, you are just asking IF they ever do expedites...thats why i suggested it. They are very patient in answering general questions.

Edited by Y's_habibitk

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline
Hello Everyone,

I would like to Inquire about interviews date and scheduling at the USA embassy in jordan, How long do we have to wait until we get scheduled......my spouses case was completed OCT 9th 2009 and we still waiting, thanks in advance.

VJ is a website for general answers from members' experience but it's not a legal immigration website providing exact dates for interviews. No one knows for sure when the NVC will assign an interview date to your case. It's case to case bases. Keep calling NVC and listen to AVR to find out if interview has been scheduled for your case, but most likely you'll receive an e-mail in a day or two from NVC stating that an interview date has been assigned to you.

Do we know how long you'll have to wait until you get scheduled?....... No, we don't know for sure, just approximate of 1,5 -3 months :unsure::unsure::unsure:

I looked at the stats for Jordan for the past 1 year on VJ - average is 172 days after NOA2... or about 45-60 days after case complete. It's just approximate VJ stats according to other Jordan VJ members' timelines... Hope that helped you get an idea... Be patient :thumbs:

bulgaria_mwp.gifusa_mwp.gif

CSC USCIS ~CR-1 Visa~ Journey

2009-02-19 : I-130 package sent_________________2009-02-20 : I-130 Received in Chicago, IL

2009-02-27 : NOA1 Approved____________________2009-05-04 : NOA2 Approved

NVC ~CR-1 Visa~ Journey

2009-05-11 : NVC case # assigned

2009-05-19 : DS-3032/AOS Bill Generated__________2009-05-20 : DS-3032 e-mailed; AOS/I-864 Bill (paid online $70)

2009-05-26 : Sent In Completed I-864

2009-06-04 : e-mailed DS-3032 accepted by NVC____2009-06-04 : IV Fee bill generated, paid online $400

2009-06-08 : DS-230 mailed to NVC

2009-07-10 : Case complete - in 141 days

2009-07-21 : Interview expedite request e-mailed to NVC

2009-07-27 : NVC replied NO to expedite request

2009-07-29 : NVC e-mailed an interview date for Sept.15th

2009-08-07 : Case left NVC

2009-08-10 : DHL shipped file

2009-08-12 : Case received in USEM, Sofia

2009-08-24 : Medical scheduled

2009-08-25 : Interview re-scheduled

2009-08-28 : Visa in hand

2009-09-01 : US entry - Boston, MA

2009-09-15 : Welcome letter sent (21st Sept received)

2009-09-30 : GC production ordered

2009-10-08 : GC received

2010-02-01 : little D was born :)

VSC ~ROC~ Journey

2011-06-03 : mailed ROC package

2011-06-06: ROC NOA1

2011-07-08: Biometrics appointment

2012-02-25: GC Approval

2012-03-....: PGC received

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

NVC seems to be doing some December scheduleing this week... However, the official week for giving out December interviews is the 2nd week of the month (in this case, between Nov9 and Nov 13)

10/14/2000 - Met Aboard a Cruise ship

06/14/2003 - Married Savona Italy

I-130

03/21/2009 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

11-30-09: GOT GREEN CARD in mail!!!!!!

Citizenship Process;

1/11/2013: Mailed N400 to Dallas Texas

3/11/2013: interview.. Approved

4/4/2013. : Oath! Now a U.S. citizen!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
Hello Everyone,

I waited a month after our case was completed before we had an interview date. The NVC did tell me that they make the appointments the 2nd week of the month, but mine was made on the 3rd week of the month.

It took three months from the time that our case was completed at the NVC until the appointment...3 months and 3 days.

Waiting.....Waiting....waiting....waiting....and more waiting..........

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.