Heracles

Onlookers laugh during teen girl's gang rape

202 posts in this topic

Population - Murders by youths:

United States: 303 million (8,226 murders)

Germany + United Kingdom + Canada + Australia + France + New Zealand + Italy: 328 million (847 murders combined )

But hey, at least the US crime rates is declining right :lol:

Edited by Booyah!

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

edit: "are declining"

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Not to mention that there remains no really compelling evidence that violent videogames and movies leads to a more violent society.

It's a perennial scapegoat that is pulled out of the bag whenever something happens that cannot be explained - as if finding something external to pin the blame on is necessary to putting these things into context.

I've yet to understand what the benefit was served by the BBFC (British Board of Film Classification) cutting out the headbutts from the fight scenes in The Matrix or Spiderman 2, or exactly what the benefit was of the Australian body, for example, cutting out real world drug references from Fallout 3 (a mature rated video-game).

Censorship is bullshit.

There isn't any evidence? That's a first. But anyway, lets play along with in this Gene Hunt world. It's no coincidence that countries who have strict regulation (censorship) of violence and ####### tend to have much lower crime rates. You sit here and claim exposure to violence has no effect on kids yet how do you back that up? What percentage of kids throughout human history have had 24/7 on demand exposure to such graphic violence? Simple calculation 30 years of the last 10,000 years. Kids were exposed to war and so on in the past but at least the understood the consequences of war. Nonetheless, most other civilized countries are trying to reduce their crime rates rather than excuse it.

Censorship is not bullshit and works extremely well in a hell of a lot of countries that use it. The contrary to this approach is the US, where the crime rate speaks for itself.

Well first off - correlation is not causation.

Secondly, they show the exact same TV shows and movies in the UK, Germany (and everywhere else in Europe) that they do in the US - in fact the problem I have is that it only seems to work one way and most of the UK shows I like aren't aired in the US. They sell the same videogames too.

That being the case you want to tell me that censorship is effective?

How exactly does cutting out headbutts on the DVD release of The Matrix have a tangible effective on violent crime? I'd like to see you explain that - but you simply can't. You can't because its bullshit.

Secondly, they show the exact same TV shows and movies in the UK, Germany (and everywhere else in Europe) that they do in the US - in fact the problem I have is that it only seems to work one way and most of the UK shows I like aren't aired in the US. They sell the same videogames too.

How exactly does cutting out headbutts on the DVD release of The Matrix have a tangible effective on violent crime? I'd like to see you explain that - but you simply can't. You can't because its bullshit.

Rubbish, they do not have the same access. Not to mention, American films in non-English speaking nations are hardly the norm. We had a dedicated world movies channel in AUS, which obviously screened movies from all over the world. The ####### in our movies is not the norm in European flicks. They're more about sex. Just saying... Not to mention, films that are restricted there do not come unrestricted on DVD.

The Matrix is one thing but looking at new releases for the last few years, it's horror after horror after horror flick. You think such films have no effect on young kids? Well I know you don't but most normal people can see an issue. Hence, why there are restricted (censored) in numerous developed 'first world' nations. You clearly do not seem to grasp the concept of becoming desensitized.

I am waiting on your explanation regarding the huge differences in crime rates of youth between the US to the other handful of countries I combined. This throws the 'poor people behave the same' argument you made earlier straight out the window. Clearly they do not all act the same. Nothing alike actually.

Edited by Booyah!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
Danno, were the drunk girls you speak of willing paritcipants? Or were they held down kicking, screaming and crying no?

I thought we were talking about girls who had way to much to drink... and guys who lined up to take advantage (and pics).

Kinda hard to do any more than make a feeble protest in this situation.

This news story seemed to mimic this exact thing... except for the beating she received.. which suggests extreme depravity or she did resist by bitting / scratching which will piss off an attacker I would think.

HAs anyone heard an update if they've located any of the other trash who did this to her?

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Timeline

Rubbish, they do not have the same access. Not to mention, American films in non-English speaking nations are hardly the norm. We had a dedicated world movies channel in AUS, which obviously screened movies from all over the world. The ####### in our movies is not the norm in European flicks. They're more about sex. Just saying... Not to mention, films that are restricted there do not come unrestricted on DVD.

The Matrix is one thing but looking at new releases for the last few years, it's horror after horror after horror flick. You think such films have no effect on young kids? Well I know you don't but most normal people can see an issue. Hence, why there are restricted (censored) in numerous developed 'first world' nations. You clearly do not seem to grasp the concept of becoming desensitized.

I am waiting on your explanation regarding the huge differences in crime rates of youth between the US to the other handful of countries I combined. This throws the all poor people act the same argument you made earlier straight out the window. Clearly the don't all act the same.

It's not rubbish. They do have the same access - once again with few exceptions the exact same movies, TV shows, video games and music acts that are available here are all widely available outside of the US.

They don't have the same standards of classification, but those standards exist nonetheless so that you can't take a 5 year old into movie theatre to watch a Saw movie.

I am waiting on your explanation regarding the huge differences in crime rates of youth between the US to the other handful of countries I combined. This throws the all poor people act the same argument you made earlier straight out the window. Clearly the don't all act the same.

I think we've well established that you are wholly incapable of digesting a person's opinion and accurately comprehending what is said.

The above is a case in point.

Danno, were the drunk girls you speak of willing paritcipants? Or were they held down kicking, screaming and crying no?

I thought we were talking about girls who had way to much to drink... and guys who lined up to take advantage (and pics).

Kinda hard to do any more than make a feeble protest in this situation.

This news story seemed to mimic this exact thing... except for the beating she received.. which suggests extreme depravity or she did resist by bitting / scratching which will piss off an attacker I would think.

HAs anyone heard an update if they've located any of the other trash who did this to her?

The devil is in the detail. They also bashed here might I add, while others watched and took photos on their phones, yet did not even call the police.

I think we've well established that you are wholly incapable of digesting a person's opinion and accurately comprehending what is said.

Which point is that? Your like-minded bud Scandal posted one set of stats, I posted another, which proved my point. Furthermore, discredited his all things are rosy (aka not that bad) point.

Not to mention it discredited a point you made earlier that if you examine people in the same socioeconomic class around the world, the crime rates would be the same. Clearly they are not. While the stats did not factor in poverty, it's not hard to assume that poverty is not solely patented by (restricted to) the United States.

The following clearly illustrates a problem: No?

US youth murder rate: 1 every 36,843 people

Combined nations youth murder rate: 1 every 387,249 people

Edited by Booyah!

First alleged offender: Michael Ortega (interesting surname)

rodriquez.jpg

Edited by Booyah!

Timeline

Which point is that? Your like-minded bud Scandal posted one set of stats, I posted another, which proved my point. Furthermore, discredited his all things are rosy (aka not that bad) point.

Not to mention it discredited a point you made earlier that if you examine people in the same socioeconomic class around the world, the crime rates would be the same. Clearly they are not. While the stats did not factor in poverty, it's not hard to assume that poverty is not solely patented by (restricted to) the United States.

The following clearly illustrates a problem: No?

US youth murder rate: 1 every 36,843 people

Combined nations youth murder rate: 1 every 387,249 people

You're doing it again, BY. I didn't say the crime rates would be the same - I said that marginalised populations experience a lot of the same problems.

2nd alleged offender: Salvadore Rodriguez, 21 (name sounds Japanese)

Edited by Booyah!

You're doing it again, BY. I didn't say the crime rates would be the same - I said that marginalised populations experience a lot of the same problems.

Yet when it comes to myself, no matter what I write, I am apparently being racist. Basically it's a done deal. You on the other hand, it's always a "I didn't say".

Much in the same why not one of you has addressed the FBI link in my signature, once again you deliberately ignore the stats.

Edited by Booyah!

I have told you innumerable times that I disagree with your conclusions and interpretation of published statistics.

We all know you stance. :lol: When your buddies post, they are spot on. When someone you dislike posts, they are wrong. Danno could post today's date name and you will still argue with him.

Timeline
I have told you innumerable times that I disagree with your conclusions and interpretation of published statistics.

We all know you stance. :lol: When your buddies post, they are spot on. When someone you dislike posts, they are wrong. Danno could post today's date name and you will still argue with him.

BY, I'm not going to play this childish game with you. Grow the ** up and start behaving like an adult.