aidan80

I bought a car!

70 posts in this topic

Cool! Enjoy your new wheelz! And financing!

K-1

March 7, 2005: I-129F NOA1

September 20, 2005: K-1 Interview in London. Visa received shortly thereafter.

AOS

December 30, 2005: I-485 received by USCIS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Received 10-year green card February 28, 2008

Your Humble Advice Columnist, Joyce

Come check out the most happenin' thread on VJ: Dear Joyce

Click here to see me visiting with my homebodies.

[The grooviest signature you've ever seen is under construction!]

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
Cool! Enjoy your new wheelz! And financing!

LOL, I hate car payments, how many years to you have to pay it off? Just came from my Buick dealer, depressing, only three new Buicks for sale and nine used cars. Wonder how long they will stay in business.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Thanks again everyone yes the dealer wasn't up front about the financing part of it and he had to have known. There is always the slight chance they did get the ok then someone said oh, no we can't do that. Anyway now its passed the worry is over time to get used to the clutch again lol! I ended up taking a middle of the road type of payment I went for 48 months which keeps the payments very low plus gives a ton of time to build credit so next stop after this is paid is a house! :dance:

Here's a few pictures..

Sdc10142.jpg

Sdc10146.jpg

Filed N400 11/7/16

Check (CC) Cashed 11/10/16

Text/Email NOA 11/16/16

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

I like the color too, I'll have to tint the windows and keep some of that heat out. Last time I was in a Civic was in the mid 90's but am sure the new ones are nice, I've heard good things about them. I really like the inside it's massive in there compared to the other "compacts". This does not feel or drive like a small compact at all it feels bigger and well built. I can't even hear or feel the engine when it's running I have to check sometimes just to be sure I turned it on lol

Filed N400 11/7/16

Check (CC) Cashed 11/10/16

Text/Email NOA 11/16/16

Nice!

K-1

March 7, 2005: I-129F NOA1

September 20, 2005: K-1 Interview in London. Visa received shortly thereafter.

AOS

December 30, 2005: I-485 received by USCIS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Received 10-year green card February 28, 2008

Your Humble Advice Columnist, Joyce

Come check out the most happenin' thread on VJ: Dear Joyce

Click here to see me visiting with my homebodies.

[The grooviest signature you've ever seen is under construction!]

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

White is the best color, whether you like it or not, can be as much as a 80*F skin temperature between white and a darker color. For some odd reason, that dark green almost black color is the most popular color.

Also love a five speed, simple and basic, and gives you something to do. Whether you realize it or not, you are strapped in a seat, with essentially nothing to do, everything is made automatic, driving is getting to be pure boredom.

Todays automatics are electronic controlled, program for shifting the dang things resides in flashram, requires Vss, brake, and neutral safety switch wiring and cheapass switch contacts to work effectively. Don't know how many people that got ripped off with a rebuilt when they only had a dirty switch contact. Also that front seal is another PITA, if it leaks fluid, even only three quarts, you are dead meat, your car won't even move. Another disaster is the torque converter that while you get multiplication on takeoffs, generates a lot of heat, never find a vehicle that has sufficient AT fluid cooling, just a short tiny worthless tube stuck inside of a plastic radiator tank. Then they make you stick it in Park, where if someone hits your rear bumper, can do a lot of damage to your drivetrain that you will never know about. Park drops a pawl into gear teeth that locks your drivetrain, that's crazy.

Another thing about a five speed, can downshift to slow down, but bring the engine up to speed before releasing the cluth, this really increases brake life, all AT's tend to free wheel when releasing the gas. What I hate about them, is most are using hydraulic clutches now, claim they are self adjusting, where before, just had to open the hood and rotate a plastic knurled knob to get the correct clutch free play, maybe every 20K miles or so. If the hydraulics leak, again you are dead meat, and have to remove the transaxle to change what amounts to an O'ring, that is not convenience.