joseph22

California Senator's Office Info

26 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I am a resident of LA county...starting to get more than fed up with CSC's cryptic and poor English responses, and third party accounts of what the THINK the processing pipeline is. I am ready to contact my Senator directly to get them involved on our case as well.

Does anyone have an email or something for the local Senator in this area that would be a direct contact?

Supposedly we are in the final stages (NOA1 in mid March - RFE returned and varified - email from CSC stating that preliminary processing is done)...but I'm no longer willing to wait it out and dont want to accept their time buffering. I dont want them to think they have 'tided me over' for now thinking my NOA2 is coming any day, and then another 2 months pass.

Any information anyone could provide would be very much appreciated.

I know we all became very proactive when the RFE ordeal for IMBRA came up.

Perhaps we should keep at it and not think they desrerve a break there...!!!!

Sent in I-129F..................March 17th

NOA1 from CSC................March22

RFE recieved....................June 28th

RFE returned....................June 29th

RFE receipt by CSC ...........July 5th

Touched..........................July 26th

Touhced..........................July 27th

NOA2.............................July 31st...after 132 days!!!!!!!!!!!!

Packet 3 sent...................August 22nd

Medical...........................September 9th

Interview........................October 4th!!!!!!!

Timeline

Alot of us have already done that. The senators from Ca are Boxer and Feinstein. You can get their contact details by searching on their name.

Here is the link to find your congressman

Congressman

You will have to fill out some forms and then be assigned a case number unless you can prove you are an emergency case (trust me you arent). I strongly recommend you contact all three of them. Get you case on their desk. Tell them about your circumstances and the problems with CSC in general.

Both Boxer and Feinstein are getting alot of letters about the situation. Add yours to the growing pile!!! The more letters they get the more interest they take.

June 05 Lisa and I fall in love

15 Mar 06 I-129F received at CSC NOA1

5 Aug 06 NOA2 after 143 days in CSC purgatory

20 Oct 06 Interview Date

16 Feb 07 Denial Letter received

12 Mar 07 Motion to reconsider submitted

10 Sep 07 Motion to Reconsider denied

9 May 08 Lisa and Married in United Kingdom

23 May 08 I-130 filed

Oct 08 NOA-2 received

May 7 09 Lisa's Interview I 601 filed

29 Jul 09 I-601 waiver approved

18 Aug 09 Passport to London Embassy

20 Aug 09 Tickets purchased for 10 Sep 09

WE HAVE FINALLY WON, OUR LONG AND HARD JOURNEY IS COMPLETE!!!!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Your Congressman's office will likely be faster, since they represent roughly half a million people as opposed to the entire state, but I would contact all 3. It can't hurt!

SEE K-1 HISTORY IN MY TIMELINE

AOS / EAD / AP TIMELINE:

06/30/2006 - I-485, I-765 and I-131 sent to Chicago (via USPS Priority mail) (DAY 1)

07/02/2006 - package received in Chicago (delivery confirmed via USPS)

07/06/2006 - NOA 1 (DAY 7)

07/12/2006 - biometric appointment notice (DAY 13)

07/14/2006 - received biometric appointment notice via mail

07/25/2006 - interview notice (DAY 26)

07/26/2006 - biometrics taken (DAY 27)

07/28/2006 - received interview notice via mail

09/07/2006 - I-485 interview...APPROVED!!!...passport stamped (DAY 70)

09/12/2006 - I-131 approved (DAY 75)

09/13/2006 - received welcome letter via mail

09/15/2006 - I-765 approved (DAY 78)

09/16/2006 - received AP via mail

09/18/2006 - received conditional green card via mail

09/21/2006 - received EAD via mail

07/23/2008 - filed I-751 to lift conditional status

07/28/2008 - NOA 1

08/26/2008 - biometric appointment

12/03/2008 - I-751 approved

12/08/2008 - received 10-year green card via mail

09/07/2009 - eligible for U.S. citizenship!

flag13.gif

flag12.gif

Timeline

Thanks!!!!!!

I'm getting on it now!

Sent in I-129F..................March 17th

NOA1 from CSC................March22

RFE recieved....................June 28th

RFE returned....................June 29th

RFE receipt by CSC ...........July 5th

Touched..........................July 26th

Touhced..........................July 27th

NOA2.............................July 31st...after 132 days!!!!!!!!!!!!

Packet 3 sent...................August 22nd

Medical...........................September 9th

Interview........................October 4th!!!!!!!

I contacted mine after 6 months without an NOA2...one week later..POOF!!! approved!

May of, or may not of worked...

K1

September 15 - 2005: NOA1

October: Waiting

November: Waiting

December: In Security checks

January 2006: Waiting

February: Waiting..Contacted Congress

March 4th: APPROVED

March 17th: NVC posted file to London

March 20th: London Receives file

March 29th: Receive package 3

April 13th: London Receives package

April 19th: Medical - June 13th: INTERVIEW......APPROVED!!!!

June 20th: ARRIVE IN USA

Time taken for whole process 9 Months

~~~~~ * ~~~~~

AOS

October: 13th: Sent off AOS Package

November 3rd: NOA1

November 14th: Snail mail ~ NOA1 ~ Case moved to the CSC for faster processing.

November 14th : CSC has petition for me and my daughter.

December 14th: Biometrics completed.

January 17th: APPROVED AOS!

January 22nd: Green card arrives in the mail:))

Time taken for AOS - 3.5 Months

Finished for 2 years.

dev015pb___.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

I sent a letter to Dianne Feinstein about June 28th and have not gotten a response. I am sure that they have tons of letters so I am not that surprised. However, I think it would be best if you contacted your congressman as they have fewer constituents to worry about. Hmmm, maybe I should get on that now, although I think they should be reviewing my application pretty soon. My NOA1 is March 7 and the processing dates say March 3. Doesn't hurt to be proactive though right?

Alot of us have already done that. The senators from Ca are Boxer and Feinstein. You can get their contact details by searching on their name.

Congressman

You will have to fill out some forms and then be assigned a case number unless you can prove you are an emergency case (trust me you arent). I strongly recommend you contact all three of them. Get you case on their desk. Tell them about your circumstances and the problems with CSC in general.

Both Boxer and Feinstein are getting alot of letters about the situation. Add yours to the growing pile!!! The more letters they get the more interest they take.

Thanks for the site! I just called my representatives office and they are checking on it. It will either help, hurt or have absolutely no effect. We'll see!

Ahmari

[CLICK HERE] - MANILA EMBASSY K1 VISA GUIDE (Review Post #1)

[CLICK HERE] - VJ Acronyms and USCIS Form Definitions (A Handy Reference Tool)

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Information

4.2 National Visa Center (NVC) | (603) 334-0700 press 1, then 5....

4.3 Manila Embassy (Immigrant Visa Unit) | 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 or dial 0

4.4 Department of State | (202) 663-1225, press 1, press 0,

4.5 Document Verification | CLICK HERE

4.6 Visa Interview Appointments website | CLICK HERE

4.7 St. Lukes | 011-63-2-521-0020

5.1 DELBROS website | CLICK HERE

6.2 CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar | MANILA or CEBU

6.3 I-94 Arrival / Departure info | CLICK HERE

Adjustment of Status (AOS) Information

Please review the signature and story tab of my wife's profile, [Deputy Uling].

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

I sent a letter to Dianne Feinstein about June 28th and have not gotten a response. I am sure that they have tons of letters so I am not that surprised. However, I think it would be best if you contacted your congressman as they have fewer constituents to worry about. Hmmm, maybe I should get on that now, although I think they should be reviewing my application pretty soon. My NOA1 is March 7 and the processing dates say March 3. Doesn't hurt to be proactive though right?

Congressman

Thanks for the site! I just called my representatives office and they are checking on it. It will either help, hurt or have absolutely no effect. We'll see!

Ahmari

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

Timeline

MY NOA1 is 15 Mar. My letter went to both boxer and feinstein the week of the 3 July. Both offices have told me they will have case number for me this week and also are looking into why CSC is so far behind. Give them a call at their phone number for case workers which you can find at their site. They should be able to give you case number they have assigned and you can find out your status there. They told me that they would respond to me by snail mail when they got answer unless I kept calling.

AJH

bout the only thing your congressman will get is that you are still within the 90 to 180 processing time and everything is normal. and to call back in 30 days. You only have been on the waiting list for 2 months. The way to really get things moving it send letters to the case workers for immigration and have them open formal case.

June 05 Lisa and I fall in love

15 Mar 06 I-129F received at CSC NOA1

5 Aug 06 NOA2 after 143 days in CSC purgatory

20 Oct 06 Interview Date

16 Feb 07 Denial Letter received

12 Mar 07 Motion to reconsider submitted

10 Sep 07 Motion to Reconsider denied

9 May 08 Lisa and Married in United Kingdom

23 May 08 I-130 filed

Oct 08 NOA-2 received

May 7 09 Lisa's Interview I 601 filed

29 Jul 09 I-601 waiver approved

18 Aug 09 Passport to London Embassy

20 Aug 09 Tickets purchased for 10 Sep 09

WE HAVE FINALLY WON, OUR LONG AND HARD JOURNEY IS COMPLETE!!!!!!

Filed: Country: Belgium
Timeline

My NOA2 is March 24. I sent my RFE back on June 28, got the email receipt on July 3. Last touched July 5. Thinking of sending in a letter. Should I send in a letter or call? Also, do you have a copy of your letter I can use regarding the information I should put in?

Thanks,

Laura

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

In my experience, letters and emails are not the best way to do this especially since time is of the essence. For the fastest response, my suggestion is to go to your senator (or congressman's) website. Look for the link for "Constituent Services". Download the privacy release. Fill out the form with your case information, etc. Fax back to their office. Call to follow up and get the name and direct number of the person assigned. If one office doesn't respond or isn't helpful, go to another.

Good luck.

MY NOA1 is 15 Mar. My letter went to both boxer and feinstein the week of the 3 July. Both offices have told me they will have case number for me this week and also are looking into why CSC is so far behind. Give them a call at their phone number for case workers which you can find at their site. They should be able to give you case number they have assigned and you can find out your status there. They told me that they would respond to me by snail mail when they got answer unless I kept calling.

AJH

bout the only thing your congressman will get is that you are still within the 90 to 180 processing time and everything is normal. and to call back in 30 days. You only have been on the waiting list for 2 months. The way to really get things moving it send letters to the case workers for immigration and have them open formal case.

Have any suggestions/recommendation on how to get that done? Many thanks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

AJ - I agree - you may want to wait a bit longer until you really need them. There are just too many people ahead of you waiting for the senator's office to be able to get you any concrete information. But when you need them, here's how to do it: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;#entry317606

AJ - I agree - you may want to wait a bit longer until you really need them. There are just too many people ahead of you waiting for the senator's office to be able to get you any concrete information. But when you need them, here's how to do it: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;#entry317606

Thanks! I should at least let them know the plight of our situations and not my particular case cuz the faster CSC approves everyone else... the faster they will get to my case. That works out for everyone and you know that strength comes in volume. The larger the voice... the more likely we are to be heard.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.