Ashley and Cuong

Places to stay HCM

88 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

No need for a t00l...another good hotel is gia khanh in tan binh...it's 150,000VND/night--clean rooms, cold ac, "open late, even great"

Edited by lindal24

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

GENERAL INFO

[*]12-xx-2007 - 1st Trip (6wks) & Met him halfway around the world

[*]03-xx-2008 - Got engaged - two people on opposite sides of the world

[*]05-xx-2008 - 2nd Trip (2wks) - Engagement/Marriage/Consummation

[*]06-12-2008 - Filed I-130 (CR-1) with Vermont Service Center

[*]12-xx-2008 - 3rd Trip (4wks)

[*]06-05-2009 - Interview at 9:00am at HCMC Consulate (result: blue)

[*]07-08-2009 - Submitted RFE: Beneficiary's Relatives & Evidence of Relationship

[*]08-xx-2009 - 4th Trip (4wks)

[*]10-07-2009 - AP 91 days - Result: APPROVED!!

[*]10-31-2009 - POE: Detroit, MI

[*]11-18-2009 - Social Security Card

[*]11-20-2009 - Green Card

[*]01-21-2010 - Driver's License

THE NEXT STEPS...

[*]02/07/2011 - Renew Vietnam Passport

[*]07/30/2011 - Process of Removing Conditions Begins

[*]09/25/2011 - Date of I-751

[*]09/28/2011 - NOA1

[*]10/19/2011 - Biometrics

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
You are very wrong Linda, how the heck does me staying with my mother in-law have anything to do with someone wanting to know where to stay in HCMC, get off your dang high horse. This has nothing to do with the thread regardless of what you have to say, go post the same thing 4 or 5 times in a row on a pinned topic again. If you were not so arrogant, you would see your own answer to your own remarks. I am her protector, and they trust me to be alone with her. It is truly none of your damn business where I stay as well. I have money when I come to Vietnam, so I stay in a hotel, this way there is one less thing for her mother to do. regardless of how you feel, I could care less. Our privacy has more to do with love than getting our business on. Ignorant people would think that we only want privacy to get our business on, a person truly in love knows there is much more to love than that. Jerome

The topic of this post is Places to stay in HCM...this has everything to do with the topic of the thread. It probably doesn't have anything to do with the initial question, but anything that you post in this thread is fair game to "discuss".

If you cared less you wouldn't have posted a hostile comment on my post...like Dai TX said, this is something I feel is out of the norm...

And I wasn't being disrespectful about your privacy...most couples who want privacy usually want it for that reason...

It is not your fault that you started this or anything like that. It is that she wants to make accusations that we only want privacy to get our business on is down right insulting to me and I am sure to others. There are other things that are also needed to be taken in affect like the laws. We are not legally married so for me to register with the police to stay in her house one is not possible, but the hotels we stay at she knows, and they know that we are engaged so they allow us to stay together. I get tired of people that think they know every situation when they don't, and when my name or my personal life gets brought into it I will reply. I could care less when people say things just to blow smoke, but when my name and my relationship gets brought into it I take offense. I said her family wants us to stay, they also have the bamboo mats to sleep on, not a bed, and they respect our decision to stay in a hotel, not only for my comfort, but they realize when I am here I am also showing them that I am taking care of their daughter. It is customary for newly weds to live at the grooms parental home with the mom, this is so that the mom can see if the new wife can take care of her husband and vice versa. my trips are similar as they show that I can take care of my fiancée and that all is good in our relationship. But regardless of any of my explanations, this was totally off topic, however Scott and Jim did make some good points about registering with the local authorities out of this mess. Jerome

I'm not making accusations that you only want privacy for that reason, and I wasn't trying to insult you--at all. But if you are so all about the law and are so ethical about everything, why would you allow your fiancee to break the law and stay with you at the hotel?

You should care less when people say things just to blow smoke it only makes you look hot headed and I'm sure I'm not the only one who sees this...

I am first tim post to this place I cant believe some guy say things like this. You sure her family dont want nobody see you at the family house? I know some woman dont want US guy to know they have a man at home. You know husband from before wait for you to make everything ok for him to come living in the US..

I always stay at my wife family house. No problem. Something wrong when the family dont want you there.

Maybe it's the perspective of the people posting these. It seems like us Viet Kieus are all in line when we say it's not the norm to stay in a hotel if you're married. Now you can do what you want, it doesn't matter to us--it's you're life. We're just pointing out the fact that the norm in Vietnam is that if you're married to a VN national and they have residence there (as long as you register with the local authorities) one would typically stay at the in-law's/spouses' residence.

Just because he does not stay there does not mean that he is in a sham relationship... Go easy on the guy he is stressed from being in AP....
I don't think he's in a sham relationship at all. I truly believe that he loves Binh very much, and that he loves him. We're just pointing out the "norms"...

Take things into perspective...from all angles...

I have to post this for all of us vietkieu that are not rude like some here on visajourney, sorry that this is not what was asked, but I feel it my duty to shut her pie hole.

I am vietkieu, and I understand why jeromebinh would stay in hotel. I do not like to sleep on the floor, it is to hard on my back, Linda24 you give vietkieu a bad name, you make me ashamed to be vietkieu. Hotel pay police so that they do not harass the guests, when I go for visit we stay in hotel we sleep better on soft bed than hard floor. I do not think that jeromebinh is getting angry for no reason, if you did this to me I would say much worse to you. I think you are a con quy cai.

jeromebinh, do not pay her any mind she not bright and very rude. I also go through same thing you going through. I had Dam Hoi on second trip to vietnam and when I come home I file K1 visa. When my fiancee have interview all go well. They give us stupid blue for almost same thing you get for. She turn in and we wait almost 3 months and get visa. Just calm down, I like you do not like when people say things that not true, I just do not say things back like you do. But this timee I have to say something I hope you do not mind, but she is wrong and she not good person in my mind. Hang in there you will soon get visa. KienAnh.

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Seriously. You just joined today and you post this? That's not what a person who would join VJ would do on their very 1st post... Don't make it so obvious.... awww are you defending your husband.

Not defending my Fiance I did not post. Jerpome said what he wanted to say and needed to say. I dpo agree with what he called her though. Binh

小學教師 胡志明市,越南

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

:pop:

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Seriously. You just joined today and you post this? That's not what a person who would join VJ would do on their very 1st post... Don't make it so obvious.... awww are you defending your husband.

I am not anybodys wife I already have my wife with me I just come here as quest to see what people are still going through I have need no post but I see how Linda treating someone and I can not take it I also see how jeromebinh treat others which not good either but he not egg it on like she do ho chi minh is not the same as it was 2 years back when I go through this process many new requirements timeline still same but not as much ap and many many more pinks I just glad that my trip is over

and not have to go this route any longer

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Linda and Dai_tx, please stop baiting Jerome. Several people (including me) have posted in this thread that they also choose to stay in a hotel, even though they are welcome at their in-laws home, and that they have good reasons for making that choice. Whether this is an acceptable choice according to the "cultural norms" is for their family in VN to decide. If their family doesn't have a problem with it, then you shouldn't either. To carry on like you are makes it appear like you are just trying to pick a fight. Please let it rest.

If it makes you feel any better, I'll stay at my future mother-in-law's home next time I go to VN. Of course, the hotel is lot closer to Phuong's house than her mother's home on the coast. :blush:

Back on topic, I can recommend the Tam My hotel in the Tan Phu district (not too far from the airport). I'd say it's a high 2 star. It's new (only finished this year), so it's very clean. No breakfast, but you can get a banh mi and ca phe at the street market at the end of the block. Tell Men (the owner) that Anh Jim sent you. He'll definitely try to make you comfortable.

Khach San Tam My

19 Doc Lap

P. Tan Thanh

Q. Tan Phu

(08)38 107176

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Timeline

This is hilarious! All of a sudden folks coming out of the woodwork... hmmmm went through HCMC 2 years ago but feels the need to jump into this discussion out of the blue and only this one...

mui ca...... :pop:

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

This is hilarious! All of a sudden folks coming out of the woodwork... hmmmm went through HCMC 2 years ago but feels the need to jump into this discussion out of the blue and only this one...

I do not care what you smell, fish or cuc cuc my nose is plugged so I can not smell it

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I guess mui ca means fish? I do know what cuk means :whistle:

小學教師 胡志明市,越南

I guess mui ca means fish? I do know what cuk means :whistle:

yes and it is cuc can you not read? you no need post I catch flak for you so shut your pie hole to. You need to give john a break not all of us are masters of english. Kien Anh

Timeline
Linda and Dai_tx, please stop baiting Jerome. Several people (including me) have posted in this thread that they also choose to stay in a hotel, even though they are welcome at their in-laws home, and that they have good reasons for making that choice. Whether this is an acceptable choice according to the "cultural norms" is for their family in VN to decide. If their family doesn't have a problem with it, then you shouldn't either. To carry on like you are makes it appear like you are just trying to pick a fight. Please let it rest.

If it makes you feel any better, I'll stay at my future mother-in-law's home next time I go to VN. Of course, the hotel is lot closer to Phuong's house than her mother's home on the coast. :blush:

Back on topic, I can recommend the Tam My hotel in the Tan Phu district (not too far from the airport). I'd say it's a high 2 star. It's new (only finished this year), so it's very clean. No breakfast, but you can get a banh mi and ca phe at the street market at the end of the block. Tell Men (the owner) that Anh Jim sent you. He'll definitely try to make you comfortable.

Khach San Tam My

19 Doc Lap

P. Tan Thanh

Q. Tan Phu

(08)38 107176

Jim,

Do we get that same special rate that you get if we say you sent us? he he he...

I have to say when it comes to staying at a hotel, my staying at the hotel is doing Thuy's family a favor... I can snore really loud if I am really tired or was drinking... She recorded it on her phone one night and played it for her mother... scared the cr@p out of her... so if I slept at the family house, it is likely I would keep everyone else awake all night... they may not like me as much in the morning.

Its also not convenient to stay at the family home if I have meetings or lectures in the city.. the home is not close to Ha Noi where I am teaching.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Mostly, I stay with the family, if possible...even to the point of getting chewed by mosquitoes... HOWEVER,

There were times when I needed a hotel. This was mostly week nights when I required an internet connection (wifi, thankfully) to check business emails and such. Now that technology is catching up, I'm having the internet installed into my in-laws house so we can spend our time there, which we both would prefer (not for cost, but for closeness...if we are going to travel all the way to VN, why not go the extra few steps and actually stay with your family? but thats just my opinion) This said, I'm not talking about HCMC :wacko:

When we do get into the big city, we stay at a place called "Tan Dat My' around the corner from the amusement park, Dam Sen. Its about a 20 minute moto ride into the tourist quadrant, but really, this area is excellent! 400,000 is around what we paid for a premium room, the place is very clean and the staff is friendly. Another benefit is that a police station is directly across the street! PM me if you want the ph# or addy

Our K1 Timeline

03.11 - 4.10.2005 - Met on vacation in Vietnam

10.25 - 11.19.2005 - Returned to Vietnam & got engaged 11.1.05

12.29.2005 - I-129F Sent

01.04.2006 - I-129F NOA1/Receipt and Case Number

03.23.2006 - NOA2

04.05.2006 - Rec'd @ NVC

04.07.2006 - Left for HCMC

04.08.2006 - e-file in HCMC

05.10.2006 - HCMC sends out packet 3

06.02.2006 - Rec'd packet 3

06.05.2006 - sent forms back to HCMC

07.17.2006 - called and got Interview date

07.20.2006 - Rec'd packet 4

08.10.2006 - ***INTERVIEW*** - Blue slip

08.11.2006 - Went to embassy with add'l evidence - Green Slip

03.23.2007 - both of us interviewed and ....PASSED

03.24.2007 - Picked up VISA!!!!!

04.11.2007 - Got Married!

07.18.2007 - Mailed AOS paperwork

08.28.2007 - RFE

09.18.2007 - Mailed back add'l paperwork

10.12.2007 - EAD card issued

11.14.2007 - notified by phone of Interview in 2 days!

11.16.2007 - INTERVIEW (RFE given for add'l evidences..again!)

12.06.2007 - Dropped off evidences at USCIS office

12.18.2007 - I485 Card Production Ordered

12.29.2007 - Card Rec'd!!!

11.19.2009 - I-751 filed for lifting conditions

11.20.2009 - Issued NOA

01.22.2010 - photo and fingerprints

02.03.2010 - lifting conditions APPROVED!!

02.09.2010 - card rec'd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

??????????? - All of our lives together to figure out the rest ;)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.