Wyatt's Torch

Electronic Processing

420 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

kaya541 - that's excellent news. I'm glad that talking to a supervisor worked for you - I had suggested it earlier.

I swear to God - somethings changed up with SERCO contractors that handle NVC EP these last 3 to 4 weeks.

It's caused a lag....

Going forth, if you stay glued to the online payment portal - that will be yer best indication for 'what to send next'.

Here's my wiki entry on NVC Electronic Processing - http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Electronic_Processing

as Wyatt says - it is a bit China-centric :(

But, IMO, Wyatt fleshed out most of the actual process - I took what he had wrote about, heterodyned against LingChe's Shortcuts for NVC Processing, and came up with 'that' beast.

Hang in there !!!! and Good Luck !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

I sent off the "OPTIN" e-mail with the ds 3032 attached in pdf form like the NVC website states. 2 hours later or so, i got the automated responce back. Meanwhile..my AOS bill took one day to show "PAID"

I have everything in PDF format, and ready to roll..once the e-mail comes back.

Hey Fireray, we are just slightly behind you guys ie waiting for NVC casenumber and file to be sent to NVC; after that it'll be the OPTIN and hit the ground running. Given what people are posting about the overhaul at NVC's EP program, can you post your steps after you complete them and advise accordingly? Sounds like it's gone smooth for you guys right now and likely will....but

Thanks.

2007 Nov 30: Met in Las Vegas, Nevada

2009 Jul 13: Proposed/Engaged in Sedona, Arizona

2009 Dec 26: Married in Tucson, Arizona

USCIS

2009 Dec 30: Filed I-130

2010 Jan 02: I-130 delivered

2010 Jan 07: NOA1 - email - CSC

2010 Jan 11: Received NOA1 hardcopy

2010 Mar 24: NOA2 - email & text - NVC

2010 Mar 29: Received NOA2 hardcopy

I-130 was approved in 76 days from NOA1 date

NVC

2010 Mar 30: NVC received - case# assigned - emails given to NVC

2010 Mar 30: Opted in - DS3032 emailed to NVC

2010 Mar 31: Received AOS bill & DS3032 - paid AOS

2010 Apr 05: Online payment portal confirms paid AOS(Apr 2 processing date)

2010 Apr 05: Sent I-864 package

2010 Apr 15: EP confirmation email

2010 Apr 15: IV bill generated & paid

2010 Apr 15: Email confirmation - receipt of DS3032

2010 Apr 16: IV bill confirmed paid - sent DS230 package

2010 Apr 19: NVC operator confirms I864 & DS230 documents have been received

2010 Apr 21: AVR confirms all documents received Apr 19th

2010 Apr 23: Email from NVC: case complete - confirmed by NVC - sign in fail

Completed in 24 days

CONSULATE

2010 May 27: Email from NVC - consulate received file - interview Montreal Jul 27th

2010 Jun 16: Medical @ Woking Medical Centre, Vancouver, Canada - APPROVED

2010 Jul 27: Interview @ US Consulate in Montreal, Canada - APPROVED

Your interview took 201 days from your I-130 NOA1 date

2010 Aug 13:POE Washington - APPROVED

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

2012 May 14 - mailed I-751

2012 May 16 - delivered @ CSC

2012 Jun 18 - I 551 stamp

2012 Jun 28 - biometrics appointment NOA notice date Jun 7

2012 Dec 20 - approved

Quick question.. want to make sure I'm on the right track.

We are just starting the EP process, received case number last week on Tuesday via NVC and gave operators our emails stating we'd like receive forms by email. Next day (Wednesday) I call NVC and system says that DS-3032 has been sent to beneficiary and the I-864 package to me via snail mail. The next day, Thursday, I sent the OPTIN email with signed attached DS-3032. I haven't heard anything back except the automated email response.

So I'm wondering if we should have gotten the DS-3032/I-864 packages via email instead? Should I wait or try and contact an operator at the NVC? What should we do when we receive the packages in the mail?

Thanks!

Removal of Conditions Journey:

2012 May 4 - mailed I-751

2012 May 8 - delivered @ CSC

2012 May 18 - NOA1

2012 Jun 15 - biometrics appointment

2012 Dec 12 - I-751 approved

2012 Dec 20 - Received 10-year GC!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We sent in our OPTIN and DS-3032 before receiving the packages in the mail as well. No, you didn't need to wait. As long as you got the auto-response back you are fine! And it may take up to two weeks to get the OPTIN approval - ours did, but some are much faster.

Next step I believe, is logging on to the NVC site and the online payment portal to watch for your AOS $70 bill to be ready to pay. http://travel.state.gov/visa/visa_4354.html You will need your case # and IIN number to log in.

Edited by kaya541

Timeline

We sent in our OPTIN and DS-3032 before receiving the packages in the mail as well. No, you didn't need to wait. As long as you got the auto-response back you are fine! And it may take up to two weeks to get the OPTIN approval - ours did, but some are much faster.

Next step I believe, is logging on to the NVC site and the online payment portal to watch for your AOS $70 bill to be ready to pay. http://travel.state.gov/visa/visa_4354.html You will need your case # and IIN number to log in.

Hmmm I got my ds3032 package via email just a day or two after I gave them my email addresses, However i never got an auto response.

They accepted my Optin email and ds3032 8 days later. Optin email response came first then the next day NVC AVR updated to Nvc has received your ds3032 choice of agent form, blah blah lol. You might want to call nvc and see whats going on with your aos bill? as you will need the aos fee bill as it has your IIN number on it :)

Good Luck

~~~Marriage : 2009-07-10~~~

~~~I-130 Sent : 2009-11-24~~~

~~~ Medical : 2010-09-28~~~ ~~~ MTL Interview : 2010-10-20~~~ ~~~ APPROVED~~~

~~~POE Date :2010-10-31~~~ ~~~Received SSN's 2010-11-08~~

~~~Welcome Letter/Notice Receipt :2010-11-30~~~ ~~~Received Our Green Cards 2010-12-06~~~

~~~ ROC :2012-08-20~~~ ~~~NOA1 :2012-08-28~~~ ~~~BIO :2012-09-25~~~~

age.png

age.png

event.png

~~~Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.~~~

Hmmm I got my ds3032 package via email just a day or two after I gave them my email addresses, However i never got an auto response.

They accepted my Optin email and ds3032 8 days later. Optin email response came first then the next day NVC AVR updated to Nvc has received your ds3032 choice of agent form, blah blah lol. You might want to call nvc and see whats going on with your aos bill? as you will need the aos fee bill as it has your IIN number on it :)

Good Luck

Thanks for the responses! I think I'll wait a day or two and see what happens. Can you call NVC and get a IIN number for paying the AOS invoice?

Edited by bwoo

2012 May 18 - NOA1

Timeline

Hi guys...I am in the midst of the EP....We have sent them everything including the I-864...when am I supposed to send in the ds-230?? Has anyone gotten to this point yet. Will they send me a cover page for that? Do I send it in right away with the IV cover page from before? Or do I wait until they get in touch with me and give me the OK??

Anyone...Anyone...Bueller....Bueller? :help:

Timeline

I finally got our NVC case number over the phone today. Printed the DS-3032 form, signed and rescanned into PDF file. Just sent out the OPTIN email to NVCElectronic@state.gov a few minutes ago.

Hopefully the automatic reply will arrive soon and a link to pay the I-864 bill...

Hi guys...I am in the midst of the EP....We have sent them everything including the I-864...when am I supposed to send in the ds-230?? Has anyone gotten to this point yet. Will they send me a cover page for that? Do I send it in right away with the IV cover page from before? Or do I wait until they get in touch with me and give me the OK??

From what I understood, you can send in the DS-230 form and the required documents once your IV bill shows paid.

Correct me anyone if I'm wrong!!

USCIS

2010-01-20: I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

2010-01-27: I-130 NOA 1

2010-03-24: I-130 NOA 2 (e-mail)

I-130 was approved in 56 days from NOA1 date.

NVC

2010-03-30: NVC case number assigned

2010-03-31: Sent OPTIN e-mail and DS-3032

2010-04-02: Received DS-3032 & AOS Fee Bill (e-mail)

2010-04-03: Paid AOS Fee online

2010-04-15: Received EP confirmation e-mail

2010-04-27: Sent I-864 package by e-mail

2010-04-27: Paid IV Fee Bill

2010-04-29: Sent DS-230 package by e-mail

2010-05-06: Received RFE for I-864 and self-employment letter

2010-05-08: Resent corrected I-864 and self-employment letter

2010-05-19: Received e-mail from NVC: case complete

Consulate

2010-09-24: Medical examination in Montreal

2010-10-26: Interview- Approved

Timeline

Monitor the payment portal.

When the IV bill is available to be paid, pay it.

After the receipt notice is available for printing (about 1 to 3 days later)

then send off the DS-230 with the COVERSHEET (also in the portal). I recommend adding the payment receipt to the email, but it's not necessary.

Good Luck !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

I sent off the "OPTIN" e-mail with the ds 3032 attached in pdf form like the NVC website states. 2 hours later or so, i got the automated responce back. Meanwhile..my AOS bill took one day to show "PAID"

I have everything in PDF format, and ready to roll..once the e-mail comes back.

I wouldn't wait on any email to come back.

If you are paying electronically on the payment portal - you are

GOOD TO GO, to send in something, when a receipt is generated.

So, if you have the AOS receipt there on the payment portal, it's a mark of NVC accepting the payment.

Once the payment has been accepted, you should send in the I-864 set.

Really, one is to 'push' this stuff - no 'waiting' on NVC for anything (except payment receipts).

Edited by Darnell

Timeline

Quick question.. want to make sure I'm on the right track.

We are just starting the EP process, received case number last week on Tuesday via NVC and gave operators our emails stating we'd like receive forms by email. Next day (Wednesday) I call NVC and system says that DS-3032 has been sent to beneficiary and the I-864 package to me via snail mail. The next day, Thursday, I sent the OPTIN email with signed attached DS-3032. I haven't heard anything back except the automated email response.

So I'm wondering if we should have gotten the DS-3032/I-864 packages via email instead? Should I wait or try and contact an operator at the NVC? What should we do when we receive the packages in the mail?

Thanks!

you said the magic phrase 'send me forms'

ack.

grrrr

USUALLY, it's enough to give the NVC Tele-operator yer email addresses, then there is a 'ds-3032 kit' emailed to the two of you.

re-read the wiki page - you've got the nvc staff off on a tangent, currently, you'll need to rework with them, a bit. Don't wait on an I-864 to be sent to you via email - it just won't happen. There are links in the wiki page about which forms to download. Please use those links. If you can't see the wiki page - check my profile - the links are in there, on the right column.

Remember - that opt in email is supposed to have a BODY and SUBJECT line as well (recheck that, in case ya didn't do it in the exact format).

For the 'best-est' speed, if you are PUSHING things because of 'receipt notices' at the online payment portal, then you are good.

Good Luck !

Edited by Darnell

you said the magic phrase 'send me forms'

ack.

grrrr

USUALLY, it's enough to give the NVC Tele-operator yer email addresses, then there is a 'ds-3032 kit' emailed to the two of you.

re-read the wiki page - you've got the nvc staff off on a tangent, currently, you'll need to rework with them, a bit. Don't wait on an I-864 to be sent to you via email - it just won't happen. There are links in the wiki page about which forms to download. Please use those links. If you can't see the wiki page - check my profile - the links are in there, on the right column.

Remember - that opt in email is supposed to have a BODY and SUBJECT line as well (recheck that, in case ya didn't do it in the exact format).

For the 'best-est' speed, if you are PUSHING things because of 'receipt notices' at the online payment portal, then you are good.

Good Luck !

Thanks Darnell. NVC AVR says they have "sent the DS-3032 and AOS bill" but we haven't received it by email or regular mail yet. Opt In Email was in correct format with Body and Subject line (OPTIN MTL2010######) with attached signed DS-3032.pdf to correct email (NVCElectronic@). It's only been a week since the OPTIN email was sent so they might not have gotten to it yet.

I've seen your wiki page, thanks for your work on it. I tried to follow it.. I have the forms and all just waiting on my IIN so I can start paying bills.

I think I will call them today and try to figure out what's going on..

Edited by bwoo

2012 May 18 - NOA1

Timeline

Thanks Darnell. NVC AVR says they have "sent the DS-3032 and AOS bill" but we haven't received it by email or regular mail yet. Opt In Email was in correct format with Body and Subject line (OPTIN MTL2010######) with attached signed DS-3032.pdf to correct email (NVCElectronic@). It's only been a week since the OPTIN email was sent so they might not have gotten to it yet.

I've seen your wiki page, thanks for your work on it. I tried to follow it.. I have the forms and all just waiting on my IIN so I can start paying bills.

You will get that email soon, think it takes a few days for them to send it. as i believe mine took 5 days.

Call if you wish maybe it will speed it up :P

~~~Marriage : 2009-07-10~~~

~~~I-130 Sent : 2009-11-24~~~

~~~ Medical : 2010-09-28~~~ ~~~ MTL Interview : 2010-10-20~~~ ~~~ APPROVED~~~

~~~POE Date :2010-10-31~~~ ~~~Received SSN's 2010-11-08~~

~~~Welcome Letter/Notice Receipt :2010-11-30~~~ ~~~Received Our Green Cards 2010-12-06~~~

~~~ ROC :2012-08-20~~~ ~~~NOA1 :2012-08-28~~~ ~~~BIO :2012-09-25~~~~

age.png

age.png

event.png

~~~Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.~~~

I want to share my experience thus far with EP. We got NOA2 March 24th and in four business days ( 6 calender days) it was received at NVC and we obtained our NVC case number (Mar 30th). I sent in the OPTIN email plus the .pdf DS3032 and got an autoreply saying it would/could take 10 days etc. I expected a few days. Yesterday I hop a flight to the USA and didn't check email until late last night. I check and find that NVC has acknowledged our case and even sent out our AOS bill (Mar 31) !! So we paid it and got all our electronic documents organized and ready to go.

That was unbelievably quick !!! That may indicate that things are moving along with NVC - or that I just got incredibly lucky.

But that really caught me off guard - so there is hope for speedy processing through NVC.

So far, the bill is still at the 'in process' stage - we did get an odd email advising that the principal applicant (me)'s name could not be found. But when we check the online system it shows both of in there. I can also log in as the principal applicant - must be a glitch in their system or maybe that's what it'll say until the bill is shown as paid. Hopefully that's today given that we lose a day to Good Friday. Mind you, Easter Monday isn't recognized as a stat holiday here in the USA so that should give us a day next week.

Anyway, that is the story thus far. No way could we have moved this quickly had we sent this USPS.

Good luck all.

2007 Nov 30: Met in Las Vegas, Nevada

2009 Jul 13: Proposed/Engaged in Sedona, Arizona

2009 Dec 26: Married in Tucson, Arizona

USCIS

2009 Dec 30: Filed I-130

2010 Jan 02: I-130 delivered

2010 Jan 07: NOA1 - email - CSC

2010 Jan 11: Received NOA1 hardcopy

2010 Mar 24: NOA2 - email & text - NVC

2010 Mar 29: Received NOA2 hardcopy

I-130 was approved in 76 days from NOA1 date

NVC

2010 Mar 30: NVC received - case# assigned - emails given to NVC

2010 Mar 30: Opted in - DS3032 emailed to NVC

2010 Mar 31: Received AOS bill & DS3032 - paid AOS

2010 Apr 05: Online payment portal confirms paid AOS(Apr 2 processing date)

2010 Apr 05: Sent I-864 package

2010 Apr 15: EP confirmation email

2010 Apr 15: IV bill generated & paid

2010 Apr 15: Email confirmation - receipt of DS3032

2010 Apr 16: IV bill confirmed paid - sent DS230 package

2010 Apr 19: NVC operator confirms I864 & DS230 documents have been received

2010 Apr 21: AVR confirms all documents received Apr 19th

2010 Apr 23: Email from NVC: case complete - confirmed by NVC - sign in fail

Completed in 24 days

CONSULATE

2010 May 27: Email from NVC - consulate received file - interview Montreal Jul 27th

2010 Jun 16: Medical @ Woking Medical Centre, Vancouver, Canada - APPROVED

2010 Jul 27: Interview @ US Consulate in Montreal, Canada - APPROVED

Your interview took 201 days from your I-130 NOA1 date

2010 Aug 13:POE Washington - APPROVED

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

2012 May 14 - mailed I-751

2012 May 16 - delivered @ CSC

2012 Jun 18 - I 551 stamp

2012 Jun 28 - biometrics appointment NOA notice date Jun 7

2012 Dec 20 - approved

Timeline

I'm concerned that you did not receive an AOS fee bill in a 'DS-3032 kit' email.

You need the IIN number to pay AOS online. The AOS fee bill , in 'that' email, contains the IIN number.

There's some 'timing' on this - I think the IIN was not ready, not generated, by the time you called NVC and talked to a human. I could be wrong, of course.

My rule-of-thumb is 'wait 2 weeks from NOA-2 date' but others have success not waiting those two weeks.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.