utopia2004

Proof of FIRST day meeting in person

7 posts in this topic

Hi,

As long as you have evidence of an on going relationship, how important is the first day you met? I read the USCIS requires a couple to have met in person at least ONCE in the past two years (is that correct?).. we will have evidence of meeting up many more times than that.

I met my boyfriend the first time on a beach, the same day as my flight back to the UK. So i don't have any other evidence of us meeting than that. I have other evidence since then (on future visits) that shows we were in the same town at the same time and i have invoices from where we stayed (although not official as written by subletters). My finance was unemployed and didn't have a bank card so doesn't have much evidence of purchases, expect a GR (general assistance card) and i have purchase evidence in the same area. Also i have a purchase for a flight in his name.

We don't plan to file for a while so we have plenty of time to gather more evidence, But how important is the first day you met?

also how important is it that he meets my family?, i will meet his next time im there.

Thanks

mailed i130: 05-05-2011

NOA1 date: 05-11-2011

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Hi,

As long as you have evidence of an on going relationship, how important is the first day you met? I read the USCIS requires a couple to have met in person at least ONCE in the past two years (is that correct?).. we will have evidence of meeting up many more times than that.

I met my boyfriend the first time on a beach, the same day as my flight back to the UK. So i don't have any other evidence of us meeting than that. I have other evidence since then (on future visits) that shows we were in the same town at the same time and i have invoices from where we stayed (although not official as written by subletters). My finance was unemployed and didn't have a bank card so doesn't have much evidence of purchases, expect a GR (general assistance card) and i have purchase evidence in the same area. Also i have a purchase for a flight in his name.

We don't plan to file for a while so we have plenty of time to gather more evidence, But how important is the first day you met?

also how important is it that he meets my family?, i will meet his next time im there.

Thanks

Don't confuse departments and requirements.

USCIS, for the petition, requires tha you have met at least one time in the past two years to qualify to petition a K-1 visa. USCIS does not issue visas. They approve petitions. You need to prove that you have met this person at least one time in the last two years. There is nothing requiring it be the FIRST time you met, or the last time you met or any particular time you met. Read carefully, interoret literally. Prove tha you have met in person within the last two years. One time, 10 times, first time, last time, the third time, the 6th time...it does not matter. If you have been metting up with your fiancee for 26 years now, every other month, and he just left yesterday, you can send evidence of that meeting and the petition will be approved and there is no need to even mention you have met him more than 100 times in the last 26 years...they do not care. You met him once? Yes. Prove it.

USCIS does not care if he ever meets your family or even if you have a family. There is no requirement for this.

The State Department (NVC and consulates) approve VISA applications which your fiancee will make. The USC does not make a visa application, the foreign fiancee does that at the consulate. The consulates have varying degrees of what they require for proof of a bona fide relationship. This is when you present all the other stuff.

Depending on the consulate they MAY care if he meets your family or you meet his. In some countries a visa would probably be denied if you had not met his family and did not have a elaborate engagement ceremony, in most they really couldn't care less. You are adults and "free to marry" they do not care if Mommy and Daddy approve, they have nothing to say in the matter.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

If you met, you met as stated, keep all this you have showing the travel, pictures, etc and depending on the NORM for the area you are going thru. Like in Morocco it would be NOT normal for the other person to NOT meet the family as family thoughts are usually considered highly. I think it would be highly unusual for a Moroccan man to marry someone the family did not like. But if you said you will meet soon that should be fine as often everything doesnt happen the first visit, just keep the evidences from each trip, enjoy and get to know him and family better

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Hi,

Thanks

Don't confuse departments and requirements.

USCIS, for the petition, requires tha you have met at least one time in the past two years to qualify to petition a K-1 visa. USCIS does not issue visas. They approve petitions. You need to prove that you have met this person at least one time in the last two years. There is nothing requiring it be the FIRST time you met, or the last time you met or any particular time you met. Read carefully, interoret literally. Prove tha you have met in person within the last two years. One time, 10 times, first time, last time, the third time, the 6th time...it does not matter. If you have been metting up with your fiancee for 26 years now, every other month, and he just left yesterday, you can send evidence of that meeting and the petition will be approved and there is no need to even mention you have met him more than 100 times in the last 26 years...they do not care. You met him once? Yes. Prove it.

USCIS does not care if he ever meets your family or even if you have a family. There is no requirement for this.

The State Department (NVC and consulates) approve VISA applications which your fiancee will make. The USC does not make a visa application, the foreign fiancee does that at the consulate. The consulates have varying degrees of what they require for proof of a bona fide relationship. This is when you present all the other stuff.

Depending on the consulate they MAY care if he meets your family or you meet his. In some countries a visa would probably be denied if you had not met his family and did not have a elaborate engagement ceremony, in most they really couldn't care less. You are adults and "free to marry" they do not care if Mommy and Daddy approve, they have nothing to say in the matter.

Excellent Post...........

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

Ok great thanks. I think im worrying about this far to much, we have time, its a long term plan. I have some pictures of us on that day.

mailed i130: 05-05-2011

NOA1 date: 05-11-2011

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Ok great thanks. I think im worrying about this far to much, we have time, its a long term plan. I have some pictures of us on that day.

It just seems obligatory in the light of Gary's excellent reply that I take it upon myself to point out what everybody else is ignoring. Just make sure your UK fiance doesn't find out about the boyfriend you met on the beach. References to boyfriends tend to mess up the fiance visa process both with the fiance and the US government agencies. There are no "boyfriend visas". :thumbs::devil:

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

It just seems obligatory in the light of Gary's excellent reply that I take it upon myself to point out what everybody else is ignoring. Just make sure your UK fiance doesn't find out about the boyfriend you met on the beach. References to boyfriends tend to mess up the fiance visa process both with the fiance and the US government agencies. There are no "boyfriend visas". :thumbs::devil:

:lol:

I missed the reference that time. I always have the same thought. DO NOT let the fiancee find out about the boyfriend! :lol:

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.