D_G

DS-156 form

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Can anyone help? I'm having such difficulty trying to figure things out. We received the NOA2 and were directed to the London Embassy web site where it lists the next lot of forms to be completed -

DS-230 Part 1 (PDF)

IV-15 & Checklist

Form DS-156

Form DS-157

Form DS-156-K

- the DS-156 link does not seem to be working correctly....

I get directed to this page http://evisaforms.state.gov/ and then get an error message(i'm using a mac laptop). At the bottom of the page it list e-forms that can be completed but non of the questions seem to correspond to my application.

_frustrated and freaking out_ :S

'Love - Life - Loyalty'

I've never really hear of many folks having issues with the electronic DS-156 - it sounds frustrating though, since it could be OS/Browser/Adobe Reader related issues...

I'm using Firefox, and I get an error message saying that my browser doesn't meet the minimum requirements and that my version of Adobe doesn't meet the minimum requirements. Is this the error message you get? For me, the error message doesn't see to impact my ability to fill out the form. Click on the DS-156 link, it might end up being OK! Otherwise, try updating your version of Adobe or switching browers? (Not sure what Mac users browse with, unfortunately!)

Our naturalization timeline
1/12/2015 - Application sent to Phoenix service center by USPS priority mail

1/14/2015 - Package received in Phoenix

1/16/2015 - NOA date (hard copy received 1/22)

1/20/2015 - Check cashed

2/09/2015 - Biometrics

2/11/2015 - In line for interview

3/28/2015 - Hard copy interview notice received

4/29/2015 - Interview at Chicago field office - Approved!!!

5/22/2015 - Oath ceremony - Now a US citizen!!!!!!

Thank you, VisaJourney!!!!!

"Contrary to what the cynics say, distance is not for the fearful, it is for the bold. It's for those who are willing to spend a lot of time alone in exchange for a little time with the one they love... It's for those knowing a good thing when they see it, even if they don't see it nearly enough..."- Anonymous

an1cHsK0g000610MTNsc3wxMDAwOTk4c2F8V2Uga

Can anyone help? I'm having such difficulty trying to figure things out. We received the NOA2 and were directed to the London Embassy web site where it lists the next lot of forms to be completed -

DS-230 Part 1 (PDF)

IV-15 & Checklist

Form DS-156

Form DS-157

Form DS-156-K

- the DS-156 link does not seem to be working correctly....

I get directed to this page http://evisaforms.state.gov/ and then get an error message(i'm using a mac laptop). At the bottom of the page it list e-forms that can be completed but non of the questions seem to correspond to my application.

_frustrated and freaking out_ :S

Its made to be used with Microsofts browser it seems but if you are using Firefox just click the link to the DS156 link and it will load and you can still fill the form out.

Mailed n-400 : 4-3-14

USCIS Received : 4-4-14

NOA1 Sent : 4-8-14

Biometrics Appt Letter Sent : 4-14-14

Biometrics Appt : 5-5-14

usaflag.gifphilippinesflag.gif

Poverty Guidelines : http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864p.pdf
VisaJourney Guides : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=guides
K1 Flowchart : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=k1flow
K1/K3 AOS Guide : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k1k3aos
ROC Guide : http://www.visajourney.com/content/751guide

DSC04023-1.jpg0906091800.jpg93dc3e19-1345-4995-9126-121c2d709290.jpg

Timeline
I'm using Firefox, and I get an error message saying that my browser doesn't meet the minimum requirements and that my version of Adobe doesn't meet the minimum requirements. Is this the error message you get? For me, the error message doesn't see to impact my ability to fill out the form. Click on the DS-156 link, it might end up being OK! Otherwise, try updating your version of Adobe or switching browers? (Not sure what Mac users browse with, unfortunately!)

Hey - yes i have gotten to the actual form now it would seem, but i find it a little odd, some of the questions asked don't apply to me at all - it's very generic, and just makes me wonder if it is the right thing?!?! - filling it out right now... urrrgggh so many forms!

'Love - Life - Loyalty'

Hey - yes i have gotten to the actual form now it would seem, but i find it a little odd, some of the questions asked don't apply to me at all - it's very generic, and just makes me wonder if it is the right thing?!?! - filling it out right now... urrrgggh so many forms!

Never fear, it's a multi-purpose form, so it's going to be a little generic. Just fill it out as it applies to you.

Our naturalization timeline
1/12/2015 - Application sent to Phoenix service center by USPS priority mail

1/14/2015 - Package received in Phoenix

1/16/2015 - NOA date (hard copy received 1/22)

1/20/2015 - Check cashed

2/09/2015 - Biometrics

2/11/2015 - In line for interview

3/28/2015 - Hard copy interview notice received

4/29/2015 - Interview at Chicago field office - Approved!!!

5/22/2015 - Oath ceremony - Now a US citizen!!!!!!

Thank you, VisaJourney!!!!!

"Contrary to what the cynics say, distance is not for the fearful, it is for the bold. It's for those who are willing to spend a lot of time alone in exchange for a little time with the one they love... It's for those knowing a good thing when they see it, even if they don't see it nearly enough..."- Anonymous

an1cHsK0g000610MTNsc3wxMDAwOTk4c2F8V2Uga

Timeline

Never fear, it's a multi-purpose form, so it's going to be a little generic. Just fill it out as it applies to you.

thanx ;)

'Love - Life - Loyalty'

Just to be clear - when you say "some of the questions asked don't apply to me at all"; You are the foreign fiancé correct? (Not the US citizen..?) Because this (the DS-156) is all about you - it is the Visa Application (granted a lot of the questions ask about being denied a visa or criminal background and I hope this is what you're referring to).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

moved from K-1 Fiance(e) Visa Process & Procedures to US Embassy and Consulate Discussion

form is used at that level.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.