Sak

Confused Please help

64 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I read the above and they are correct. If he supports these children the government is going to know he supports them especially if it is recorded through the child support enforcement agency. If his checks are deducted every month for this automatically then it's already going to show the USCIS that he pays out for that because he has to supply them with proof of his income (check stubs from his employer) so if these payments are being deducted then it is considered an expense despite if he claims them on taxes or not.

TIME LINE 2007

01/12/07-I Fly to Australia

01/25/07-We Got Married!

07/15/07-Point of Entry (K3 Visa)

K3 Time Line for the I-130, I-129F, EAD and AOS

usaCa.gifanimated-hearts.gifaustralC_1xa.gif

Lifting Conditions Timeline

11/06/09- Mailed Petition Via USPS Certified Mail

11/09/09- Your item was delivered at 11:08 AM on November 9, 2009 in LAGUNA NIGUEL, CA 92677.

11/12/09- Check Cashed

11/12/09- Return Receipt Arrives in Mail

11/13/09- Touched

11/16/09- NOA Received

11/27/09- Received Appointment Letter

12/18/09- Biometrics

12/21/09- Touched

01/08/10- Card Production Ordered (E-Mail)

01/09/10- Touched

01/14/10- Greencard Received

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Duplicate threads merged and duplicate posts deleted. Please do not start a new thread for the same topic.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

If his paychecks are deducted for his child support through the child support enforcement agency then they will know that he pays the child support because he has to show them his paycheck stubs to prove what he makes. If he is supporting these children they WILL find out so you should not lie about it. Be honest because if you don't they will question it. Most men that pay child support are recorded through Child Support Enforcement in most states. He must show them his paycheck stubs which would show the deduction. They will question this if you are not honest. He needs to calculate the support based on ALL of the people he supports despite if they are with him full time or not. If he is not within the range on income requirements he MUST have a back up sponsor. If he takes care of 5 people and he can prove that through LEGAL documentation (by getting the report from the child support enforcement agency) then he CAN claim that he supports 5 people which would bring him into the bracket for supporting 5 people.

They are going to look at his TOTAL income AFTER deductions

TIME LINE 2007

01/25/07-We Got Married!

11/09/09- Your item was delivered at 11:08 AM on November 9, 2009 in LAGUNA NIGUEL, CA 92677.

11/12/09- Check Cashed

11/13/09- Touched

11/16/09- NOA Received

12/18/09- Biometrics

12/21/09- Touched

01/09/10- Touched

Filed: Other Timeline

Thanks Rings. I never said I was going to hide anything or lie. I just wanted to make sure that what I was being told was correct so that we are able to get a so-sponsor. I appreciate your help. Thank You from the bottom of my heart. I want to do this the right way so we do not get an RFE notices....My fiancee better get crackin and find a better paying job. :-)

Timeline

Haha you are welcome. I didn't think you were trying to lie or anything. It does get confusing when youa re supporting children. I know I have two of them and i get support, but it's all regulated and he has to show them his check stubs (that's a reality) and 90 percent of people who pay child support have it automatically deducted from their checks so if you are showing USCIS what you earn you are also showing them those deductions. So you need to write down what those check deductions are for because they will question it (because it takes away from "actual" income when it comes down to it)

Honestly I know what I am talking about here. Take a look at his paycheck stubs and you will see what I mean. *hugs* let me know if you have other questions.

TIME LINE 2007

01/25/07-We Got Married!

11/12/09- Check Cashed

11/13/09- Touched

11/16/09- NOA Received

12/18/09- Biometrics

12/21/09- Touched

01/09/10- Touched

Timeline

I don't know if I should attach this on the end of this thread, but it's related.

I am at the borderline of qualifying (not enough income) for both of my fiance's children. The other one is 18, and she has said she doesn't want to come to US, but she may change her mind. I already qualify for my fiance and No. 2 kid, with my present income.

I am going to start receiving from US gov. , an annuity beginning in January, 2010, which would qualify me for both of her children.

I have documentation proving that this perpetual annuity has been approved and showing the first payment scheduled for January (unless Washington politicians bankrupt the US before then). I am wondering if they will consider this projected income as "income" to help prove I can support everyone?

Filed: Other Timeline

This whole process is soooooooooooooo confusing. oh well at least now I know that we will need a co-sponsor. His child support is deducted from his paycheck every 2 weeks so it would be his total income minus child support for 2 kids and then plus child support for 1 kid....talk about confusing. Anyway if I have any question can I message you Rings?

Timeline
I don't know if I should attach this on the end of this thread, but it's related.

I am at the borderline of qualifying (not enough income) for both of my fiance's children. The other one is 18, and she has said she doesn't want to come to US, but she may change her mind. I already qualify for my fiance and No. 2 kid, with my present income.

I am going to start receiving from US gov. , an annuity beginning in January, 2010, which would qualify me for both of her children.

I have documentation proving that this perpetual annuity has been approved and showing the first payment scheduled for January (unless Washington politicians bankrupt the US before then). I am wondering if they will consider this projected income as "income" to help prove I can support everyone?

The 18 year old will not be valid especially if he/she does not enter the country and if you do not file for the I-130 on that childs behalf. The Annuity qualifies as "income" and you should report it if possible because that money coming is is still valid income to support the family. You must have legal documentation to prove that it is income though. (USCIS likes papers that say stuff especially when it comes to money) but you must be receiving this income at the time of your spouses arrival into America or they will not consider it.

This whole process is soooooooooooooo confusing. oh well at least now I know that we will need a co-sponsor. His child support is deducted from his paycheck every 2 weeks so it would be his total income minus child support for 2 kids and then plus child support for 1 kid....talk about confusing. Anyway if I have any question can I message you Rings?

You can always message me. They will look at his deductions because it is not income he can provide to "support" you.. it is income, just not income that's his (if you get what I mean)

TIME LINE 2007

01/25/07-We Got Married!

11/12/09- Check Cashed

11/13/09- Touched

11/16/09- NOA Received

12/18/09- Biometrics

12/21/09- Touched

01/09/10- Touched

Timeline

*hugs* I am sorry I feel like I am the bad news lady, but I know my advice is correct, so please find a sponsor. Message me anythine! Friends forever!

TIME LINE 2007

01/25/07-We Got Married!

11/12/09- Check Cashed

11/13/09- Touched

11/16/09- NOA Received

12/18/09- Biometrics

12/21/09- Touched

01/09/10- Touched

Timeline
Lol it sure isnt. Thank you so much for being kind and helping me. Now the task on hand is to find a sponsor. This is going to get interesting. Now he have to involve his poor mother into this. Will keep you updated and again THANK YOU!!!!!!

It's my understanding that any additional income counts. I mean, if your sponsor only has $5000 yearly income, that's still additional $5000, and maybe that's all you need to push you over the finish line. Friends, family, co-workers, church, bowling buddies, anyone, keep at it, keep talking, keep communicating, you'lll find someone to help you.

At least you don't have tightwad family like mine. I think my parents would have heart attacks if I asked to borrow $100. (Oh,well, they don't have internet service, so they can't read this!)

And don't forgot any large cash reserves you have laying around. This is substitute. Me, I blew an ungodly amount of money in the stock market in the last two years, but if you don't have that, maybe you have equity in house?

Timeline
The 18 year old will not be valid especially if he/she does not enter the country and if you do not file for the I-130 on that childs behalf.

No kimo savvy Lone Ranger. What do you mean by "valid"? Do you mean she doesn't count as someone who has to be supported, so therefore I only have to qualify for One fiance and One child, not two children?

Obviously, if she (18 year old) remains in the old country, then she doesn't count for support purposes, but it would be nice for her to come to US, if only to look around and then she can decide to stay or go back.

Timeline

Honestly the differece is in what the USCIS "sees" as income coming in to provide for the current immigrant. They are not looking at gross income they are looking at income to "provide". This income comes after deductions of income earned. (ie: student loans, child support, etc....)

TIME LINE 2007

01/25/07-We Got Married!

11/12/09- Check Cashed

11/13/09- Touched

11/16/09- NOA Received

12/18/09- Biometrics

12/21/09- Touched

01/09/10- Touched

Timeline
The 18 year old will not be valid especially if he/she does not enter the country and if you do not file for the I-130 on that childs behalf.

No kimo savvy Lone Ranger. What do you mean by "valid"? Do you mean she doesn't count as someone who has to be supported, so therefore I only have to qualify for One fiance and One child, not two children?

Obviously, if she (18 year old) remains in the old country, then she doesn't count for support purposes, but it would be nice for her to come to US, if only to look around and then she can decide to stay or go back.

At age 18 she is no longer considered a "child" to be supported. She is considered an "adult" that can care of herself. She can obtain a visitors visa to see the states, but cannot overstay that visitors visa.

TIME LINE 2007

01/25/07-We Got Married!

11/12/09- Check Cashed

11/13/09- Touched

11/16/09- NOA Received

12/18/09- Biometrics

12/21/09- Touched

01/09/10- Touched

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.