PaulJoyceXOXOXO

Any Advice for New filer?

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I just got back from the Philippines and proposed to my fiancee. I met a couple at the Airport (he's from Pittsburgh and she's from the Philippines). They told me about this site. Thanks to them if they read this. I'm going to mail my I-129F this week. Any advice to get it approved as soon as possible. I miss her so much. I don't want to mess anything up and delay us being together for one extra day. What exactly do I need to send with the I129F? I know the check, the I129F, the notarized affadavit of support, and the two G325A forms. Anything else? Thank you in advance.

May 9, 2009 - Met online

September 18, 2009 - landed at Cagayan De Oro, Philippines and met in person for first time

September 20, 2009 - Proposal

October 9, 2009 - Sent I-129F

October 20, 2009 - Received NOA1

December 12, 2009 - Received NOA2

December 17,2010 - Received NVC letter

January 25 and 27, 2010 - Medical at St. Luke's

February 2, 2010 - Embassy Interview

February 6, 2010 - Received visa via Air21

February 26, 2010 - Joyce arrived in USA (Houston, TX)

May 8, 2010 - Married :)

May 10 - May 15th - Honeymoon in Destin, FL

May 27, 2010 - Sent AOS package

June 8, 2010 - Received AOS NOA1

June 12, 2010 - Received Biometrics Appointment Notice

June 22, 2010 - Biometrics Completed

Hello and welcome to VJ, may you have a smooth journey here! The first thing I did when I discovered this site, was to read and read and read.. until my eyes turned red. I can highly recommend the following links, it will tell you everything you need in order to put together your I-129f package. Please read it carefully, and if you still have questions don't be shy to post them!

Step by step guide for the K1 visa:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k1guide

You may also want to take a look at the K1 flowchart:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=k1flow

Good luck!

07.15.09 - Received NOA1

10.02.09 - Received NOA2 - So exciting!!

10.07.09 - Medical approved!

10.16.09 - Case left NVC

10.19.09 - Case delivered at consulate

10.21.09 - Package 3 received!

11.04.09 - Package 3 sent

11.25.09 - Interview APPROVED!

12.03.09 - Visa on hand!!

12.28.09 - POE in Seattle

02.13.10 - Our wedding day xD

12.14.12 - Mailed I-751 - Here we go again!

12.17.12 - Package delivered

12.20.12 - Received NOA 1 - dated 12.17.12

fqaVm8.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Please take some time and read the guides here on VJ (top of every page) to familiarize yourself with the process requirements. Also do some reading in the PI regional forum and the K1 forum.

There are also example forms here on VJ that can help to answer questions.

Reading these will help you to find the proper forms. For example, the affidavit of support no longer needs to be notarized.

Have some patience. There is no "fast track." Well prepared couples experience few delays.

Welcome to VJ

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

I just got back from the Philippines and proposed to my fiancee. I met a couple at the Airport (he's from Pittsburgh and she's from the Philippines). They told me about this site. Thanks to them if they read this. I'm going to mail my I-129F this week. Any advice to get it approved as soon as possible. I miss her so much. I don't want to mess anything up and delay us being together for one extra day. What exactly do I need to send with the I129F? I know the check, the I129F, the notarized affadavit of support, and the two G325A forms. Anything else? Thank you in advance.

Advice?

Brace yourself for a long and frustrating wait, with no one to call to check on your case...no updates no answers to the 100 questions you will have like...did you do everything right? why is it taking so long? why are others approved yet you wait? yes...brace yourself for the frustrations...Advice? love and support...keep the faith, it is very very difficult when true love is involved...it is a painful process...at least for me and my wife...

Good luck...keep the faith..

Peace,

M and M

Please take some time and read the guides here on VJ (top of every page) to familiarize yourself with the process requirements. Also do some reading in the PI regional forum and the K1 forum.

There are also example forms here on VJ that can help to answer questions.

Reading these will help you to find the proper forms. For example, the affidavit of support no longer needs to be notarized.

Have some patience. There is no "fast track." Well prepared couples experience few delays.

Welcome to VJ

well prepared couple experience few delays?

wow...

5 months? not delayed?

I felt well prepared...

I work very hard on my attitude on a daily basis...the wait is a killer!

M of M and M

This place is a wonderful resource. Use the guides. When you do paperwork, cross all the t's, dot all the i's and lower case j's.

It will look like an impossible task, but you can do it.

Welcome :)

K1 Timeline:
Aug 2007 Met online, April 2009 Met in person (engaged), 6-18-09 Mailed I-129F, 6-29-09 NOA1 received in mail, 9-28-09 NOA2 Hard Copy Received, 10-06-09 NVC Letter Hard Copy, 10-19-09 Medical passed (after some minor paperwork difficulty. whew!), 11-09-09 Interview - APPROVED, 11-17-09 CFO Seminar, 11-21-09 POE Chicago, 12-15-09 Received SSN, 1-13-10 MARRIED!!!!, 1-26-10 Received new SSN card with married name
AOS Timeline
3-26-10 Mailed AOS and EAD to Chicago Lockbox
4-9-10 Received NOA1 for AOS and EAD - Touched
4-22-10 Biometrics completed
5-03-10 AOS Transfered to CSC
6-04-10 AOS APPROVED!!! Welcome notice mailed.
6-07-10 EAD Approved!!! Card production ordered.
6-08-10 GC Production Ordered.
6-12-10 Welcome Notice Received vis USPS.
6-16-10 EAD Received via USPS
6-19-10 GC Arrived via USPS.
Report of Marriage/Passport Change
11-13-10 Filed Report of Marriage and applied for new passport with married name to Philippines Embassy
Removal of Conditions
3-6-12 Mailed I751 to VT Service Center
3-8-12 I751 Delivered to VT Service Center
3-15-12 NOA1 Received by USPS
3-30-12 Biometrics Completed
12-14-12 ROC Approved
12-20-12 10 yr Green Card Received vis USPS
US. Citizenship
9-21-15 Mailed N-400 to TX service center
9-27-15 N-400 Packet delivered to Dallas TX Lockbox
10-01-15 NOA1 notice via text

10-08-15 NOA1 notice via USPS

10-21-15 Biometrics Completed

10-30-15 "In Line" for interview

11-06-15 Interview Letter Received

12-08-15 Naturalization Interview - Louisville, KY Completed (Passed!)

01-13-16 11:05 AM Finished oath and became a citizen of the United States of America on wedding anniversary

01-19-16 Applied for US Passport

02-05-16 Passport Delivered

I-130 for Mother

6-8-23 NOA1 (I-130 Received by USCIS)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

The advice i can give you is to keep all your evidence like emails, chat, mails everything that u both use for communications.. and also if ur supporting her financially.. keep all the receipt coz the consul will ask for supporting evidence during her interview and ur last 3 years income tax return and latest w-2......and dont forget ur pictures together and most important is to pray pray pray...

Edited by Confusedgal

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

1. To help you ease your mind a bit and maybe make the time go faster, get a hobby, concentrate in your job, do excercises......something to keep your mind occupied.

2. Also don't wait until the last moment to gather, prepare and organize your evidence of relationship. It can get quite overwhelming if you leave it for after you get your NOA 2. Do a little here and a little there and you'll see the results.

3. If you can, check in advance what other documentation you might need for the consular stage. Some could take time to get.

PEACE good luck and smooth journey to you.

Edited by Victor&Cory

When you love someone from the bottom of your heart; so much that you are willing to give your life for your loved one, time and distance takes a backseat. Only love prevails. And with love in you hearts you can overcome anything.

January 21, 2010 - Submitted AOS

January 25, 2010 - Cory received her SSN

March 9, 2010 - Received appointment for biometrics - will be on March 18

March 18, 2010 - Biometrics done

March 19, 2010 - Touches on I-485 and I-765

March 25, 2010 - Advance Parole approved..received on April 1 in the mail

March 29, 2010 - I-485 notice date, received on April 4, 2010

May 3, 2010 - EAD approved

May 5, 2010 - Date interview....approved

event.png

Before sending your documents, make sure you have signed everything, you don't want them to return your application because of a missing signature.

Visit My Website

Nothing Worth Having is Easy.

Timeline

The guides here are great I'm using them.

My advice is that for each for you fill out there will be accompanying instructions. Read those too. Also go to the Manila website and read their instructions as well when you get to that part. K-1 Visa is a non-immigrant visa but in manila it is handled through the immigrant portion of their facility. I found good info on both immigrant and the nonimmigrant portions of thier website.

Timeline

Thank you all for your kind words and advice. I've begun getting everything together now. I'm sure we'll be fine.

I was told that the I-864 Affadavit of Support should get sent with the I-129F, but what I've read in the "step by step guide" here on VJ doesn't list it. Is this something that gets sent later?

May 9, 2009 - Met online

September 18, 2009 - landed at Cagayan De Oro, Philippines and met in person for first time

September 20, 2009 - Proposal

October 9, 2009 - Sent I-129F

October 20, 2009 - Received NOA1

December 12, 2009 - Received NOA2

December 17,2010 - Received NVC letter

January 25 and 27, 2010 - Medical at St. Luke's

February 2, 2010 - Embassy Interview

February 6, 2010 - Received visa via Air21

February 26, 2010 - Joyce arrived in USA (Houston, TX)

May 8, 2010 - Married :)

May 10 - May 15th - Honeymoon in Destin, FL

May 27, 2010 - Sent AOS package

June 8, 2010 - Received AOS NOA1

June 12, 2010 - Received Biometrics Appointment Notice

June 22, 2010 - Biometrics Completed

Thank you all for your kind words and advice. I've begun getting everything together now. I'm sure we'll be fine.

I was told that the I-864 Affadavit of Support should get sent with the I-129F, but what I've read in the "step by step guide" here on VJ doesn't list it. Is this something that gets sent later?

Hello again,

you do not deal with the I-184 until after she arrives in the US. You don't have to concern yourself with this form now, so the step to step guide is correct. Good luck with everything!

07.15.09 - Received NOA1

10.02.09 - Received NOA2 - So exciting!!

10.07.09 - Medical approved!

10.16.09 - Case left NVC

10.19.09 - Case delivered at consulate

10.21.09 - Package 3 received!

11.04.09 - Package 3 sent

11.25.09 - Interview APPROVED!

12.03.09 - Visa on hand!!

12.28.09 - POE in Seattle

02.13.10 - Our wedding day xD

12.14.12 - Mailed I-751 - Here we go again!

12.17.12 - Package delivered

12.20.12 - Received NOA 1 - dated 12.17.12

fqaVm8.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.