Confusedgal

What will happen if were not going to file Form I-765?

17 posts in this topic

What will happen if were not going to file Form I-765 together with the I-485?? will it affect my AOS approval?

no it will not affect your AOS application. it's just an option that gives you authorization to work even if you don't have your GC yet.

so if you don't have plans of working before your GC arrives, then you don't need to apply for it, and when you get your GC you don't need it anymore because having your GC gives you authorization to work.

I-129F, AOS, ROC

02-11-2008 Sent out I -129F in mail

02-13-2008 NOA 1

03-14-2008 NOA 2

04-07-2008 Medical exam passed

04-25-2008 Interview, visa aproved, no RFEs!

04-25-2008 Waiting for DELBROS/NSO

05-07-2008 Visa on hand ! Wow, less than 3 months! Thank you Lord!

05-26-2008 POE Detroit, no problems, thank God!

07-01-2008 Married 07-01-08, civil, just us w/ his parents

07-16-2008 Mailed out AOS package

07-19-2008 wedding ceremony

08-19-2008 biometrics appointment

08-25-2008 i-485 touched

09-23-2008 i-485 touched

09-30-2008 i-131 approval notice THANK YOU LORD!!!!

10-04-2008 Received my EAD

10-06-2008 Received my AP...yehey, i can go back to Phil for xmas!

11-14-2008 DMV driving test-passed! thank you Lord!

11-18-2008 Received RI driver's license

11-30-2008 Went home to PHILs for the holidays

12-21-2008 Church wedding!

01-08-2009 AOS Approved! thank you Lord! no interview required!

01-16-2009 Received GC in mail

09-02-2010 Sent out application for ROC

09-08-2010 Received NOA1

09-10-2010 Received Biometrics Notice

10-06-2010 Biometrics

12-06-2010 Approved! Thank you Lord God!

12-11-2010 Received NOA2 and 10-yr GC in the mail =)

N-400

10-03-2011 Sent N-400

10-07-2011 NOA1 date

10-25-2011 Biometrics

12-02-2011 Civics Test/Interview (passed)

04-09-2012 Oathtaking (got my little USA flag and souvenir photo!)

Matthew at 1yr

DSCF6924-2.jpg[/img]

What will happen if were not going to file Form I-765 together with the I-485?? will it affect my AOS approval?

You won't be able to get a SS card. No working, No drivers license etc. May's as well apply since the EAD and AP applications are free with the I-485.

Edited by Haole

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: Other Timeline

(By the way, to moderators: This message thread probably needs to be moved to another more appropriate vj forum...not exactly a N-400 issue here..)

Hi Confusedgal,

I was one of those people that DID NOT file the I-765 (EAD/work permit) when I filed my AOS a few years ago....And my AOS was still approved.

At the time I applied, I was in no hurry to get a job right away, and so decided to save the money (when I applied a few years ago, this was a separate I-765 $130 fee along with the AOS fee, not as a together included package as it is now for the AOS which includes the I-765 for $1000+) by not opting to do such...

Waste of time and money anways to go for the I-765, as co-incidently a lot of other vjers get both the I-765 and green card approved at around the same time (and even the I-765 approved after the green card...definitely not of use there...)

But if you are in a hurry to work before you get your green card....then yes, file for the I-765...(besides, it's included with the I-485/AOS nowadays anyways...)

See my vj timeline for more info..

Hope this helps. Good luck with the rest of your journey too.

Ant

Edited by Ant+D+A

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
(By the way, to moderators: This message thread probably needs to be moved to another more appropriate vj forum...not exactly a N-400 issue here..)

Hi Confusedgal,

I was one of those people that DID NOT file the I-765 (EAD/work permit) when I filed my AOS a few years ago....And my AOS was still approved.

At the time I applied, I was in no hurry to get a job right away, and so decided to save the money (when I applied a few years ago, this was a separate I-765 $130 fee along with the AOS fee, not as a together included package as it is now for the AOS which includes the I-765 for $1000+) by not opting to do such...

Waste of time and money anways to go for the I-765, as co-incidently a lot of other vjers get both the I-765 and green card approved at around the same time (and even the I-765 approved after the green card...definitely not of use there...)

But if you are in a hurry to work before you get your green card....then yes, file for the I-765...(besides, it's included with the I-485/AOS nowadays anyways...)

See my vj timeline for more info..

I opt not file AP and I-765 coz the one who's helping us filing the paper wants to charge a lot if we included it.. That's why i chose not to file it yet.. If filing AOS will not be affected without it. I'd rather wait till my GC arrive.. The only problem that I'm really worried is not to get my Approval within 6 months.. I need to get my baby in my home country b4 my k1 visa one year end.. That's why im asking if it will affect my AOS.. Coz im worried to have delay and not to get my baby by april 2010

Hope this helps. Good luck with the rest of your journey too.

Ant

Timeline

You won't be able to get a SS card. No working, No drivers license etc. May's as well apply since the EAD and AP applications are free with the I-485.

I opt not file AP and I-765 coz the one who's helping us filing the paper wants to charge a lot if we included it.. That's why i chose not to file it yet.. If filing AOS will not be affected without it. I'd rather wait till my GC arrive.. The only problem that I'm really worried is not to get my Approval within 6 months.. I need to get my baby in my home country b4 my k1 visa one year end.. That's why im asking if it will affect my AOS.. Coz im worried to have delay and not to get my baby by april 2010

Be SURE and file the I-131 for advanced parole in case the GC doesn't come thru. You can at least go home and return after you get your baby then.

Edited by Haole

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Timeline

Be SURE and file the I-131 for advanced parole in case the GC doesn't come thru. You can at least go home and return after you get your baby then.

So it does mean that i need to ask additional 615 bucks to my husband.. Coz the filing fee for I-131 is 315 and the one who will help us wants me to charge 300 for additional paperwork of I-131.. wahhh.. Im getting shy asking money from him.. Coz he spent a lot of money for this.. Goshhh

So it does mean that i need to ask additional 615 bucks to my husband.. Coz the filing fee for I-131 is 315 and the one who will help us wants me to charge 300 for additional paperwork of I-131.. wahhh.. Im getting shy asking money from him.. Coz he spent a lot of money for this.. Goshhh

Fill it out yourself. It's easy! The guy is making over $300 per hour.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...000b92ca60aRCRD

!! ALL PAU!

Timeline

Fill it out yourself. It's easy! The guy is making over $300 per hour.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...000b92ca60aRCRD

yes i guess that's the best thing to do.. I hope they will agree and allow me to fill up the i-131 by myself since they already have almost all of our documents... Thanks

Edited by Confusedgal

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

See the price of the I-765 has only risen to $340.00 now, not much more than it was about six years ago. Also see they used the same biometrics with photo for my wife's EAD card as they did for her conditional card. She was like a prisoner here, especially with that incredibly stupid AMA that only our Senator Feingold was against, he said he read it.

It took seven months from the time I filed the I-130 and all the other forms till the time she received her conditional permanent resident card, did file for the I-751 that we received four months after the I-130, so that gave her three more months of freedom, like getting a conditional SS card so I could add her to my bank accounts, she got her drivers' license with that, and was able to get a job. Good woman, she realized how much money I spent to get her over here and felt obligated, especially for the support of her daughter that she also brought with her. Getting her daughter here was extremely expensive for me, but I didn't mind.

So depending on how slow the USCIS is in processing your application, the I-765 may buy you some freedom, was worth the price to me. Also applied for my step daughter, while it was legal for her to go to school with the NOA, was more security for her. Wife is a USC now, daughter has to wait 8 more months, but still trying to get my wife's unmarried over 21 son here. That may take forever the way the DOS and USCIS moves. I love it when Bush talked about family values as do all the rest of the republicans. Don't know if Obama is any different.

wow what a ripoff if u can fill them out yourself, save money and you get all ap ead with aos. some people try to take advantage of this, $300 just to fill out additional forms wow!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

this is not true for all states, i only just now filed for AOS and i have a ssn already in my married name, i also got my drivers license before i got my ssn and car insurance as well before i had my ssn. the only difference is that when you get your GC you need to go to the SSN office and get your card changed as right now the ssn is not for working and says it in black letters on the card.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Timeline
wow what a ripoff if u can fill them out yourself, save money and you get all ap ead with aos. some people try to take advantage of this, $300 just to fill out additional forms wow!!!!

yes it is i guess... but i can't pull out my papers now since i already paid them. and, im getting shy to mu husband coz i dont want him to spend more money for a piece of paper like this... but, im also scared not to get the approval within six months,, coz im goin to jeopardize getting my baby...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.