~happyndinlove~

Flipping the clock is DIFFICULT!

29 posts in this topic

I was just wondering how my fellow vj members (filipinas specially) dealing with "flipping the clock" problem? Been here in the US for 2 weeks now but my clock is still messed up! I could fall asleep at night (9-10) but then i wakes up between 1:30-2:30am and i always have trouble going back to sleep. I dont (and never will i) take a nap (no matter how sleepy i am) during the day but my clock still screwed up! Drinks different kinds of green tea(s) and wake up "energy shots" but i still feel sleepy during the day...Grrrrrrrrrrr!!!

Good thing though that my husband understands this "crazy flipping clock thingy" and "keeps me awake" during the day...LOL!!!

Immigration Timeline Summary

10.21.2008 – CR-1 Visa Application Filed (By Hubby's Sec)
09.04.2009 – Visa Interview | Passed
09.10.2009 – Visa Packet Received
09.17.2009 – US Entry | Home
07.05.2011 – ROC Petition Filed
05.01.2012 – ROC Approved (No Interview)
05.18.2012 – 10-year GC Received
06.19.2012 – Eligible to apply for Naturalization
(procrastinated)
06.24.2013 – N-400 Application Filed
09.30.2013 – Civics Test / Interview | Passed
10.03.2013 – Oath Taking Ceremony | Became a USCitizen!
04.14.2014 – Applied for "Expedite Service" Passport (as PI travel date was fast approaching)
04.16.2014 – Passport Issued & Shipped
04.17.2014 – US Passport Received

Our timeline vanished into thin air.

I've contacted the admin several times but I got zero response.

https://meiscookery.wordpress.com

I was just wondering how my fellow vj members (filipinas specially) dealing with "flipping the clock" problem? Been here in the US for 2 weeks now but my clock is still messed up! I could fall asleep at night (9-10) but then i wakes up between 1:30-2:30am and i always have trouble going back to sleep. I dont (and never will i) take a nap (no matter how sleepy i am) during the day but my clock still screwed up! Drinks different kinds of green tea(s) and wake up "energy shots" but i still feel sleepy during the day...Grrrrrrrrrrr!!!

Good thing though that my husband understands this "crazy flipping clock thingy" and "keeps me awake" during the day...LOL!!!

don't worry, it's normal. it does take time for your bodyclock to adjust. some take just days, others weeks...i have a friend who's been here since june and was able to adjust only in september.

read a book or watch tv, -anything to get you sleepy and try using an alarm clock to force you to wake up in the morning.

everntually your body will get it :)

I-129F, AOS, ROC

02-11-2008 Sent out I -129F in mail

02-13-2008 NOA 1

03-14-2008 NOA 2

04-07-2008 Medical exam passed

04-25-2008 Interview, visa aproved, no RFEs!

04-25-2008 Waiting for DELBROS/NSO

05-07-2008 Visa on hand ! Wow, less than 3 months! Thank you Lord!

05-26-2008 POE Detroit, no problems, thank God!

07-01-2008 Married 07-01-08, civil, just us w/ his parents

07-16-2008 Mailed out AOS package

07-19-2008 wedding ceremony

08-19-2008 biometrics appointment

08-25-2008 i-485 touched

09-23-2008 i-485 touched

09-30-2008 i-131 approval notice THANK YOU LORD!!!!

10-04-2008 Received my EAD

10-06-2008 Received my AP...yehey, i can go back to Phil for xmas!

11-14-2008 DMV driving test-passed! thank you Lord!

11-18-2008 Received RI driver's license

11-30-2008 Went home to PHILs for the holidays

12-21-2008 Church wedding!

01-08-2009 AOS Approved! thank you Lord! no interview required!

01-16-2009 Received GC in mail

09-02-2010 Sent out application for ROC

09-08-2010 Received NOA1

09-10-2010 Received Biometrics Notice

10-06-2010 Biometrics

12-06-2010 Approved! Thank you Lord God!

12-11-2010 Received NOA2 and 10-yr GC in the mail =)

N-400

10-03-2011 Sent N-400

10-07-2011 NOA1 date

10-25-2011 Biometrics

12-02-2011 Civics Test/Interview (passed)

04-09-2012 Oathtaking (got my little USA flag and souvenir photo!)

Matthew at 1yr

DSCF6924-2.jpg[/img]

leave the energy shots alone until you get the clock adjusted. stay up without sleep for twenty four hours, then go to bed at the normal bed time. I guarantee you will sleep through the night. this will help you get started....

:devil:

or Both dance the "lambada " before going to bed.....heheehe

:devil:

:bonk::lol:

3561055465_7e32541543_m.jpg3561659436_e8b5cc66fc_m.jpg

"Our Wedding Prayer"

Lord,help us to remember when we first met,and the strong love that grew between us.

To work the love into practical things so nothing can divide us

Grant us a Love that grows stronger with each passing year.

We ask for words both kind and loving

and for hearts always ready to ask forgiveness as well as to forgive.

Guide us to overcome every challenge

and keep our dreams pure to each other always.

Dear Lord,we put our marriage into Your hands.Amen

If your heart acquires strength, you will be able to remove blemishes from others without thinking evil of them.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

you're in a new environment, so some of this may be from an unfamiliar setting.

it's more difficult to transition when flying from west to east than east to west. perhaps try some exercise (as previously suggested) and maybe a long hot bath before going to bed.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I'm a fan of exercise and warm milk.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

It happens to me when I first got here. For my first 2 weeks, I just keep sleeping the whole day, and night. Then, another 2 weeks of being so awake during night. It took me 5 weeks to fully shift my body clock to normal day and night. Though, there's still time that I am so sleepy in the morning and so awake during night.

I wake up as husband wake up to prepare to go to work. He wanted to have breakfast with me. Then, when he's gone to work, I took a nap. Until such time, that I didn't take a nap anymore during the day.

Give your body some time to adjust. Now, your body will also need to adjust with the cold weather.

Lifting Condition (I-751)

09/09/2011 - Sent the package to CSC

09/13/2011 - CSC received the package

09/15/2011 - CSC cashed check and NOA1 Received

09/26/2011 - Biometrics Appointment Notice Date (Sent)

10/13/2011 - Early Biometrics

10/19/2011 - Biometrics Appointment

10/26/2011 - GC expiration

11/25/2011 - Received RFE

11/28/2011 - Sent response to RFE

01/13/2012 - Ordered card production (Approved)

01/19/2012 - 10 yrs GC received

My wife took a week to adjust when she came here. But eventually she did adjust. She was here 4 months and then had to go back to the Phils because of a family emergency, and she had to adjust back to that time then. She was gone 3 weeks, then came back. Got back here at midnight, then to bed at 2AM. Slept until 4PM next day. Then up until 5:30AM (dancing the horizontal bump together, then slept). Then slept till noon at which time I set alarm for.

I had to go to work at 3PM. When I came home at 11:20PM, she was in bed watching TV. She made herself not take a nap. Then I went downstairs to do some things, and when came back up she was wanting to sleep, not long before midnight.

Hopefully now she will sleep until morning.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

It happens to me when I first got here. For my first 2 weeks, I just keep sleeping the whole day, and night. Then, another 2 weeks of being so awake during night. It took me 5 weeks to fully shift my body clock to normal day and night. Though, there's still time that I am so sleepy in the morning and so awake during night.

I wake up as husband wake up to prepare to go to work. He wanted to have breakfast with me. Then, when he's gone to work, I took a nap. Until such time, that I didn't take a nap anymore during the day.

Give your body some time to adjust. Now, your body will also need to adjust with the cold weather.

Is that why K1 fiancees have to wait for EAD? So they can get lot's of rest while their SO is at work... ;)

July 26 '09 I-129F Petition Sent

Oct 6 '09 Petition Approved

November 6 '09 Medical Complete

November 12 '09 Interview Complete

November 19 '09 Visa Delivered

November 25 '09 POE

February 6 '10 Married

September 30 '10 AOS App sent - crazy overloaded!

December 13 '10 AP Email notice

December 17 '10 EAD Hardcopy received. Yeah!

Filed: Timeline
you're in a new environment, so some of this may be from an unfamiliar setting.

it's more difficult to transition when flying from west to east than east to west. perhaps try some exercise (as previously suggested) and maybe a long hot bath before going to bed.

I agree, I used to do a lot of brisk walking and read a relaxing book before I go to bed.

Cold Weather?

We don't see cold weather till late December or Janurary, and it has been close to 90 degrees in December.

I have always heard the weather suxs big times in Illinois, especially Chicago.

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Is that why K1 fiancees have to wait for EAD? So they can get lot's of rest while their SO is at work... ;)

Maybe... Hahahahaha!... Honestly, when I got here until now seems to be a long vacation for me after 5 years of working right after college, with only 15 days vacation leave annually and almost 2 years of having graduate studies.

So, I enjoy every minute of being home, doing things I wanted to do before that I couldn't because I am so busy with work and school, like cooking and baking. Sleeping as much as I want. If I am so lazy to wake up in some mornings, husband will just cook breakfast and wake me up to join him. And go back to sleep again.

I know, sooner or later, I am gonna have work. So I just enjoy being home, having so much free time, and pampering my husband.

Lifting Condition (I-751)

09/09/2011 - Sent the package to CSC

09/13/2011 - CSC received the package

09/15/2011 - CSC cashed check and NOA1 Received

09/26/2011 - Biometrics Appointment Notice Date (Sent)

10/13/2011 - Early Biometrics

10/19/2011 - Biometrics Appointment

10/26/2011 - GC expiration

11/25/2011 - Received RFE

11/28/2011 - Sent response to RFE

01/13/2012 - Ordered card production (Approved)

01/19/2012 - 10 yrs GC received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.