BelgiumUSA

Missed biometrics appointment PLEASE HELP :(:(:(:(

28 posts in this topic

Just curious, why didn't you get your letter til today? What date was the postmark?

Because like I said, all the mail is going to my brother in law and he only opened it today and scanned it to me :(:( We're always travelling cause my husband works in a show,so that's the only way we can get mail ( we change every week...) The date is September 3d :(:(:( I cannot believe he didn't open it before :(:(:(:( You really can't trust people.

Should I go to the ASC that is 3h30 away?

Thanks a lot...

It would be better if it works out otherwise you "may" have to to the AOS trip again. Hopefully they will take a scanned copy.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Just curious, why didn't you get your letter til today? What date was the postmark?

Because like I said, all the mail is going to my brother in law and he only opened it today and scanned it to me :(:( We're always travelling cause my husband works in a show,so that's the only way we can get mail ( we change every week...) The date is September 3d :(:(:( I cannot believe he didn't open it before :(:(:(:( You really can't trust people.

Thanks a lot...

All you said was that you were living out of state. Ultimately it's up to you to make sure you get all of your notices, even if that means checking in daily to ask "did I get any letters" or checking your status online. It's not up to USCIS, or your brother in law, to make sure you get notices. That's how USCIS will see it, anyway. But I bet you already know that.

I think your best bet is to go to the infopass appointment and explain what happened. I don't know this for sure, but I have to wonder if anyone at the place that is 3.5 hours from you would have the authority to decide whether or not it was still ok to take your biometrics.

24q38dy.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

Thanks a lot...

All you said was that you were living out of state. Ultimately it's up to you to make sure you get all of your notices, even if that means checking in daily to ask "did I get any letters" or checking your status online. It's not up to USCIS, or your brother in law, to make sure you get notices. That's how USCIS will see it, anyway. But I bet you already know that.

I think your best bet is to go to the infopass appointment and explain what happened. I don't know this for sure, but I have to wonder if anyone at the place that is 3.5 hours from you would have the authority to decide whether or not it was still ok to take your biometrics.

I asked him everyday... twice a day... I checked my status online everyday too . And they never said when they sent the biometrics appointment letter. I called and called again... but they said: wait. I didn't have any other choice to get my mail, trust me I would have if I could :(

So you think infopass appointment? Anyway, USCIS only reopens on Monday right? So it's not like they would make any decision during the week-end... Am I right?

I got my infopass appointment on Monday at 8 AM ( the earliest time possible)...

I should just wait for that...?

Thanks so much for your help I think I;m gonna explode :(

I am so exhausted

Filed: IR-5 Country: Colombia
Timeline

Just wait until Monday. Go and explain what happened. It is just for a couple days. The only thing is that you do not have the original. When i was doing AOS back in 2006 they also wrote in the letter that I could go every certain day (depends on the ASC) to have your biometrics taken until certain day until they really considered abandoned. I remember I could not go for mine because was during some vacations we planned for a long time, and as soon as we came back the following week they took my biometrics and I never had a problem during my AOS. Did you check your letter to see if says anything like that?

Maryces21

Mother's Journey

12/30/11 Sent I-130 Petition to CSC

01/14/11 Received NOA 1 (Priority date 01/02/11)

02/14/11 Could see case online

05/04/11 Waiting.......I am pregnant and I wish my Mom could be here when baby is born

05/23/11 Received email. Case approved. Yeahhhhhh

05/26/11 Received NOA 2 in the mail.

--------------NVC stage-----------------

06/07/11 NVC received case.

06/08/11 Called to give emails and got IIN.

06/10/11 Sent DS3032 email and paid AOS fee. Received auto response 15 seconds later.

06/14/11 AOS Showed Paid. Sent AOS Package.

06/16/11 NVC Received and accepted DS3032. AOS Package was delivered to NVC.

06/17/11 Paid IV fee.

06/22/11 IV Showed Paid.

06/23/11 Sent DS-230 via Express Mail.

06/24/11 DS 230 was delivered by USPS.

06/28/11 AOS was accepted per AVR.

06/30/11 Received AOS check list. Missing DS-230. (It was sent 06/23/11)

07/07/11 Case Complete per AVR and operator. Waiting for interview date.

08/01/11 Per NVC Operator Interview date 09/28/11

09/26/11 Medical test. Passed!!!!

09/28/11 Interview date @ BGT embassy. Approved!!!!!!!

10/06/11 Visa arrived.

10/19/11 Arrived to USA. POE ORLANDO

11/14/11 Received Green Card

Timeline
Just wait until Monday. Go and explain what happened. It is just for a couple days. The only thing is that you do not have the original. When i was doing AOS back in 2006 they also wrote in the letter that I could go every certain day (depends on the ASC) to have your biometrics taken until certain day until they really considered abandoned. I remember I could not go for mine because was during some vacations we planned for a long time, and as soon as we came back the following week they took my biometrics and I never had a problem during my AOS. Did you check your letter to see if says anything like that?

It doesn't say anything like that... I'm sending my brother in law today with the letter to the office I was supposed to go to and explain what happened and why he is the one getting our mail.

When I look on the site from USCIS, my case is not written as abandonned, it is as "initial review" and I got my AP approved yesterday...

I SO hope that they will wait a few days and that when I will explain them what happened, they will understand.

I know I don't have the original. but then again, there is no way I can have it sent to me, it's the week-end... So I'll go in my infopass on Monday and hope that either they will agree to have my biometrics rescheduled or even taken in that city? Who knows...

I just hope they haven't abandonned my case, I worked so hard on this :(

Please pray for me :(

Thank you!

PS: do you know if they record the calls when you call USCIS? Cause I called them many times about that letter worrying that it may have gotten lost in the mail...And they said: wait 30 days past the receipt date,and then we can further help you...

Thanks a lot...

That might be a tough one....all you can do is explain yourself....you surely cannot use the excuse that you are using a relative's mailing address...that's a red flag lol... don't you guys have a set US address?

Good luck at your InfoPass.

N-400 Citizenship

06/27/2014 Mailed N-400 Packet

07/02/2014 Tracking Confirmation Packet Rec'd @ USCIS

Timeline

Thanks a lot...

That might be a tough one....all you can do is explain yourself....you surely cannot use the excuse that you are using a relative's mailing address...that's a red flag lol... don't you guys have a set US address?

Good luck at your InfoPass.

No we do not have a set address. I told them about our situation when I entered the US and even before, when I filed for K1... They said: Use a relative's adress.

So we did. I sent my brother in law today to the office I was supposed to and have him explain what happened. Pray for me that they will listen and not abandon my case :(

We have no other way, My husband works for a showwww :(:(:(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have read all the post here

right now,,,,,,open your MS word and start writing a letter to the service center that you was suppose to be at

and miss, than mail to them. Next, if you havent already, someone mentioned to setting up an appointment though infor pass.....do it and keep the appointment.

This all need to be done ASAP........if you dont, you will have to pay (lot of money) to get reopened.

David and Elen

Have a Blessed Day

www.denfilipinohelp.com

Timeline
I have read all the post here

right now,,,,,,open your MS word and start writing a letter to the service center that you was suppose to be at

and miss, than mail to them. Next, if you havent already, someone mentioned to setting up an appointment though infor pass.....do it and keep the appointment.

This all need to be done ASAP........if you dont, you will have to pay (lot of money) to get reopened.

Ok I am waiting to hear from my brother in law to see what they say. I told him to tell them I am ready to fly there ASAP if I need to. I would do anything.

I am gonna write that letter right now.

I set up an infopass appointment on Monday 8AM , I will go there . It's not the original city I was supposed to go to, but I hope that won't matter.

My God it is so complicated when you travel so much .

I have been crying since yesterday, I am so scared, I am imagining the worst :(

What is the worst that could happen?

If they consider my file abandonned, can they deport me? I am sorry if this sounds stupid but I swear I am panicking.I just want to be with my husband :(:(:(

Please pray for me :(

Thank you!

Timeline
Check recent posts by July or May filers. I can't remember which. But one person had a similar problem and got a denial letter but eventually got it resolved.

Ok I'm gonna look into it.

Thank you!

Timeline

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all your replies.

I have real good news, my brother in law went to the ASC office where I was supposed to have the appointment and told them what happened.

They just took the original letter, gave him a copy and said: ok you will receive a letter with a new appoinment within 2 to 4 weeks. The case has not been abandoned, it is just delayed by a bit. You can tell her she is rescheduled. Thank you have a good day.

YEAAAAAAHHHH!!!!

So if this happens to anyone, do not worry, it can be fixed :) I think the earlier the better ( my appointment was for Sept 30 and it is October 3d). Just act fast :)

Good luck and THANK YOU VJERS , YOU GUYS ROCK!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.