kyle.sari

Urgent Question About Interview!

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I got my notice for the Green Card interview. It says bring medical examination report and vaccination report, unless already submitted.

We submitted them at the American consulate back in India during the K-1 visa interview.

Does that mean we have already submitted them? Or are they asking us to do a whole new examination?

Please help, interview is next week!

Sincerely,

-Kyle

I got my notice for the Green Card interview. It says bring medical examination report and vaccination report, unless already submitted.

We submitted them at the American consulate back in India during the K-1 visa interview.

Does that mean we have already submitted them? Or are they asking us to do a whole new examination?

Sincerely,

-Kyle

They are asking for the I-693 from a designated civil sugeon here in the US.

If it's been less than 1 year since your immigration physical you only need the vaccination records.

Edited by Haole

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Timeline

Sincerely,

-Kyle

They are asking for the I-693 from a designated civil sugeon here in the US.

If it's been less than 1 year since your immigration physical you only need the vaccination records.

Yes the medical exam was less than 1 year ago. But we submitted the vaccination records at the Consulate in India. Do they want us to get re-vaccinated? What should I do?

So..if you already had the medical exam within the past year then you only need to bring the vaccination supplement, yes you need to revaccinated with the Civil Surgeon on the USCIS list, take a look again at I-485 instruction page 4, #8 and to find the nearest Civil Surgeon from where you live, go to uscis.gov, on the left hand side, click on Find a Civil Surgeon (medical Doctor).

If you still have the Vaccinations record from the doctor in India then bring that to the Doctor where you go here so she or he can see what kind of vaccines you already had, they should know what kind of vaccines they need to give you though since they've been designated by USCIS.

Hope everythings gonna go well for you guys, best luck!

Oct 2005 - met my baby

Dec 2006 - he proposed

Feb 2007 - K-1 filed

Dec 2007 - K-1 Visa Interview (denied), the reason: i was overstayed my previous visit in 2000-2003 (my bad)

Feb 2008 - I-601 Waiver filed

Sept 2008 - Waiver approved (K-1 Visa issued)

Jan 2009 - the Wedding Blessing & Reception (Bali, Indonesia)

Feb 2009 - Arrived in the US followed by the Civil Wedding & Reception (again:)

March 2009 - AOS filed

April 2009 - Biometric

May 2009 - EAD card in hand

Aug 27th 2009 - AOS Interview (approved, yaay)

Sept 2009- Green Card arrived in the mail...yippeeeew...(i want to sing of Your Love forever)

June 2011 - ROC filed

July 2011 - Biometric

Dec 2011 - ROC approved (Best Christmas ever, i must've been a really good girl this year :)

The wait would be unbearable but it'll be worth it. It strengthens the love, it attaches you even more to each other, it shows how your man would do whatever it takes to be with you, that he will never give up on you because he LOVES you!! All the waits, stresses, tears, heartaches, all the miserable feelings you feel along the way will be paid off once you get what you've been hoping for...oh and WITHOUT PRAYERS? will be like trying to start a fire with water, JUST WON'T WORK!

Hopefully you have the DS 3025 from the overseas exam.

Just take that to a local civil surgeon to be transcribed to the I-693.

Most docs don't charge much for this. If they try to charge more, go elsewhere. We paid $15. The norm seems to be up to $50 or so.

------- ROC ---------------

06.29.2011 Mailed I-751

09.22.2011 RFE

I'm still confused though. On the appointment letter it says "Unless Already Submitted". If we submitted it abroad doesn't that count? Has anyone here been to the interview yet?

Best to be safe and bring it. That's what we did.

Technically the DS 3025 is not the correct form for AOS, but USCIS lets it pass with most people who's application is transferred to CSC without an interview.

------- ROC ---------------

06.29.2011 Mailed I-751

09.22.2011 RFE

I'm still confused though. On the appointment letter it says "Unless Already Submitted". If we submitted it abroad doesn't that count? Has anyone here been to the interview yet?

Unless already submitted, they meant unless you already submitted the documents with your I-485 petition, not with your K-1 petition, so you need to find the local Civil Surgeon, bring your Vaccinations Record from India (hopefully you have them) to the local Civil Surgeon and he/she will take care of it, all you need only the Vaccinations record from the Civil Surgeon here in the states that has been designated by USCIS. Alright? hope you wont be confused anymore

Oct 2005 - met my baby

Dec 2006 - he proposed

Feb 2007 - K-1 filed

Dec 2007 - K-1 Visa Interview (denied), the reason: i was overstayed my previous visit in 2000-2003 (my bad)

March 2009 - AOS filed

April 2009 - Biometric

Sept 2009- Green Card arrived in the mail...yippeeeew...(i want to sing of Your Love forever)

June 2011 - ROC filed

July 2011 - Biometric

Dec 2011 - ROC approved (Best Christmas ever, i must've been a really good girl this year :)

The wait would be unbearable but it'll be worth it. It strengthens the love, it attaches you even more to each other, it shows how your man would do whatever it takes to be with you, that he will never give up on you because he LOVES you!! All the waits, stresses, tears, heartaches, all the miserable feelings you feel along the way will be paid off once you get what you've been hoping for...oh and WITHOUT PRAYERS? will be like trying to start a fire with water, JUST WON'T WORK!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Sincerely,

-Kyle

Your medical exam was in the envelope you turned in, it has "already been submitted" The vaccination report you may have submitted with yoru AOS package, we did. If not bring it with you.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Submitting abroad does not count. The I485 is a whole new process. They will accept a copy of the Vaccination Suppliment. It should be transcribed into the I693. People who have interviewed in the passed couple of months are getting RFE's for not having it transcribed. I wouldn't take the chance and show up with only the vacc supp. You can find a civil surgeon near you or call Dr. Arnold in Texas who will do it via mail for a low fee. If you do not have the vacc suppliment and never kept a copy, you can either try contacting the medical facility back home for a copy, or youay have to redo the entire medical.

When they say 'unless already submitted' they mean if you has sent a copy in with your recent AOS application. Nothing to do with stuff submitted to Consulate.

N-400 Citizenship

06/27/2014 Mailed N-400 Packet

07/02/2014 Tracking Confirmation Packet Rec'd @ USCIS

Timeline

Thank you guys so much. I am finally understanding it now. I will go to a civil surgeon immediately.

Do they fill the I-693 out the very same day or do you have to pick it up later? My interview is rapidly approaching!!

Thank you guys so much. I am finally understanding it now. I will go to a civil surgeon immediately.

Do they fill the I-693 out the very same day or do you have to pick it up later? My interview is rapidly approaching!!

May take a few days. Call around for quotes. I hear Dr. Arnold will do it via mail, for as little as $30....some surgeons will charge up to $200-$300! And some will tell you that you have to redo the whole medical. This is not true...they are just trying to make money off you. If you have a week or so to spare, it may be worth while to shop around or call Dr. Arnold in TX.

Good luck.

N-400 Citizenship

06/27/2014 Mailed N-400 Packet

07/02/2014 Tracking Confirmation Packet Rec'd @ USCIS

I dont know where you live but my Doctor was in Sacramento and i got mine filled out at the same day and went home with the forms in my hand. (sealed envelope).

And you only need the Vaccinations page to be filled out, he might will give you 1-2 vaccines but you shouldnt pay more than $100. If he/she says you need the whole med exam, find different doctor, smart to call first and ask, good luck!

Edited by summersurf

Oct 2005 - met my baby

Dec 2006 - he proposed

Feb 2007 - K-1 filed

March 2009 - AOS filed

April 2009 - Biometric

June 2011 - ROC filed

July 2011 - Biometric

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.