malhaj

My easy road out of Egypt

34 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Congratulations! Your bragging rights have earned you the right to head straight to the top of pecking order. Your post is an insult to the many who have had extremely long wait times and suffered the complete agony of being separated, frustrated and battle worn.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
:rofl:

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
That's fantastic! All the best in the next stages of your visajourney. They (the next stages) will probably not be so quick and easy. So, gird your loins because once you're back on American soil the USCIS Immigration Officers will probably give ya hell! :devil:

Good luck! :thumbs:

Why would you say that? Why would they give them hell?

To the OP, glad that you had an easy time with the process. Sorry that happy stories are not as welcome here as much as drama filled negative posts.

Seriously??? I'm pretty sure you participated in the thread where we were posting good stories and it was all rainbows and unicorns.

When I read a post like this....I do find it rather like a big FU seeing as my husband was in A/P for a year and half alone! We were separated for 4 years going through a waiver process that could have been prevented if our then attorney had been doing his job!!!!

I can definitely see it as hurtful to those that are and have experienced LONG processing times.

MoFlair.jpgbadsign.jpgfaris.jpgpassport.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I have a feeling OP was just trying to give encouragement - esp to people who are newer in their journeys. I'm sure she didn't mean to upset anyone. I mean, she did say her heart goes out to everyone and mentioned praying for us...

This is exactly why I decided not to post a separate thread when my husband's ROC was approved... I didn't want anyone who was still waiting to think I was rubbing it into their faces or anything. I am very happy that our journey hasn't been worse than it has, and it makes me sad that some people have to wait longer or go through BS. Even the shortest separation is difficult, and even the 'smoothest' journey is expensive, time consuming, and stressful. I really wish NO ONE had to wait more than a few months to be together. :(

There have been times I've posted about how things went relatively smooth and quickly for us, and hope I never upset anyone... I only was letting people know that it CAN be less of a hassle, because hearing some of the stories I've heard can be scary. Especially when you're dealing with certain countries... I know when we first sent the K-1 packet, we posted in a panic all of the time. It's been a few years, but I still remember the feeling that it would take forever, and/or we'd get permanently denied or something. It's not easy sometimes to encourage some without upsetting others.

venusfire

met online May 2006

visited him in Morocco July 2006

K-1 petition sent late September 2006 after second visit

December 2006 - third trip - went for his visa interview (stood outside all day)

visa approved! arrived here together right before Christmas 2006

married January 2007

AOS paperwork sent February 2007

RFE (yipee)

another RFE (yikes)

AOS approval July 2007

sent Removal of Conditions paperwork 01 May 2009

received I-751 NOA 14 May 2009

received ASC appt. notice 28 May 2009

biometrics appt. 12 June 2009

I-751 approval date 25 Sept 2009 (no updates on the system - still says 'received'/"initial review")

19 Oct 2009 - got text message "card production ordered"

24 Oct 2009 - actual card in the mail box!

sent his N-400 - 14 May 2010

check cashed 27 May 2010

NOA received 29 May 2010 (dated 24 May)

Biometrics Appointment Letter received 17 June 2010

Biometrics scheduled for 08 July 2010; walk-in successfully done in Philadelphia 07 July 2010

02 Oct 2010 - FINALLY got email saying the case was being transferred to the local office. Hoping to get his interview letter soon...

05 Oct 2010 - received interview letter!!!!

08 November 2010 - scheduled for N-400 interview

- went together for interview; file isn't there - need to wait to be rescheduled

Jan 2011 - went for Infopass

25 Feb 2011 - interview

19 April 2011 - Infopass

8 July 2011 - HE'S FINALLY A CITIZEN - WOO HOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

30 July 2011 - citizenship party

I have a feeling OP was just trying to give encouragement - esp to people who are newer in their journeys. I'm sure she didn't mean to upset anyone. I mean, she did say her heart goes out to everyone and mentioned praying for us...

This is exactly why I decided not to post a separate thread when my husband's ROC was approved... I didn't want anyone who was still waiting to think I was rubbing it into their faces or anything. I am very happy that our journey hasn't been worse than it has, and it makes me sad that some people have to wait longer or go through BS. Even the shortest separation is difficult, and even the 'smoothest' journey is expensive, time consuming, and stressful. I really wish NO ONE had to wait more than a few months to be together. :(

There have been times I've posted about how things went relatively smooth and quickly for us, and hope I never upset anyone... I only was letting people know that it CAN be less of a hassle, because hearing some of the stories I've heard can be scary. Especially when you're dealing with certain countries... I know when we first sent the K-1 packet, we posted in a panic all of the time. It's been a few years, but I still remember the feeling that it would take forever, and/or we'd get permanently denied or something. It's not easy sometimes to encourage some without upsetting others.

venusfire

:thumbs: That is how I took the OP's post as well...and I agree with what you said. Reading the stories on here, before our interview, I was telling my husband, "It's virtually a 100% chance you're gonna get AP, so we have to prepare to be apart ANOTHER year or two..." We did not have AP. I regret the time and stress I wasted being so worried about it. So I don't see why people should get mad at someone that posts a good story...or take it personal when someone says they have a good outcome. It's a shame that the OP has to be attacked.

Timeline
Hi,

This is my first post,even though I have been reading since I lived in Egypt.I just wanted to tell you my heart goes out to you all.I read your stories and hear the frustration you all our living with.I was one of the lucky ones,my husband and I had such a smooth process,yes,out of Cairo.We never received one RFE and no ap/ar.He received his visa 5 days after interview.I was lucky to have the advantage of living in Egypt for the entire process.I am so sad for you that have been away from each other for so long.Your day will come!I pray for you all!

Take care

Hi,

This is my first post here even though I have been reading the entire time I was living in Egypt and going through the cr1 with my husband.My question is I will not take my husbands last name as this is customary in Egypt.Woman retain there maiden name for the duration of marriage,of course if I wanted to I could.I am not wanting to do this because I am a self employed in my own buisness and my name is my credential.Will this have any impact on my husbands lifting of conditions when that time comes?

Thanks

:wacko: soon you will learn to count and you won't be a n00b any more!

:whistle::rofl:

Nobody is against happy stories here, and Staashi was merely goofing off. But to post this same thing twice in 2 different places seems to be a bit of bragging to me. I hope it wasn't intended that way.

I don't get it sometimes however. Why is it when someone is teasing they get slammed? Perhaps some people aren't as happy as they claim. :whistle: But no, you can't join the bad wives club unless you can admit you are miserable. No exceptions. :P

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline

venusfire

Actually, starting a thread about your husband's ROC being approved is totally fine. We are here to celebrate your's and all the ladies' successes. I think that many people's issue with all of this is how someone did something so innocently and yet ended up rubbing everyone's face in it.

I actually thought when I saw the title of this thread that it was about some dude who married an American woman for greencard fraud - easy street. That's where my mind went - but that's just me. :whistle::lol:

Timeline
Nobody is against happy stories here, and Staashi was merely goofing off. But to post this same thing twice in 2 different places seems to be a bit of bragging to me. I hope it wasn't intended that way.

I don't get it sometimes however. Why is it when someone is teasing they get slammed? Perhaps some people aren't as happy as they claim. :whistle: But no, you can't join the bad wives club unless you can admit you are miserable. No exceptions. :P

Maybe some people don't realize they're teasing? It's not always easy to know what someone was thinking when they posted. My kids put me through the ringer with things, so I'm used to overexplaining (one reason my posts are too long?). We actually have a house rule - "don't be a lawyer". I imagine sometimes people still read things differently than I post them, though. I try to assume that people have the best intentions.

(I'm joking now) Can I be part of the bad wives club? I'm usually pretty happy (other than dealing with my ex, my life is pretty good - the ex does a good job of making me miserable sometimes, though), but my husband DOES call me bad bad wife sometimes (he's joking)...

Besides, if you read one of the other threads, I'm doomed. My husband has his 10 year card coming in the mail soon, but I think he'll at least want to wait another year for citizenship. Then all bets are off. :jest:

venusfire ^_^

met online May 2006

December 2006 - third trip - went for his visa interview (stood outside all day)

married January 2007

RFE (yipee)

another RFE (yikes)

AOS approval July 2007

I-751 approval date 25 Sept 2009 (no updates on the system - still says 'received'/"initial review")

check cashed 27 May 2010

Biometrics scheduled for 08 July 2010; walk-in successfully done in Philadelphia 07 July 2010

02 Oct 2010 - FINALLY got email saying the case was being transferred to the local office. Hoping to get his interview letter soon...

- went together for interview; file isn't there - need to wait to be rescheduled

25 Feb 2011 - interview

19 April 2011 - Infopass

Timeline

Maybe some people don't realize they're teasing? It's not always easy to know what someone was thinking when they posted. My kids put me through the ringer with things, so I'm used to overexplaining (one reason my posts are too long?). We actually have a house rule - "don't be a lawyer". I imagine sometimes people still read things differently than I post them, though. I try to assume that people have the best intentions.

(I'm joking now) Can I be part of the bad wives club? I'm usually pretty happy (other than dealing with my ex, my life is pretty good - the ex does a good job of making me miserable sometimes, though), but my husband DOES call me bad bad wife sometimes (he's joking)...

Besides, if you read one of the other threads, I'm doomed. My husband has his 10 year card coming in the mail soon, but I think he'll at least want to wait another year for citizenship. Then all bets are off. :jest:

venusfire ^_^

Hmmm....perhaps we should start a "bad EX wives club". You could qualify for that. :P But I suspect your too nice to be on the bad wives club. We need more proof. Complain girl complain. :dance:

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Timeline
Hmmm....perhaps we should start a "bad EX wives club". You could qualify for that. :P But I suspect your too nice to be on the bad wives club. We need more proof. Complain girl complain. :dance:

Morocco4ever,

:blush: (I do try to be nice....but now I'm blushing)

I could definitely be in the bad ex wives club - I could complain about my ex non-stop. It's hard to complain about my husband - not only is he really nice, but after all those miserable years with the ex, it's hard to find anything worth complaining about now!

venusfire

P.S. LOVE your quote about life, by the way!

Edited by venusfire503

met online May 2006

married January 2007

RFE (yipee)

another RFE (yikes)

AOS approval July 2007

check cashed 27 May 2010

25 Feb 2011 - interview

19 April 2011 - Infopass

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Syria
Timeline
That's fantastic! All the best in the next stages of your visajourney. They (the next stages) will probably not be so quick and easy. So, gird your loins because once you're back on American soil the USCIS Immigration Officers will probably give ya hell! :devil:

Good luck! :thumbs:

Why would you say that? Why would they give them hell?

To the OP, glad that you had an easy time with the process. Sorry that happy stories are not as welcome here as much as drama filled negative posts.

Actually, happy stories are welcome on VJ - and I've supported almost everyone that I've read. Moreover, I said in a joking manner that the IOs would give them hell on the back end of their Visa Journey, which is not uncommon. Typically, people who have an easy go with their Visa process, have one heck of a time adjusting status, removing conditions or anything else that might come up. Those that have a difficult time with their visa process rarely encounter too many issues with the other steps. That has been my observation. :thumbs:

this is exactally what happened to us. everything was right on the money during the visa. he spent one week on AP and it all caught up to us at AOS. he spent 3 years in name check...so u r correct in what u observed.

venusfire

Actually, starting a thread about your husband's ROC being approved is totally fine. We are here to celebrate your's and all the ladies' successes. I think that many people's issue with all of this is how someone did something so innocently and yet ended up rubbing everyone's face in it.

I actually thought when I saw the title of this thread that it was about some dude who married an American woman for greencard fraud - easy street. That's where my mind went - but that's just me. :whistle::lol:

great minds think alike, you weren't the only one...lol

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.