trdc3lica

Contact representative at this point?

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi guys,

I was wondering whether it would be worth it to contact my representative at this point. I filed for K1 in mid May and the 5 month time-frame

is almost over. If I hadn't been following Igor's list and VJ I'd wait until the 5 months were up. But seeing so many people who applied after me getting their NOA2's before me is disconcerting. If you check Igors list for CSC, of the last 20 approvals 14 have been from June filers. I haven't so much as received a touch since the initial NOA1 mid-may.

So, is it a good idea to get the congressman involved this early?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

05/15/09 - Sent in I-129F

05/19/09 - Received NOA1

10/08/09 - NOA2 Approved

Timeline

Also, the congressman requires I submit a Privacy Act Release form. On this form it asks for my case number. So far I've only received the NOA1 and there is no case number listed. Should I put the Receipt Number (WAC----) as my case number?

05/19/09 - Received NOA1

10/08/09 - NOA2 Approved

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

They wont talk about it until the 5 months has transpired. calling Congressman or senator will not help yet..

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
Also, the congressman requires I submit a Privacy Act Release form. On this form it asks for my case number. So far I've only received the NOA1 and there is no case number listed. Should I put the Receipt Number (WAC----) as my case number?

I included my WAC# and my congressman was ready to help me within 3 months. They did not have a problem. It really depends on your representative. But, like I said earlier even before the letter reached them I got an update on my status. So, I called them and updated them what happend and told me I can call them back once I submit my RFE. The case worker was very helpful. Some people on VJ have contacted them early and it has helped. It is your call, but me personally I would not wait. It really does not hurt to try.

Edited by Starlight95

Timeline
They wont talk about it until the 5 months has transpired. calling Congressman or senator will not help yet..

It really depends on your representative, as some are ready to help you when they know that others around the same timeline have gotten approved and you are still waiting.

Timeline

It really depends on your representative, as some are ready to help you when they know that others around the same timeline have gotten approved and you are still waiting.

Okay thanks guys. I guess I will mail him in the morning.

05/19/09 - Received NOA1

10/08/09 - NOA2 Approved

Timeline

I still have my letter saved. Let me know if you need ideas to type it, or want to know the format.

Timeline

I still have my letter saved. Let me know if you need ideas to type it, or want to know the format.

Hehehe... Sure! I was just about to start writing it when I checked this forum again. It'll save me a lot of time if I have a template which I can use. I'll pm you. Thanks

05/19/09 - Received NOA1

10/08/09 - NOA2 Approved

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
Hi guys,

I was wondering whether it would be worth it to contact my representative at this point. I filed for K1 in mid May and the 5 month time-frame

is almost over. If I hadn't been following Igor's list and VJ I'd wait until the 5 months were up. But seeing so many people who applied after me getting their NOA2's before me is disconcerting. If you check Igors list for CSC, of the last 20 approvals 14 have been from June filers. I haven't so much as received a touch since the initial NOA1 mid-may.

I'd wait until the 5 months were up.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Hi guys,

hello it was 4 months for me and every one was pasting me, i called uscis in cali two times and getting no where with them, i called my congressman, she called me back right away and had me fill out that same form, i gave my wac.........# as soon as she got it she called and emailed them that same day, i was touch that day and them touch the next day which turn out they gave me my approvel, so my congress person help, i did explain to her that ppl after me were getting approved and i wasnt even touch, she was upset about this so make sure u tell them about how many ppl after u got approvel letter, i pick this congress person cause i voted for him and i made sure she new i voted for him and i fully support him , the lady i was talking to, work in his office and she only deals with immg. so let them know that u r going threw cali give them all information u can cause that will help. so my advise is go for it, whats there to lose. they tell u to wait 5 months point well u will have a head start, good luck

You will probably have to wait. USCIS will just tell your representative you are within processing times. Unfortunately, people from countries like your fiance's can take a while with background checks. Heck, we are from a peaceful country and our NOA2 took 6 1/2 months.

------- ROC ---------------

06.29.2011 Mailed I-751

09.22.2011 RFE

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
You will probably have to wait. USCIS will just tell your representative you are within processing times. Unfortunately, people from countries like your fiance's can take a while with background checks. Heck, we are from a peaceful country and our NOA2 took 6 1/2 months.

And you we're in the US in 7.5 months....I wouldn't be crying either, most people arent so lucky

=================

K1 Section

=================

Sent I-129F - 03/25/2009

Visa in Hand -11/23/2009

US Entry - 11/26/2009

Wedding - 12/26/2009

=================

AOS Section

=================

AOS, EAD, AP Forms Sent - 01/06/2010

Biometrics - 02/11/2010

EAD/AP Approved - 02/23/2010

--------------------------------

Ceremonial Wedding - 06/17/2010

Timeline
Hi guys,

hello it was 4 months for me and every one was pasting me, i called uscis in cali two times and getting no where with them, i called my congressman, she called me back right away and had me fill out that same form, i gave my wac.........# as soon as she got it she called and emailed them that same day, i was touch that day and them touch the next day which turn out they gave me my approvel, so my congress person help, i did explain to her that ppl after me were getting approved and i wasnt even touch, she was upset about this so make sure u tell them about how many ppl after u got approvel letter, i pick this congress person cause i voted for him and i made sure she new i voted for him and i fully support him , the lady i was talking to, work in his office and she only deals with immg. so let them know that u r going threw cali give them all information u can cause that will help. so my advise is go for it, whats there to lose. they tell u to wait 5 months point well u will have a head start, good luck

That's awesome. I've written the letter (actually just modified Starlight95's), and plan on sending it out tomorrow. What's the worst that could happen? If anything, maybe I'll be as fortunate as you!

Thanks

05/19/09 - Received NOA1

10/08/09 - NOA2 Approved

Timeline

I can sort of understand how Pakistan has a bad rep in the world. But what sort of background check would they be running on her right now? I could be wrong, but doesn't the background check on her begin after NOA2? That's when they ask for the police certificates and what not. I thought that at this point they'd be running background checks on me.

05/19/09 - Received NOA1

10/08/09 - NOA2 Approved

I can sort of understand how Pakistan has a bad rep in the world. But what sort of background check would they be running on her right now? I could be wrong, but doesn't the background check on her begin after NOA2? That's when they ask for the police certificates and what not. I thought that at this point they'd be running background checks on me.

USCIS runs checks on the petitioner and beneficiary. Then, after NOA2, NVC runs another set of name checks on the beneficiary using a different database. When the approved petition arrives at the consulate, they run a further set of name checks on the beneficiary. If at any point in this process a check doesn't return an immediate "NO RECORD," an officer must manually compare the database to the biographical info provided in your petition to rule out a match. Hence, you can get delayed at any one of these steps in the process.

Edited by Stephen + Elisha

Improved USCIS Form G-325A (Biographic Information)

Form field input font changed to allow entry of dates in the specified format and to provide more space for addresses and employment history. This is the 6/12/09 version of the form; the current version is 8/8/11, but previous versions are accepted per the USCIS forms page.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.