firdaus

whats in the envelope

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

hey all my fiancee received her visa in the mial...but she said there is an envelope were they told her not to open...whats in the envelope???? and the visa itself is that attached in the passport or is that in the envelope..and when and who opens the envelope????thanksss

Frankfurt will send your fiancé a large envelope - she should open this, inside she will find her passport (which has the visa in it) and another envelope that says "Do Not Open" - she should (obviously I hope) NOT open this envelope. This Do Not Open envelope is to be carried with her on her flight to the US and will be taken by the CBP officer at her POE (Port of Entry).

Reminder: Do Not Open this envelope. (FYI - there's nothing in the envelope that either of you have not already seen before.)

Edited by Otto und Karin

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
hey all my fiancee received her visa in the mial...but she said there is an envelope were they told her not to open...whats in the envelope???? and the visa itself is that attached in the passport or is that in the envelope..and when and who opens the envelope????thanksss

Does anyone know if a person can return to the embassy to get there visa and envelope instead of having it mailed. We are going through Casablanca.

“You cannot enter heaven until you believe, and you will not truly believe until you (truly) love one another.” [Muslim, Al-Iman (Faith); 93]

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Zambia
Timeline

The unopened envelop will go to USCIS, and need to be in their file when she applies for her green card and work permit. Among other things, there is the result of her medical exam and vaccinations, which the US will accept ONLY if the envelop has not been tampered with.

Due to a probable difference in Morocco's postal system, the consulate in Casablanca may allow someone to pick up their package or insist that the beneficiary pay for a secured delivery service. You'd have to ask.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

they make you do all this work then just give you a envelope and tell you dont open this. This is like giving a kid a present and telling them they cant open it I want to open it!!! I hope I can wait when I get mine!!!

Oct. 2008 met Sa on Thaikisses and started chatting

Nov. Started daily phone calls

Dec. 2008 started dating (Boyfriend/ Girlfriend)

May 5, 2009 May 11, 2009 Trip to Thailand

July 2009 Engaged

Aug 2009 started I-129F

Sept 22, 2009 mailed I-129F

Sept 24, 2009 check cashed

Sept 24, 2009 NOA 1 Dated

Sept 27, 2009 NOA 1 received (Hardcopy)

Dec. 18, 2009 NOA 2 Dated(no email)

Dec. 24, 2009 NOA 2 Hardcopy

Dec. 28, 2009 NVC received but not sent to Embassy

Dec. 28, 2009 Sa maied Packet 3 to Embassy

Dec. 29, 2009 NVC forward to Bangkok, Embassy. Tracking by DHL

Jan. 03, 2010 Received by Bangkok Embassy

Jan. 06, 2010 Received email from embassy interview is set for Jan22.

Jan. 22, 2010 Interview at BKK Embassy passed

Jan. 27, 2010 Picked up Visa

Its not about how you pick your nose its what you do with the booger!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

oh, and remember, most likely there will be a white page with all the relevant info concerning her and you attached to the brown envelope. Do not remove this page! when I checked in for the flight, the flight attendant at the gate wanted to this envelope to compare it with the visa sticker in my passport. make sure your fiancee wraps it up in clear foil (document protection thingies will do) and have her ready to present it when she checks in.

10-10-2008: I-130 Sent

11-14-2008: NOA1

01-13-2009: Transfer to CSC

01-30-2009: APPROVED!!!!!!!!!

02-04-2009: NOA2 in mail

04-14-2009: medical

05-14-2009: Interview

05-15-2009: picked up visa

05-24-2009: PoE: Miami

06-04-2009: received 2 ! welcome letters

06-08-2009: received 3rd welcome letter

06-25-2009: Greencard in mail

07-06-2009: received SSN

07-13-2009: got my DL!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

The visa is in the passport. The passport is inside a large envelope which YOU open. Inside the envelope is another fairly large envelope you do NOT open. VJ commissioned a study of the contents of this myterious envelope and after many months of clandestined research and sneaking around subway tunnels in a trench coat in Prague, Moscow, Budapest and Warsaw (and other intriquing sounding cold-war locations) our esteemed member Bobby_Umit determined the contents of the envelope include .....MAGIC POPCORN!!!!

The secret envelope gets opened at the POE, the winner is announced and hopefully Kanye West is nowhere nearby to take the spotlight from your fiancee.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

My husband just got his visa through Casablanca and they didn't mail it, they gave it to him the next day after his interview. They told him to come by the embassy. I know Morocco is different and from what I see on here most people through Morocco are advised to pick up their visas at the embassy

Casandra and Aziz's Timeline
03/26/07 - Received my first call from Aziz
07/21/07 - 1st trip
12/14/07 - 2nd visit to Morocco
05/20/08 - 3rd visit to Morocco
07/10/08 - Married in Morocco
02/15/09 - 4th trip to Morocco

05/12/12 - 1st trip to Morocco together

CR1 Visa Journey
10/06/08 - Sent I-130 Packet
10/09/08 - Received NOA1
04/24/09 - Approval Notice Sent for I-130
07/13/09 - Informed by NVC Casa consulate busy***wait for September interview
07/27/09 - Received appointment letter from NVC WOHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
09/14/09 - CR1 interview in Casa @ 8:00 am ******APPROVED******
09/15/09 - Visa in Hand
11/07/09 - Travel to US
11/27/09 - Received greencard
ROC
10/21/11 - Sent I-751 package
10/24/11 - USCIS receives the package
10/31/11 - NOA1 received
11/18/11 - Biometrics Interview in JAX
06/27/12 - Approval Notice sent

N-400

09/21/13 - Application filed

09/26/13 - NOA received

10/24/13 - Biometics apt

12/12/13 - Interview date

01/01/14 - Approval notice sent

03/27/14 - Oath ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.