SomedaySomehow

Question about Medical - St. Luke's

27 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Ok I a really concerned now .... my fiance just got done at St. Luke's and went through the first part of the medical .... my concern is they told her to come back on October 28 ... 5 days from now ...

I am concerned here ... I thought they returned the following day for the vaccination? Should we be worried about the Chest X-ray .... they didn't tell her anything was wrong ... they just said come back on October 28 ... only question they asked her is if she have fever ... but I think I read that they always ask this ...

I am sooo worried now as I was under the assumption that this was a 2 day medical ... being today than tomorrow ... or is this normal to go back 5 days later again?

Thanks so much for any help!

Met: November 05, 2008

Met in Cebu first time: March 27, 2009

Engaged: March 29, 2009

Filed K1 Fiance Visa : April 15, 2009

Fly to the US Finally: October 10, 2009

Married : November 07, 2009

Pregnant YAY : Baby due July 03, 2010 :)

File AOS/EAD/Travel: February 26, 2010

EAD/Travel approved: April 26, 2010

Our Baby Boy Born: June 24, 2010

AOS approved YAY! Green Card Received October 4, 2010

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
Ok I a really concerned now .... my fiance just got done at St. Luke's and went through the first part of the medical .... my concern is they told her to come back on October 28 ... 5 days from now ...

I am concerned here ... I thought they returned the following day for the vaccination? Should we be worried about the Chest X-ray .... they didn't tell her anything was wrong ... they just said come back on October 28 ... only question they asked her is if she have fever ... but I think I read that they always ask this ...

I am sooo worried now as I was under the assumption that this was a 2 day medical ... being today than tomorrow ... or is this normal to go back 5 days later again?

im not sure why the delay in the philippines but to make you at peace, im a nurse, and sometimes there are laboratory test that requires days before the result is release,if she wasnt required to have another laboratory test, its fine.

just wait for her next appointment, they will surely tell why the delay...

goodluck

October????

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Timeline

Ahhh sorry I mean she was asked to return Monday Sept 28 .... another worry is her interview is October 2 .... and we were suppose to have the medical completed 1 week prior to the Interview ....

What confuses me is she wasn't asked to do that 3 day spetum or anything and they never told here about any problems ... so I don't understand why she was asked to go back 5 days later instead of tomorrow

Ahhh sorry I mean she was asked to return Monday Sept 28 .... another worry is her interview is October 2 .... and we were suppose to have the medical completed 1 week prior to the Interview ....

What confuses me is she wasn't asked to do that 3 day spetum or anything and they never told here about any problems ... so I don't understand why she was asked to go back 5 days later instead of tomorrow

New one for me and I've seen a LOT. Maybe something to do with the swine flu since they asked about fever. That shouldn't make a difference tho.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

October????

Sometimes can have false positive results. Maybe some portion of the lab work was borderline positive. Could be any number of things. They probably wanted to allow enough time for re-testing for some inconclusive result. Maybe they saw something like some phantom spot on her lung and needed a doctor to review it first to get a professional interpretation.

Did she go today? What other tests did she undergo? They took blood from me for HIV screening...how long does that take?

I was there today too. :) Although our daughter and I didn't arrive till 8:00 a.m. We finished around 1pm, not bad.

Since Pippo (our daughter, she is 10) had primary complex when she was little, they gave us a choice:

- either come back the next day and bring a medical certificate from her pediatrician detailing how she was treated, and then she would need a chest x-ray; OR

- have the TB Skin Test (TST) done, get the results on Friday (no choice, it's a 72-hour wait no matter how you slice it). If they are negative, then nothing else needs to be done...she can proceed with immunizations.

We went with the TST. Going back there on Friday...I really, really hope nothing else needs to be done. Wish us luck!

Be smart, have a plan, and hang on to the people you love. - Chris Gardner

N-400 Timeline

02-23-2018: Sent N-400 Application online

02-23-2018: Date on NOA, retrieved from online account

02-23-2018: Date on Biometrics Appointment Letter (Biometrics Appointment at Jacksonville ASC on March 13, 10:00 a.m.)

03-08-2018: Biometrics complete

04-05-2018: Case status updated - Interview Scheduled on May 10, 2018, 10:15 a.m. :D

05-10-2018: Citizenship Interview - Passed English and Civics Tests, Recommended for Approval! :D 

06-19-2018: Received email and text notification: Naturalization Ceremony Scheduled; waited for letter to be uploaded on online account - it has been set on Wednesday, July 25, 3:00 p.m.

07-25-2018: I am now a U.S. Citizen!

K3-K4 Journey.txt

Did she go today? What other tests did she undergo? They took blood from me for HIV screening...how long does that take?

I was there today too. :) Although our daughter and I didn't arrive till 8:00 a.m. We finished around 1pm, not bad.

Since Pippo (our daughter, she is 10) had primary complex when she was little, they gave us a choice:

- either come back the next day and bring a medical certificate from her pediatrician detailing how she was treated, and then she would need a chest x-ray; OR

- have the TB Skin Test (TST) done, get the results on Friday (no choice, it's a 72-hour wait no matter how you slice it). If they are negative, then nothing else needs to be done...she can proceed with immunizations.

We went with the TST. Going back there on Friday...I really, really hope nothing else needs to be done. Wish us luck!

My anak had PC naman and had 2 xrays. 2 days total for both wife and anak. If the TST is positive. What's next then?

Edited by Haole

!! ALL PAU!

Timeline

Yup she was there today .... I am not sure what all the tests she had to do ... I know she had the chest xray and they with drew blood .... than was asked to return on October 28 for release and vaccinations ....

I was there today as well to have my medical.. I was asked to go back tomorrow for my vaccines. Too bad, I don't recognize your face Marriedtomrg and Somedaysomehow. I arrived at like 11:45 AM and I was out at St Lukes at 3:11 PM. I had a very smooth medical examination. (God has been with me always!)

My question is, do they normally return the passport on the first day?

and if they asked you to have the vaccines, does this mean I passed the medical? :wacko:

Edited by LÜvtechwifey

F2A

Petitioner (My Mom)

Beneficiary (My Sister 18 y.o)

06-07-19- Sent I-130

06-11-19- NOA1

02-19-20- "Initial Review, Transferred to another Visa Center"

03-11-20- APPROVED!!!

Timeline

Ahhh being you went today as well and were asked to go back tomorrow already for the vaccinations has me even more worried now .... what possibly could they want to until the 28 for her :(

The one thing I thought about is her not having any past medical records have something to do with it? I really don't know ... the thing that bothers me is if they suspect something is not right why not tell her that ... but they didn't say anything ... they just gave her the passport back and was told to return on October 28.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
I was there today as well to have my medical.. I was asked to go back tomorrow for my vaccines. Too bad, I don't recognize your face Marriedtomrg and Somedaysomehow. I arrived at like 11:45 AM and I was out at St Lukes at 3:11 PM. I had a very smooth medical examination. (God has been with me always!)

and if they asked you to have the vaccines, does this mean I passed the medical? :wacko:

Yes. Dont forget to bring your passport tomorrow.

God bless us.

xoxo

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
Ahhh being you went today as well and were asked to go back tomorrow already for the vaccinations has me even more worried now .... what possibly could they want to until the 28 for her :(

The one thing I thought about is her not having any past medical records have something to do with it? I really don't know ... the thing that bothers me is if they suspect something is not right why not tell her that ... but they didn't say anything ... they just gave her the passport back and was told to return on October 28.

hmmm, Im confused. Why 28. . :unsure: It should be the next day, even if she have a problem with her lungs.

Hi LÜvtechwifey!

Sayang! (That's too bad!) I wasn't planning to be there today, really. The thing is, my period hasn't arrived yet (possibly due to stress)...I was planning to do the medical next week (October 1), but we were afraid that my period would show up all of a sudden. So I had to make a decision...Pippo (our daughter) and I went today to get it started. Which is probably a good thing, since she had to do the TST.

Yup, they don't get the passport on the first day. They just use it to cross-reference the information you put there, and I guess to match it against the digital photo they took of us earlier. And yes, when you are given the vaccines without further testing, you've passed. :)

We were there from about 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. We were asked to return on Friday for the results of Pippo's TST, as well as the results of my exam. Ours was pretty smooth too. We took the longest at the Physical Examination room...have a lot of medical history eh. :D Every where else was practically speedy. Impressive, actually...considering the volume of people there.

Edited by marriedtomrg

Be smart, have a plan, and hang on to the people you love. - Chris Gardner

N-400 Timeline

02-23-2018: Sent N-400 Application online

02-23-2018: Date on NOA, retrieved from online account

02-23-2018: Date on Biometrics Appointment Letter (Biometrics Appointment at Jacksonville ASC on March 13, 10:00 a.m.)

03-08-2018: Biometrics complete

04-05-2018: Case status updated - Interview Scheduled on May 10, 2018, 10:15 a.m. :D

05-10-2018: Citizenship Interview - Passed English and Civics Tests, Recommended for Approval! :D 

06-19-2018: Received email and text notification: Naturalization Ceremony Scheduled; waited for letter to be uploaded on online account - it has been set on Wednesday, July 25, 3:00 p.m.

07-25-2018: I am now a U.S. Citizen!

K3-K4 Journey.txt

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.