SomedaySomehow

Question about Medical - St. Luke's

27 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Ahhh being you went today as well and were asked to go back tomorrow already for the vaccinations has me even more worried now .... what possibly could they want to until the 28 for her :(

The one thing I thought about is her not having any past medical records have something to do with it? I really don't know ... the thing that bothers me is if they suspect something is not right why not tell her that ... but they didn't say anything ... they just gave her the passport back and was told to return on October 28.

hmmm, Im confused. Why 28. . :unsure: It should be the next day, even if she have a problem with her lungs.

Ya I am confused as well ... she said they looked at her Chest X-Ray when she was in the room ... but didn't say there was any problems ... the only problem she really had is she has some eye sight issues .... she needs glasses or contacts at some point ... but I don't see this delaying the medical any ... like I said they didn't say there was any problems ... and she wasn't asked to do the 3 day spectum test .. which is usually what would delay the second day I believe.

They asked her a few questions like, have you ever have bad cough cough ... she said no not cough cough like that but before have like cold and cough. Than they asked her if she has ever had a abortion .... has she had sex since her last period ... when was her last period .. they asked if she has any relatives that have had a medical at St. Luke's Extension clinic before ( Which she answered Yes ... her cousin is here now ... that is how her and I met ) ... than they asked if she has ever been to St. Luke's before for any medical issues ...

I am sure there are more they asked her ... those are the ones I remember her telling me anyway ...

My stomach is in such a knot right now ... this whole process seems to be full of unknown's, delays and just plain worries ... we want nothing more than to just be together and get married and start our life together.

Like someone else posted before in a thread ... we have millions of illegeals here in the US that don't go through this, but yet we do this the right legal way and have to go through all this. Just so frustrated right now ... they could at least tell her the reason why she has to wait 5 days to go back.

The good thing is it sounded like they said she would get her release papers and vaccinations on the 28, but why she can't do that tomorrow is what I don't understand :(

Thanks to those who have posted.

Met: November 05, 2008

Met in Cebu first time: March 27, 2009

Engaged: March 29, 2009

Filed K1 Fiance Visa : April 15, 2009

Fly to the US Finally: October 10, 2009

Married : November 07, 2009

Pregnant YAY : Baby due July 03, 2010 :)

File AOS/EAD/Travel: February 26, 2010

EAD/Travel approved: April 26, 2010

Our Baby Boy Born: June 24, 2010

AOS approved YAY! Green Card Received October 4, 2010

Did she go today? What other tests did she undergo? They took blood from me for HIV screening...how long does that take?

I was there today too. :) Although our daughter and I didn't arrive till 8:00 a.m. We finished around 1pm, not bad.

Since Pippo (our daughter, she is 10) had primary complex when she was little, they gave us a choice:

- either come back the next day and bring a medical certificate from her pediatrician detailing how she was treated, and then she would need a chest x-ray; OR

- have the TB Skin Test (TST) done, get the results on Friday (no choice, it's a 72-hour wait no matter how you slice it). If they are negative, then nothing else needs to be done...she can proceed with immunizations.

We went with the TST. Going back there on Friday...I really, really hope nothing else needs to be done. Wish us luck!

Yup she was there today .... I am not sure what all the tests she had to do ... I know she had the chest xray and they with drew blood .... than was asked to return on October 28 for release and vaccinations ....

if they said "for release and vaccination" then your fiancee passed...i hope she heard the date right though.it's also possible that whoever told her to come back gave her the wrong return date...if not, then looks like her results just happened to take longer than normal so don't worry .

anyway, this is the reason why people are told that having the medical one week before the interview is ok but not really ideal.

again, don't worry. just have her attend the interview, when she's done with that, the embassy will wait for the medical results and then issue the visa.

good luck and god bless!

I-129F, AOS, ROC

02-11-2008 Sent out I -129F in mail

02-13-2008 NOA 1

03-14-2008 NOA 2

04-07-2008 Medical exam passed

04-25-2008 Interview, visa aproved, no RFEs!

04-25-2008 Waiting for DELBROS/NSO

05-07-2008 Visa on hand ! Wow, less than 3 months! Thank you Lord!

05-26-2008 POE Detroit, no problems, thank God!

07-01-2008 Married 07-01-08, civil, just us w/ his parents

07-16-2008 Mailed out AOS package

07-19-2008 wedding ceremony

08-19-2008 biometrics appointment

08-25-2008 i-485 touched

09-23-2008 i-485 touched

09-30-2008 i-131 approval notice THANK YOU LORD!!!!

10-04-2008 Received my EAD

10-06-2008 Received my AP...yehey, i can go back to Phil for xmas!

11-14-2008 DMV driving test-passed! thank you Lord!

11-18-2008 Received RI driver's license

11-30-2008 Went home to PHILs for the holidays

12-21-2008 Church wedding!

01-08-2009 AOS Approved! thank you Lord! no interview required!

01-16-2009 Received GC in mail

09-02-2010 Sent out application for ROC

09-08-2010 Received NOA1

09-10-2010 Received Biometrics Notice

10-06-2010 Biometrics

12-06-2010 Approved! Thank you Lord God!

12-11-2010 Received NOA2 and 10-yr GC in the mail =)

N-400

10-03-2011 Sent N-400

10-07-2011 NOA1 date

10-25-2011 Biometrics

12-02-2011 Civics Test/Interview (passed)

04-09-2012 Oathtaking (got my little USA flag and souvenir photo!)

Matthew at 1yr

DSCF6924-2.jpg[/img]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi, I think you have no worries.. Dane went for the first day exam last thursday... but she told me that there was many mant people there... so after a long day on thursday they told her to come back tuesday..(5 days) well that was yesterday she got her immunization..4 shots... was a little sore afterwards... but passed with flying colors... also...as a side note she was suffering from a cold and coughing at the time too... but still everything was ok... and also she asked why tuesday and was told it was because of the large amount of people that were expected on monday and friday... so rest easy....

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

I-129F Sent : 2009-03-28

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-04-07

I-129F RFE(s) : Thanks to VJ NONE!!!!!

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-08-24

NVC Received : 2009-08-26

NVC Left : 2009-10-06 41 days of AP at NVC

Consulate Received : 2009-10-08

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date : 2009-11-10

Visa Received : 2009-11-17

US Entry : 2009-11-21

Marriage : 2009-12-18 Married!!!!!!

Comments : INTERVIEW PASSED!!!!!!!!!

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 139 days from your NOA1 date.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi, I think you have no worries.. Dane went for the first day exam last thursday... but she told me that there was many mant people there... so after a long day on thursday they told her to come back tuesday..(5 days) well that was yesterday she got her immunization..4 shots... was a little sore afterwards... but passed with flying colors... also...as a side note she was suffering from a cold and coughing at the time too... but still everything was ok... and also she asked why tuesday and was told it was because of the large amount of people that were expected on monday and friday... so rest easy....

Ahhh ok this makes me feel better ... thank you so much for posting that ... because this is essentially what she told me on the phone after her medical... well the part they told her to go back on Monday and would have 4 shots and get her release papers. It was hard to hear her on the phone because of the manila traffic but I tried to catch as much as I could of what she was telling me.

My fiance didn't ask why so I really didn't know why and was a little worried about it.

Thanks and god bless !

Met: November 05, 2008

Met in Cebu first time: March 27, 2009

Engaged: March 29, 2009

Filed K1 Fiance Visa : April 15, 2009

Fly to the US Finally: October 10, 2009

Married : November 07, 2009

Pregnant YAY : Baby due July 03, 2010 :)

File AOS/EAD/Travel: February 26, 2010

EAD/Travel approved: April 26, 2010

Our Baby Boy Born: June 24, 2010

AOS approved YAY! Green Card Received October 4, 2010

Timeline

glad to help put your mind at ease... just wish we were as lucky as you to have a interview date... we are stuck at the NVC since august 25th arghhhh but we decided to go ahead and get the medical done just in case there was to be a hang up there... but alas! everything is good to go. now she is spending time with her family waiting on the silly holdup at the NVC

God Bless go get the pink!

K-1 Visa

Event Date

RFE Reply(s) :

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Processing

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello Dennis&Dane...i just wanna ask if they asked Dane if she has an appointment at the embassy already before she had her medical?I am going to have my advance medical too by next week bec we are stuck at NVC also..Im just curious if how do they know on when do they send the result of the medical if we dont an appointment yet.Do we need to call them and let them know the schedule of our interview once we have it?Any replies would be appreciated.Thank you and God Bless!!

Ammel& Chris

April 4, 2009: K1 petition sent to VSC

April 7, 2009: Received by USCIS(VSC)

April 11, 2009: NOA1 hard copy received by my fiance through mail

August 24, 2009: Touched and it says that Petition for Alien Fiancee was approved dated August 23, 2009

August 25, 2009: Touched again

August 28, 2009: Received by NVC

August 29, 2009: NOA2 hardcopy received by my fiance through mail

September 1, 2009: Fiance called at NVC (Under Additional Processing)

October 01, 2009: NVC left(Praise the Lord!!)

October 15, 2009: Interview...VISA APPROVED!!!

October 21, 2009: Received text from Air21 that my Visa will be delivered soon

October 22, 2009: VISA RECEIVED!!!

GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME

Timeline

well I dont know for sure the answer to that.. and I dont think she even asked that question... but my opinion is that the tests will be attached to your case number because you must have that in order to take the medical.. and they did take her passport on the second day... sorry i dont have Facts on that but when you go and if you think to ask I would like to know the answer too.

K-1 Visa

Event Date

RFE Reply(s) :

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Processing

I was there today as well to have my medical.. I was asked to go back tomorrow for my vaccines. Too bad, I don't recognize your face Marriedtomrg and Somedaysomehow. I arrived at like 11:45 AM and I was out at St Lukes at 3:11 PM. I had a very smooth medical examination. (God has been with me always!)

My question is, do they normally return the passport on the first day?

and if they asked you to have the vaccines, does this mean I passed the medical? :wacko:

Yes. Dont forget to bring your passport tomorrow.

God bless us.

xoxo

whuw! Praise God!

But I think they don't have the lab results and Xray results with them, not until tomorrow. So I'm still skeptic about myself if I passed it or not. urgh! this whole medical thing was a huge stress contributor.

I know there's nothing wrong with me, but I can't help to freak out about the unnecessary delays as well.

Hi LÜvtechwifey!

Sayang! (That's too bad!) I wasn't planning to be there today, really. The thing is, my period hasn't arrived yet (possibly due to stress)...I was planning to do the medical next week (October 1), but we were afraid that my period would show up all of a sudden. So I had to make a decision...Pippo (our daughter) and I went today to get it started. Which is probably a good thing, since she had to do the TST.

Yup, they don't get the passport on the first day. They just use it to cross-reference the information you put there, and I guess to match it against the digital photo they took of us earlier. And yes, when you are given the vaccines without further testing, you've passed. smile.gif

We were there from about 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. We were asked to return on Friday for the results of Pippo's TST, as well as the results of my exam. Ours was pretty smooth too. We took the longest at the Physical Examination room...have a lot of medical history eh. biggrin.gif Every where else was practically speedy. Impressive, actually...considering the volume of people there.

Me too! I am anticipating my period this week. So I told my hubby that I badly need to take my medical examination.

Too bad. Really! If only I know you in picture I would have paged you all over the clinic. :lol:

As I mentioned earlier, I can't just breath fully knowing that I haven't hear the magic words from the mouth of St Lukes people that they will just forward the results to the Embassy.

I had a hell of a fast medical yesterday. I thought it was unbelievable. As to what others have experienced that they spent more than 5-6 hours at St Lukes, Mine took only 3 hours.

Hey! Hope things turn out fine in our medical.

Edited by LÜvtechwifey

F2A

Petitioner (My Mom)

Beneficiary (My Sister 18 y.o)

06-07-19- Sent I-130

06-11-19- NOA1

02-19-20- "Initial Review, Transferred to another Visa Center"

03-11-20- APPROVED!!!

Hi all. Just a question. Do I need to bring a copy of the NVC letter with our case number for medical? Or is it ok if i will just give our case number? We don't have an interview date yet. I just wanted to schedule my med exam ahead so I can plot my dates to settle things here. Thanks for the response.

Life is beautiful!

Hi all. Just a question. Do I need to bring a copy of the NVC letter with our case number for medical? Or is it ok if i will just give our case number? We don't have an interview date yet. I just wanted to schedule my med exam ahead so I can plot my dates to settle things here. Thanks for the response.

You need to have at least the approval notice printed. The guard and the receptionist at the U.S counter will ask you to present that. (NOA2 or Appointment letter).

Good luck on your medical. :)

F2A

Petitioner (My Mom)

Beneficiary (My Sister 18 y.o)

06-07-19- Sent I-130

06-11-19- NOA1

02-19-20- "Initial Review, Transferred to another Visa Center"

03-11-20- APPROVED!!!

Timeline

You need to have at least the approval notice printed. The guard and the receptionist at the U.S counter will ask you to present that. (NOA2 or Appointment letter).

:thumbs::thumbs: yup! :thumbs::thumbs:

K-1 Visa

Event Date

RFE Reply(s) :

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Processing

So, it's just good with NOA2 and case number? I shall take ours then... thanks!

Life is beautiful!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.