clueless_in_usa

Behavior you (USC man) find odd

207 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

In general I find it extremely odd when men marry Russian women out of Big and True Love, and then go online to tell things to the world about them, that probably should be said if not in a whisper but definitely not in public with pics attached :bonk: . There were worse details than keeping food garbage in the refrigerator or hanging underwear around in that other topic.. I was amazed. :wow:

Btw may be simplier solution would have been just sharing the location of the secret chamber for drying linen with your wife?

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Moscow, Russia

I-129F Sent : 2009-06-22

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-06-25

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-09-24

NVC received: 2009-10-02

Yellow Envelope received: 2009-10-26

Interview - Dec 18, 2009 :)

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. Hearing all these stories has made me realize how unique my fiancee is. I always knew she was special, I just never realized how special. She has no problem with having open windows or having a fan running to circulate air in a room. Has no problem with drinking cold drinks.

Though she did make the bed each morning at the hotel we stayed at, but that is something I had no problem with as I do it myself (force of habit) and my shoes are normally off as soon as I enter the apartment.

I don't think there will be a problem with washing and drying clothes in the tub, as she became very excited when she learned that we had a Washer and Dryer in the apartment here.

The only concern I have is using the balcony as a fridge. Hopefully that will not be too hard of a battle, though with 5 people in the apartment (one of them a teenage boy) I doubt there will be much leftovers after a meal :D

Looking at the growing list, I'm glad to know that my wife doesn't have odd behavior, just different than what we have been doing in this country for years.

Regarding the shaving at night, I heard a saying a long time ago. "A young man shaves at night, an old man shaves in the morning". Until this wife, I didn't understand the meaning. Now I know. :dance:

A lot of these things I do and I'm American.

-putting pots in the fridge

-not allowing dirty feet in the bed

-washing my laundry in the bathtub/hanging it up to dry there

I do like cold drinks, though.

eekee- we're not allowed in this thread. :huh: booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Timeline

Y'all sure worry about some funny stuff

event.png

funny Marina studies english video

K-1 Visa

Days between events...

129F sent NOA1 = 17 days

NOA1 to NOA2 = 150 days...that is 5 MONTHS

NOA2 to NVC in = 11 days

NVC in to NVC out = 24 days

NVC out to being told date of interview = 18 days

NVC out to Interview = 77 days...WAY TOO LONG !

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Moscow, Russia

I-129F Sent : 2009-02-27

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-03-16

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-08-13

NVC Received : 2009-08-24

NVC Left : 2009-09-17

Consulate Received : approx : 2009-09-30

Medical exam, Dr Boris : 2009-12-01 Marina passed...with a few shots

Interview : 2009-12-02...Marina passed!!! Visa in hand

Where did the last year go?

Wait wait wait, now we rush to both be ready.

She flys out this Friday, and we both have so much to do!

The house looks as only a guy has lived here for many years.

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 150 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 261 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

While I (Canadian) have a number of cultural differences compared to my American fiance, I find this totally fascinating... Might be that I'm fascinated with Russian and Eastern European culture in general, but still-made for an interesting read!

fyi- the women AND the men are perfectly fine with putting unwrapped food in the refrigerator/ cabinet etc. dima found his oreos taped shut and wanted to know what happened and why.

A lot of these things I do and I'm American.

You can blame all your bad habits on your upbringing though.

fyi- the women AND the men are perfectly fine with putting unwrapped food in the refrigerator/ cabinet etc. dima found his oreos taped shut and wanted to know what happened and why.

I love grabbing a bag of crackers or chips or something that I know are only two days old.... and chewing them like chewing gum. I still have to explain why there are tabs on boxes and why we have all these big clips on the side of the fridge. "They can be used for more than holding the list of things you want me to accomplish in my life. Put them on the f*cking Doritos please!"

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

You need to lighten up and enjoy the cuteness of the moment and laugh it off, you have to understand it is a good problem for think what she will do for you at home! :star:

I was hesitant to open this topic, but today I am bored and decided to post my question for public opinion. This question is mainly for USC men with a fiancee from the FSU. But others can chime in too, if they feel like it.

I have probably slept in more hotels than a "hoe" in the past years (notice that I said HOTELS and not BEDS). Because of that, I have got used to letting the maid do her job, while I do mine. That is why I find it odd and even annoying when my Russian fiancee chooses to make the bed at every hotel we have stayed, even after I tell her not to do it.

Am I insensitive for telling my fiancee not to help the maid? Of particular concern to me is that the maid will choose not to change the sheets after seeing that the bed is already made. But no matter how I tell my fiancee, she chooses to ignore my pleas (most of the time). Will she get spoiled (and hence stop doing it even at home) if I interfere?

Just curious to know how you guys have dealt with behavior you find odd (or simply, unexpected). :dance:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
OK, here's mine (so far):

Showers before bed (and men make sure you shave at this time because you don't want your stubble to be irritating.....)

Room temp juice (cold is bad for your health)

Yep, using the plastic bag from the market for covering food (well in Kiev one had to pay for these; Honey they are free here in the US, great for use at the dog show!!)

Shoes off at the door and silly slippers on.

Makes coffee by boiling the ground up coffee in a pot of water.

Tea, all the time.

When eating jam, heaping teaspoons used.

Yes, that's Irina at home. The basement is gradually filling up with boxes of jars, plastic bags, and plastic yogurt containers that are too valuable to throw away; the hallway is full of plastic slippers; and the juice is always room temperature.

Irina and I have traveled a lot over the past four years - seven foreign countries and a dozen states -- and last weekend when we were in a nice hotel she made the bed in the morning, cleaned the bathroom, and arranged all the handouts neatly on the desk, just the way we found them. The maid probably thought the room was unoccupied.

05 07 05 .... Filed 129F with Nebraska Service Center

12 05 05 .... Successful interview -- visa granted

12 24 05 .... Married!

06 22 09 .... Irina takes the Oath and becomes a US Citizen

Timeline
I love grabbing a bag of crackers or chips or something that I know are only two days old.... and chewing them like chewing gum. I still have to explain why there are tabs on boxes and why we have all these big clips on the side of the fridge. "They can be used for more than holding the list of things you want me to accomplish in my life. Put them on the f*cking Doritos please!"

I've pretty much given up with Svetlana, bless her heart.

I just won't eat from those bags that are ALWAYS PARTLY OPEN. They're yours, dear.

The other day some little bugs got into some flour that was . . . LEFT OPEN. Her solution? "We need some more flour." I guess that's a start, but I hope it stays covered.

We bought half a watermelon the other day and ate about half. The uneaten half was . . . LEFT OPEN.

Next day she asks, "Why didn't you eat any watermelon?"

I had to make up some flimsy excuse instead of saying, "I like melons that are crunchy because they are fresh from the fridge, not those that are left out at room temperature for 24 hours."

She is beginning to drink some soda but does not like it fresh, cold and unopened. She prefers it warm and flat.

Of course, she could write a book on my weird food issues, too, I'm sure.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
I was hesitant to open this topic, but today I am bored and decided to post my question for public opinion. This question is mainly for USC men with a fiancee from the FSU. But others can chime in too, if they feel like it.

I have probably slept in more hotels than a "hoe" in the past years (notice that I said HOTELS and not BEDS). Because of that, I have got used to letting the maid do her job, while I do mine. That is why I find it odd and even annoying when my Russian fiancee chooses to make the bed at every hotel we have stayed, even after I tell her not to do it.

Am I insensitive for telling my fiancee not to help the maid? Of particular concern to me is that the maid will choose not to change the sheets after seeing that the bed is already made. But no matter how I tell my fiancee, she chooses to ignore my pleas (most of the time). Will she get spoiled (and hence stop doing it even at home) if I interfere?

Just curious to know how you guys have dealt with behavior you find odd (or simply, unexpected). :dance:

Well, I didn't have to tell my wife twice to not make the bed in a hotel room. Never really been a problem. Whether or not she will get spoiled is more psychological and not really a culture question in my opinion.

One thing I have noticed about people from the FSU is that they have a much smaller reliance on refrigerators than we do, to put it nicely. I haven't tried to explain why putting stuff in the refrigerator makes it last longer. I just do it myself.

Ditto the refrigerator habits. I just make a inpsection of the kitchen every few hours and put away the milk, eggs, meat and cheese. And cover whatever is uncovered in the refrigerator. How they do not die by age 3 of ptomaine poisoning I will never know!

And yes, Alla always makes the bed and puts everyhting in its place. If I didn't know Ukraine women and habits I would say she has OCD. Except about the refrigerator of course.

Everything has to be neat and orderly, everything in its place. She will put tools away WHILE I am working on something which drives me MAD sometimes. "where is the screwdriver?" I put it away. Grrrrr. "I am still working on the water heater, sweetheart" Yes, but you weren't using it. Which means it was not in my hand at that moment.

No shoes in the house, shoes have to be cleaned all the time. No cold drinks (OK for her, I want mine cold) And stinky old dead fish!

Other than that, life is a peach!

Oh and for a country that had food shortages...#######!!!! Why cook for four people when you can cook for 40???? She won't waste any food which means she force feeds me the whole thing! If you make soup...make 5 gallons! Why not? LOL

Edited by Gary and Alla

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline
OK, here's mine (so far):

Showers before bed (and men make sure you shave at this time because you don't want your stubble to be irritating.....)

Room temp juice (cold is bad for your health)

Yep, using the plastic bag from the market for covering food (well in Kiev one had to pay for these; Honey they are free here in the US, great for use at the dog show!!)

Shoes off at the door and silly slippers on.

Makes coffee by boiling the ground up coffee in a pot of water.

Tea, all the time.

When eating jam, heaping teaspoons used.

Yes, that's Irina at home. The basement is gradually filling up with boxes of jars, plastic bags, and plastic yogurt containers that are too valuable to throw away; the hallway is full of plastic slippers; and the juice is always room temperature.

Irina and I have traveled a lot over the past four years - seven foreign countries and a dozen states -- and last weekend when we were in a nice hotel she made the bed in the morning, cleaned the bathroom, and arranged all the handouts neatly on the desk, just the way we found them. The maid probably thought the room was unoccupied.

They are all the same I swear! Yes Alla makes coffee in her "Turk" by boiling grounds and WILL NOT drink coffee any other way. I am not a coffee drinker so I don't care, I make it for how she likes when I make it.

And yes we have cabinets full of sour cream containers, jelly jars, pickle jars. We have a flat in Donetsk and when we leave there she turns off the fridge, empties it, cleans it and stores all her empty jars in there!!!!!!!!! Her mother is the same. What the heck is it with jars and plastic containers? She never uses them. Just keeps them.

Yep, except Alla only takes baths then expects me to use the water after her so not to waste hot water! We have PLENTY of hot water, thank you, I will take a shower. Shower and shave before bed, yes, a man should shave every day and it should be before bed, not in the morning. LOL

This is funny.

Bt i wouldn't trade a Ukrainian wife for a busload of American 22 year old cheerleaders. LOL

Gary And Alla

Timeline
Wow. Hearing all these stories has made me realize how unique my fiancee is. I always knew she was special, I just never realized how special. She has no problem with having open windows or having a fan running to circulate air in a room. Has no problem with drinking cold drinks.

Though she did make the bed each morning at the hotel we stayed at, but that is something I had no problem with as I do it myself (force of habit) and my shoes are normally off as soon as I enter the apartment.

I don't think there will be a problem with washing and drying clothes in the tub, as she became very excited when she learned that we had a Washer and Dryer in the apartment here.

The only concern I have is using the balcony as a fridge. Hopefully that will not be too hard of a battle, though with 5 people in the apartment (one of them a teenage boy) I doubt there will be much leftovers after a meal :D

Dave CAUTION

She could be one of those American women posing as Ukrainian to catch men. WARNING The tolerance of open windows is a red flag. Before you go any further I need you to do two tests

1. Give her 4" spike heels and if she falls off them while walking on cobblestones...she is an imposter! She should be able to do this for a least 3km if she is a true Ukrainian

2. When she is sleeping...wake her up and throw $300 on the bed. Tell her you are taking her to the mall. If she immediately gets up and goes to the make up table and takes 2 hours to get ready...She is Ukrainian. If she jumps up and is ready to go in her pajamas...she is an American imposter. Be careful

:lol:

Gary And Alla

Timeline
In general I find it extremely odd when men marry Russian women out of Big and True Love, and then go online to tell things to the world about them, that probably should be said if not in a whisper but definitely not in public with pics attached :bonk: . There were worse details than keeping food garbage in the refrigerator or hanging underwear around in that other topic.. I was amazed. :wow:

Btw may be simplier solution would have been just sharing the location of the secret chamber for drying linen with your wife?

We love our RUB wives. And do not EVEN try to tell me all those Russian speaking women Alla pals around with do not knock on their American husbands. My dear, I DO understand enough Russian to know when they are knocking on us. It is all in good fun. And those RUB women get into some intimately personal details us MEN never disciuss! Yikes!

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.