clueless_in_usa

Behavior you (USC man) find odd

207 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
I think that shopping is vastly different between men and women. When men think about going shopping, they think I need to buy the things on the list and that's pretty much it. When women go shopping, it's an adventure full of new and exciting offers and maybe they'll find that great deal that made the whole trip worth it.

Example: 1) Man shopping for pair of pants, maybe two. Into the store, find men's section, find your pant sizes, pick a couple that should fit, try them on, go to register and out the door. Net time in the store is 1/2 hour assuming you have to wait at the register. 2) Woman shopping for pair of pants, maybe two. Into the store, browse shoe department, try on several find some you like and make a mental note. Head towards women's department but stop to browse accessories or lingerie section, place a couple of items in your cart/bag, then off to the women's section, again. Stop to look at blouses, skirts, etc. Find the pants and complain that the sizing is all wrong and she will have to wear a size listed much larger than she actually is. Choose 6 pants, try them all on. Pick six more and try them on, settle on three. Put these in your cart/bag and return to shoe department to find matching pair that you liked. Buy two pairs of shoes (they are on sale) along with other items. Net time in the store 2 hours minimum.

That is the difference between men and women shopping.

I fully expect to be lambasted by the ladies for this. :rofl:

If my wife would only take 2 hours I'd be very happy. Usually it's at least 4 or 5 hours. So happy she can drive now. I stay home.

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

If you suck at playing the trumpet, that may be why.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

How To Shop

MEN:

I need item X. I go to store Y. I go directly to where item X is located, grab the item, go to the register, pay with cash or credit card and go home.

WOMEN:

Go to the mall. OH LOOK!!! A Sale!!!

Edited by akdiver

PEOPLE: READ THE APPLICATION FORM INSTRUCTIONS!!!! They have a lot of good information in them! Most of the questions I see on VJ are clearly addressed by the form instructions. Give them a read!! If you are unable to understand the form instructions, I highly recommend hiring someone who does to help you with the process. Our process, from K-1 to Citizenship and U.S. Passport is completed. Good luck with your process.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
My wife loves fruit, gorges on it, and one of my weekly pleasures is surprising her with new varieties she may not have tried in Russia and/or whatever is fresh at the time.

But man, we just had the Summer of Fruit Flies. Every time I thought they were eradicated, I'd find a banana peel or some juice spilled on the counter, and bingo a whole new generation of the little SOBs were free to spend their short lives circling my beer mug. :wacko:

it's a cultural thing and has nothing with nationality, i'm sure American/French/German/Etc women do this too.

+ never seen as much 'beer' in the US as i saw on this forum. Come on, the US is a non-drinking country? ;)

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Moscow, Russia

I-129F Sent : 2009-06-22

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-06-25

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-09-24

NVC received: 2009-10-02

Yellow Envelope received: 2009-10-26

Interview - Dec 18, 2009 :)

+ never seen as much 'beer' in the US as i saw on this forum. Come on, the US is a non-drinking country? ;)

We drink a little, but we talk about drinking quite a bit.

You never did tell us what kind of rifle you're holding Kailey. Spill!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I decided it will be another mystery of this forum :devil:

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Moscow, Russia

I-129F Sent : 2009-06-22

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-06-25

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-09-24

NVC received: 2009-10-02

Yellow Envelope received: 2009-10-26

Interview - Dec 18, 2009 :)

Is that just a polite way of saying, "I'm not really sure."????

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Is that just a polite way of saying, "I'm not really sure."????

It's better than saying "All praise is due to Allah!"

PEOPLE: READ THE APPLICATION FORM INSTRUCTIONS!!!! They have a lot of good information in them! Most of the questions I see on VJ are clearly addressed by the form instructions. Give them a read!! If you are unable to understand the form instructions, I highly recommend hiring someone who does to help you with the process. Our process, from K-1 to Citizenship and U.S. Passport is completed. Good luck with your process.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Ar-15A2. Can't tell the maker. 16" barrel carbine model

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline
Seven years in, I still find her aversion to cold drinks odd, especially when it is really hot. We've compromised: she tells me its unhealthy, I tell her she's probably right and drink it anyway.

But I noticed the same thing in Germany -- when I travelled there in summer it I was thought most odd when I wanted a cold drink (that wasn't beer). I was told how dnagerous cold drinks is for the digestion. Then I went to Paris and it was HOT and in the Bistro the waiter plunked in front of us, with no prompting, the ice water I really needed to start! Mostly I like Germany more than France, but it is great that many French understand the necessity of cold drink in hot weather!

Some of the other things I read here I've stopped noticing as odd. And some of the other "odd" behavior I've read about here I remember as frequent ... and over time its gone away. What a shame!

Definition of irony...

woman who lives downwind of Cheyrnobl but won't drink cold water because it is bad for you.

Gary And Alla

Timeline
Yes, there seems to be a duality of man here somewhere. On the one hand, alla goes to Russia/Ukraine this summer and takes $300. A month later she has taken no other money with her ATM card? I ask about this and she says she "has enough" But the 3 days before coming back she goes crazy? She will be very careful about spedning, very frugal, yes, but then will suddenly and without warning, splurge all of a sudden. And she would not give back any cash if I told her it was for the Mall. :lol: But she wouldn't buy anything that wasn't 40% off (minimum) It is a quandry.

Someone needs to undertake to explain to FSU women that in some stores, half the stuff is always on sale. That is, the store just puts stuff on the shelf, marks it at double price and then has a 50% sale. Of course, there is always some stuff not on sale, but no one actually buys it, I don't think. The $100 jeans are just there to make you think that the $40 jeans are a good deal.

The problem is, we go to the mall because she wants a new skirt. She sees a purse and says, wow, it's 50% off. We had better get it today because it's on sale. I say, we're looking for a skirt. You don't need a new purse. After 6 months, she is starting to realize that half of every store is always on sale. Sure, you may not be getting this seasons' colors, but when it comes to that, ignorance is bliss.

Of course, I sort of get the feeling that the whole, we're looking for a skirt but she just found a purse thing isn't FSU, it's just a girl thing. How can you find a purse when you were looking for a skirt? We weren't even looking at purses. Or shoes, or blouses, scarves, hats, sweaters, or coats. We don't even need to go into the shoe store. I know there are no skirts in there. It's just a feeling I have.

The phrase that always strikes fear in my heart..

"Sweetheart, did you have fun shopping?"

"Yes, there was a SALE! I saved us $300! Come help me get things out of my car!"

Gary And Alla

Timeline
Oh yuck, there is nothing worse that sharing your beer. :lol:

The good news is that even collectively they don't drink much.

:lol:

Gary And Alla

Seven years in, I still find her aversion to cold drinks odd, especially when it is really hot. We've compromised: she tells me its unhealthy, I tell her she's probably right and drink it anyway.

But I noticed the same thing in Germany -- when I travelled there in summer it I was thought most odd when I wanted a cold drink (that wasn't beer). I was told how dnagerous cold drinks is for the digestion. Then I went to Paris and it was HOT and in the Bistro the waiter plunked in front of us, with no prompting, the ice water I really needed to start! Mostly I like Germany more than France, but it is great that many French understand the necessity of cold drink in hot weather!

Some of the other things I read here I've stopped noticing as odd. And some of the other "odd" behavior I've read about here I remember as frequent ... and over time its gone away. What a shame!

Definition of irony...

woman who lives downwind of Cheyrnobl but won't drink cold water because it is bad for you.

Right. Fried potato = bad for health, forestfull of radioactiv mushrooms = good vegetables (and why are you complaining about this?)

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

So how can you tell it's an A2? How do you know it's a 16" carbine?

I think you have a very good guess going, but I'm not even sure it's an AR. Assuming she shot it here in the U.S., it probably is, but on my computer screen, I can't tell for sure. Angles and positions all support your guess, but it still looks kind of like a fuzzy EBR on my screen. I wish she'd just tell us already. And post more/better pics!

Русский форум член.

Timeline

So how can you tell it's an A2? How do you know it's a 16" carbine?

I think you have a very good guess going, but I'm not even sure it's an AR. Assuming she shot it here in the U.S., it probably is, but on my computer screen, I can't tell for sure. Angles and positions all support your guess, but it still looks kind of like a fuzzy EBR on my screen. I wish she'd just tell us already. And post more/better pics!

Round, ribbed handguard and the type of front sight, and the heavier barrel weight (thickness) give that away. Also note the shape of the carry handle, that is the A2 carry handle with fully adjustable rear sight, even though the rear sight itself is not visible, there is a difference in handle shape between the A1 and A2. The length of barrel exposed indicates the carbine handguard, which indicates the 16" barrel. The shorter barrel carbine model actually has a longer portion of exposed barrel. Lack of muzzle break and bayonet lug suggest manufacture between Sept, 14, 1994 and Sept 15, 2004. During this period the A1 had been phased out, I am not aware of anyone making an A1 type after 1994 (I could be wrong on that, I doubt it, and the odds are way in my favor) The only problem is there are now so many manufacturers of the AR-15 series of rifles it is impossible to tell the maker without a better photo. Odds are overwhelmingly in favor of it being chambered in 5.56 mm NATO (.223) but THAT I cannot say for sure. I am not a betting man, but I would bet on THAT.

Mystery solved.

(the other possibilty, I doubt it, is some sort of replica "airsoft" toy gun. I doubt it becasue I do not think she would be impressed enough by that to put a photo of it here. That's a real gun and she wants to show off she is shooting it! :lol: )

Edited by Gary and Alla

Gary And Alla

I wish I could agree.... but I can't see!

Your guesses all sound spot-on, and if I had to wager that an A2 carbine was in 5.56, I'd bet the farm!

Русский форум член.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.