lenaandbilly

"...within a week..." letter from NVC

21 posts in this topic

Patience Patience!!! Hang in there guy!! 8 Million Illegals running around!!! And we get the journey fron Hades trying to do things legal!! I just like to think of what I will have at the end of this journey!! If you wife to be is anything like mine, I understand totally you impatience!! Hope for a short stop at NVC for you!!

I-751 Vermont
Mailed 4/03/2012
Check Cashed 4/10/2012
Noa1 4/12/2012 receipt date 4/6/2012
Biometrics 4/19/2012 letter recieved
Biometrics 5/01/2012 done
Tic Toc, Tic Toc, Tic Toc, Tic toc..................................................

5/10/2013 Info pass for another year stamp

Tic Toc, Tic Toc.....................................

Second biometrics letter received 7/6/2013

Tic toc tic toc..........................................................................................

4/10/14 info pass for another year

Tic Toc, Tic toc

3/30/2015 info pass for another year stamp

9/10/2015 Notice for I-751 interview 9/22/2015 Our gov is so efficient just gotta love em in charge of health care!!

да, отправка петиции из визового центра в киевское посольство занимает около 2-3-х рабочих дней. Но интревью ты можешь назначить только тогда, когда посольство рассмотрит твои документы и отправит в колл-центр. И только позвонив в колл-центр ты можешь назначить интервью ;) У нас заняло 2 недели. Т.е. даже если твоё дело будет в системе киевского посольства ты всё равно не сможешь назначить интервью т.к. посольство не назначает интервью, они только рассматривают, и если всё ок то отправляют твой номер дела в колл-центр и после этого ты можешь назначить интервью. Отправляют они каждую пятницу вечером.

I can write in English ;)

Аааа, всё ясно. Спасибо большое! Итак значит, что после NVC, стоит звонить колл-центр раз в неделю, в понедельник или во вторник наверно, чтобы узнать ли документы отправлены, да? Я был не в курсе об этом, то есть как узнать когда документы в колл-центре. Ещё раз огромное спасибо!

Я чуть-чуть по-русски умею писать...о и несколько слов по-украински - дакую дуже! :)

What??

It's Russian language ;)

K1

09/11/08 - I-129F Sent
09/16/08 - I-129F NOA1
02/06/09 - I-129F NOA2
02/13/09 - NVC Received
04/06/09 - NVC Left
04/09/09 - Embassy Received
05/18/09 - Interview Passed/Visa Approved
05/21/09 - Visa Received (picked up at Fedex in Kiev)
05/28/09 - Entered U.S. via JFK
05/29/09 - Applied for SS#
06/08/09 - SS# Received in the mail
06/12/09 - Applied for a Marriage License
06/19/09 - Wedding Day
07/03/09 - SS# under new name received in the mail

AOS/EAD/AP
07/27/09 - I-485, I-765 & I-131 Sent
07/31/09 - Package arrived in Chicago
08/03/09 - NOA for all 3 forms
08/27/09 - Case transferred to CSC
09/02/09 - Biometrics appointment - Done
09/03/09 - EAD touched
09/04/09 - AOS touched
09/14/09 - AP & EAD approved - Card Ordered
09/18/09 - AP Received in the mail
09/21/09 - EAD Card received in the mail
09/25/09 - AOS Approved
09/29/09 - Green Card Sent
10/02/09 - Green Card Received.
12/18/09 - Got my Drivers License.

ROC
06/27/11 - I-751 Sent.
07/01/11 - NOA.
08/15/11- Biometrics appointment.
03/17/12- ROC Approved - No Interview.

Naturalization
01/21/15 - N-400 Sent

04/15/15 - Became a US Citizen

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
We had similar situation.. Our case was sent to NVC but we were stuck for next 2 months. We also got 2 letters from nVC about sending our case during next week, but we were in AP. What you can do it's just keep calling them and wait. We called every week. It was hard time.. but now we are together ;) After NVC cases use to get to Kiev's Embassy in 2-3 working days. Then time will go so fast.. start getting ready your documents for interview.

Thanks for the information and for the encouragement. We are pretty much ready as far as documents are concerned. I am only afraid that we are ready too soon and that they will consider some of the documents as having been prepared prematurely.

Did you mean to say from NVC to Kiev in 2-3 days? Or maybe you meant weeks? If days, you mean we should be able to schedule our interview in Kiev 2-3 days after our petition leaves NVC? Если да - УРА!!!

We were stuck in AP for 25 days

What??

The sending of the petition from the visa center to the embassy takes about 2-3 business days. But you can schedule your interview only after the embassy examines the documents and sends them to the call center. You can only schedule your interview with the call center. For us this took two weeks. So even if your case in is the system at the embassy in Kiev, you still can't schedule your interview since the embassy doesn't schedule interviews, they only review your documents, and if everything is okay they send your case to the call center and after that you can schedule your interview. The embassy forwards cases every every Friday evening.

Ah, I understand. Thank you very much! So this means that, after NVC, it is useful to call the call center only once a week, probably on Monday or Tuesday to find out if your case has been sent to the call center, right? I wasn't sure about this, that is, how to find out when your documents arrive at the call center. Again thank you very much!

I can write a little in Russian...oh and I know a few words in Ukrainian too--thank you very much! :)

Whew! Bob and Liezl, I think all this applies mainly only to the embassy in Kiev, not sure if applicable anywhere else. Good luck!

I have read this thread.

I thought NVC scheduled the interview date at the U. S. Embassy in Kiev?

My wife is obtaining an immigrant visa for her mother.

I wonder if it is a different process?, i.e., you have to schedule your K-1 visa, where NVC schedules the immigrant visas?

Any knowledgeable input on this will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Archie Wilson

We were stuck in AP for 25 days

AS you say in your timeline--#######? :) That really sucks and I hope we aren't there so long!

We were there 53 days. Sucked totally, and I'm glad it's getting shorter these days, if it's necessary at all :thumbs:

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.