RalphandHanh

We are open

37 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Day off? In the restaurant business?

enjoyed the video.

Well when we find the right people to work for us we will be open 7 days but right now its just me in the kitchen and I can't handle 7 days a week by myself. I'm really worn out and actually got a bit of a fever but worked through it tonight. Its Very hard to find kitchen help.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
No Vietnamese food yet. The big sellers are fried squid and small pizza. We have hamburger, french fries, Philadelphia Chicken cheesesteaks, spaghetti... also a big seller, Buffalo wings, and some other stuff that I can't seem to remember on my day off :D

here is a video

Great video. Have you thought about any types of mexican food? When I was there I made faitias for Binh and her family, and they can't get enough. Binh wanted me to make it for her friends as well! Next time I am there we will be sure to come.

Jerome

I would love to make them too but I can't find tortillas wraps here and I have my hands full making pizza dough every day :)

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Well I ate there tonight and I'll give The Big Grill a big thumbs up! :thumbs:

The ca phe da was one of the best I've had since I've been here. That's saying something, since I drink about 5 a day minimum. My friend and I also had a passion fruit and orange juice smoothie, which was real good too. The pizza was New York Style and was excellent as well.

The music was a nice touch. Nothing like some Seals and Croft or Steely Dan to make the meal complete!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Day off? In the restaurant business?

enjoyed the video.

Well when we find the right people to work for us we will be open 7 days but right now its just me in the kitchen and I can't handle 7 days a week by myself. I'm really worn out and actually got a bit of a fever but worked through it tonight. Its Very hard to find kitchen help.

I feel your pain. :bonk: Glad it's starting well.

Nice review from Mr Saigon. I am looking forward to my visit in the winter.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Timeline
No Vietnamese food yet. The big sellers are fried squid and small pizza. We have hamburger, french fries, Philadelphia Chicken cheesesteaks, spaghetti... also a big seller, Buffalo wings, and some other stuff that I can't seem to remember on my day off :D

here is a video

Great video. Have you thought about any types of mexican food? When I was there I made faitias for Binh and her family, and they can't get enough. Binh wanted me to make it for her friends as well! Next time I am there we will be sure to come.

Jerome

I would love to make them too but I can't find tortillas wraps here and I have my hands full making pizza dough every day :)

Send me a addy and I will send you some. I send them to Binh all the time.

小學教師 胡志明市,越南

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

here is a video

Jerome

His address is in the opening post, but I doubt he could add any Mexican entrees to the menu unless he had a regular supplier.

Al Fresco's makes some Mexican entrees, but I'm not impressed with their tortillas. They used flour tortillas for their enchiladas. That's ok if you're making Sonora style, but you need the brown gravy sauce for those. They just put some canned red sauce on top. :(

Still, they serve the refried beans in a scooped out potato skin, which I thought was pretty cool! :thumbs:

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Timeline

here is a video

Jerome

His address is in the opening post, but I doubt he could add any Mexican entrees to the menu unless he had a regular supplier.

Al Fresco's makes some Mexican entrees, but I'm not impressed with their tortillas. They used flour tortillas for their enchiladas. That's ok if you're making Sonora style, but you need the brown gravy sauce for those. They just put some canned red sauce on top. :(

Still, they serve the refried beans in a scooped out potato skin, which I thought was pretty cool! :thumbs:

I meant that if he wanted any for him that I could send him some, and if he wanted lots we could also work something out I am sure

小學教師 胡志明市,越南

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
I meant that if he wanted any for him that I could send him some, and if he wanted lots we could also work something out I am sure

I hear 'ya. I was going to bring some tortillas and fixin's to Vietnam and teach Phuong how to make a proper Mexican meal, with enchiladas, beans, and rice. Sadly, she doesn't have an oven! In fact, most of the people don't have ovens! They only have those counter-top gas stoves. It just ain't civilized! :o

I took my mom to Chevy's today for lunch. She chatted away, but I didn't hear a word she said. I just stared at "El Machino" while turned it turned pan after pan of dough balls into lovely steaming hot tortillas! :wub:

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Timeline

Ralph,

It was great to talk to you on the phone for a bit. Binh said she loved the pizza and she will put her own comments up later. I am going to send her some halapeno peppers today, and I will shove in a small bag of flour tortillias for her to give you. See you when I get there. I am sure your case will go through just keep your prayers going!

Jerome

小學教師 胡志明市,越南

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

I will go ahead and allow this post this time, but please keep in mind that generally we do not allow advertisements without the express permission of the admin. Regardless, good luck on your new business in HCMC :).

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

Timeline
Hey everyone. We are open... Finally. So if your are in HCMC and want to stop by please do. We are open from 3pm to 10pm weekday and 9am to 11pm weekends with Monday off till rainy season is over.

We are at:

The Big Grill

17 M Vu Huy Tan Street

Ward 3

Binh Thanh District

HCMC

Phone: 08 - 22198585

hope to see y'all here :)

Hi Ralph and Hanh,

I really enjoyed the pizza you made and the evening with you guys and HuongPhung and their friends. It was nice talks. RalphHanh, I will come back to give you gifts from Jerome and we will chat more on your Monday off. Binh Le.

小學教師 胡志明市,越南

Uhhh ohhh! trouble with the Admin.

Well, let me start out with the food. It was great. My wife and I ate so much and it was embarrasing since we were eating all the time. All the others were talking and drinking. It was great Ralph and thank you so much chi Hanh. I guess PhillyCheese steaks was a hit that's y it was out huh? too bad, i really want my wife to try it.

Thanks for the food. It's great.

event.png

Timeline
I will go ahead and allow this post this time, but please keep in mind that generally we do not allow advertisements without the express permission of the admin. Regardless, good luck on your new business in HCMC :).

I'm Soo sorry... I didn't know... If you want to take it down I don't blame you. I honestly didn't know. I'm really just looking to have some English speaking people come in so I have someone other than Hanh to talk too. :)

Thanks to those of visited and will visit. This will be my last post on this thread. Thanks again to everyone.

I'm Soo sorry... I didn't know... If you want to take it down I don't blame you. I honestly didn't know. I'm really just looking to have some English speaking people come in so I have someone other than Hanh to talk too. :)

Thanks to those of visited and will visit. This will be my last post on this thread. Thanks again to everyone.

awwww comon captain Ewok. now we have to start a new thread. Hey Ralph, it was great and I will invite people if they ever go to vn to try American food at Vietnamese price. Can't wait to try your Philly cheesesteak, I will try them next time then. Good luck man.

event.png

Timeline

We can still post on this thread, ewok said he would let it go this time. Just dont try to actually advertise his place, just talk as it is a meeting place for people in vietnam or something of that nature.

Jerome

小學教師 胡志明市,越南

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.