Free Jerusalem

Just when i thought we were finally done

27 posts in this topic

Hey everyone. I feel so down right now. My husband had his appointment at the Jerusalem consulate and i went with him. We thought this was it... but NO. The officer who interviewed my husband asked him for pictures of our wedding.... my husband told him we have a few pictures in our phones that he can look at, and also he told him i have 3 pictures in my wallet. they did NOT inform us in the appointment letter that we needed to have proof of wedding pictures. So he did not get his visa, they gave him a paper saying they need further proof of our relationship, and they said I need to have proof of dominicle in the USA... i guess because i have been in Palestine for 1 yr now ??? what am i supposed to do? does that mean i have to LEAVE Palestine before my husband can get his visa? i am so sad and stressed, i do not want to leave without him. cant i just have proof of bank accounts and mail i get in the USA? can anyone help me and advise me what to do ??? please, any thoughts / tips are greatly needed !!!! i am so sad right now! the only good thing is that once we have the proof and pictures, we send it in automex (sort of like fed x) and that we don't have to go back because its really a hassle :crying:

!!! HEART BROKEN AND OUT OF HOPE !!!!

Hey everyone. I feel so down right now. My husband had his appointment at the Jerusalem consulate and i went with him. We thought this was it... but NO. The officer who interviewed my husband asked him for pictures of our wedding.... my husband told him we have a few pictures in our phones that he can look at, and also he told him i have 3 pictures in my wallet. they did NOT inform us in the appointment letter that we needed to have proof of wedding pictures. So he did not get his visa, they gave him a paper saying they need further proof of our relationship, and they said I need to have proof of dominicle in the USA... i guess because i have been in Palestine for 1 yr now ??? what am i supposed to do? does that mean i have to LEAVE Palestine before my husband can get his visa? i am so sad and stressed, i do not want to leave without him. cant i just have proof of bank accounts and mail i get in the USA? can anyone help me and advise me what to do ??? please, any thoughts / tips are greatly needed !!!! i am so sad right now! the only good thing is that once we have the proof and pictures, we send it in automex (sort of like fed x) and that we don't have to go back because its really a hassle :crying:

Sounds like you guys weren't well prepared at all for the interview.

Pictures are IMPORTANT. Showing what you have in a cellphone and 3 pictures in a wallet is a joke.

Consider "most" people have a wedding photo album.

Get some printed out with captions. Not just of the wedding but others showing you have a valid relationship.

To prove domicile you need a address where you will be living plus a bank account.

Edited by Haole

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

its proof of domicile they need.....

Filed: Timeline

I am real new to VJ, but I would like to comment. My wife, and then fiance, did so much together, wrote so many love letters, made a mountain of telephone calls to each other when we were apart, passed through countless toll roads where receipts are given, took pictures of our life together, with our children, that it was almost impossible to not have evidence of our relationship. We entered on a K-1 Visa, and the children on a K-2. At first, the Consulate did not want to let me into the consulate, but I wormed my way in by whining. We both arrived with more than 172 pieces of evidence, copied three times each, and a bag of photos. We even wrote letters to the interviewer stating how much our lives had changed, and how our lives are better as a couple. In fact, during the interview, the interviewer did not have to put all his attention on the paperwork, and was able to talk to us as a couple. We were happy to be there, and it showed. The children were children as children are. The interviewer separated us, gave us each questions that only a "spouse" would know, and without blinking, the interviewer approved our Visa.

Perhaps, like the other post said, you simply underestimated the importance of documentation, and the importance of this part in your journey. Once you apply again, think about these things. Also, contact people who were at your wedding, that maybe took photos. You can make copies.

I had a friend that was rejected, and she went around to her friends and asked them to write letters testifying to have personal knowledge of their relationship. It worked. They got their Visa.

Don't give up hope. You will make it. Be very, very patient.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

I know how broken hearted that you feel right now, but don't lose hope...all is not lost. If you have the pictures, you can send them and any other proof that you many have. The domicile in the U.S. is important. Do you have a permanent address here? Where are the two of you planning on living once you get here?

Waiting.....Waiting....waiting....waiting....and more waiting..........

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline

please make sure that your case stays at the embassy. get the pictures and proof you need NOW, get some affidavits and what not to be safe, and go back to the embassy and make sure that they see your proof....

and i guess give them an address...maybe you can give your family's and explain that you guys will be staying with them until you get on your feet....

Timeline:

Sent in I-130 form: 01/29/09

Interview Date: 11/08/09 (APPROVED!)

Visa in Hand: 11/12/09

POE: 01/30/10 (!!!!) at JFK Airport in NYC... can't wait!

Got the green card maybe 8 weeks after 01/30/10...

TBC....

======================================================================

Pictures are IMPORTANT. Showing what you have in a cellphone and 3 pictures in a wallet is a joke.

Get some printed out with captions. Not just of the wedding but others showing you have a valid relationship.

To prove domicile you need a address where you will be living plus a bank account.

No, the thing is we WERE PREPARED... how should we know that they would need more proof and pictures. the thing is, i have a friend who told me the NVC asked for wedding pictures and stuff, but the NVC never asked us, and neither did they inform us of that in the appointment letter. why would i take an album off the bat? THAT would look suspicious to me , he is my HUSBAND, i don't see why they are doing this. fine, i will send them the whole darn album to make them happy and prove we are married, but i am worried abut the domicile thing!

No, the thing is we WERE PREPARED... how should we know that they would need more proof and pictures. the thing is, i have a friend who told me the NVC asked for wedding pictures and stuff, but the NVC never asked us, and neither did they inform us of that in the appointment letter. why would i take an album off the bat? THAT would look suspicious to me , he is my HUSBAND, i don't see why they are doing this. fine, i will send them the whole darn album to make them happy and prove we are married, but i am worried abut the domicile thing!

The domicile thing is important, okay your over there, you may have to return to USA to set up housekeeping, rent a apartment IF you already dont own a home here in USA. Until you can prove U.S. domicle, the embassy looks at it now that you have no home in USA and beneficiary may become a public charge. That is THEIR may concern.

Also per the highlighted part, with no dis respect, just cause you attended interview, does not mean its a bona fide marriage, they want pics of the marriage, the relatationship thru out the past, cards, letters, the present and standing there at interview does not mean much to the embassy just cause he is your husband. Understand?? I do wish you the best, its a shame, just cause we marry a foreign national, we have to prove so much, nobody would give a damn if we married someone in USA, and who is to say that is a true marriage.

Best wishes to you, Im sorry your going thru this.

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Zambia
Timeline

Sad story, but there's hope. You MUST know of some address in the US that you consider home, right? The address on your driver's license, tax returns, whatever. What address did you use in filing with USCIS? Your passport?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

During this entire process USCIS, NVC, EMBASSY can ask you for ANYTHING they want at ANY TIME....

Boy were you misinformed, why would you not have EVERYTHING you need, just because they didn't inform you doesn't mean you didn't need it. My interview is coming up and I can't be there but I know one thing I am giving my fiance EVERYTHING we can possibly have to prove our relationship is valid.

Is it right for them not to notify you? No... Is it right to bring EVERYTHING you have just to make sure you have done everything on your part to get the visa? Yes! I wish you guys all the best. Good luck.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

YES more pics lots more

Sad story, but there's hope. You MUST know of some address in the US that you consider home, right? The address on your driver's license, tax returns, whatever. What address did you use in filing with USCIS? Your passport?

The address we will be staying at is my parents address, and i have that in all my NVC papers, plus told the guys this, but he said "it is too late , send us the proof in the mail, we have too many more interviews" BS !

yeah i have a passport, and it was with me of course, plus i have a drivers license and my adress in there is the same address as my parents,, but i figured why show him it after he said there was no time. thank u for ur time to reply

i wish i knew all this before.

During this entire process USCIS, NVC, EMBASSY can ask you for ANYTHING they want at ANY TIME....

Boy were you misinformed, why would you not have EVERYTHING you need, just because they didn't inform you doesn't mean you didn't need it. My interview is coming up and I can't be there but I know one thing I am giving my fiance EVERYTHING we can possibly have to prove our relationship is valid.

Is it right for them not to notify you? No... Is it right to bring EVERYTHING you have just to make sure you have done everything on your part to get the visa? Yes! I wish you guys all the best. Good luck.

but the thing is, i never ever ever EVER felt like they thought i lied or anything like that. so thats why i didnt think i should take pictures off the bat ! besides the pictures in my wallet and phone, but those were there from long ago, i didnt have them there specifically for the interview.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

When my husband went to his interview he had a full photo album, all documents and so much stuff that the bag was overflowing. The bag he had was so damn heavy that he couldn't carry it without having to set it down numerous times and switching shoulders. It killed his back, but it was neccessary and IMPORTANT.

It is not the responsibilty of USCIS to teach you how to immigrate. It is not the USCIS that is trying to bring an immigrant into the state. They do not care if you fail. Only YOU care if you fail. If you do not ensure that you have done EVERYTHING that it takes to prove to them that you are legit then you failed yourself.

The USCIS is not treating you any different than they would treat anyone else who they believe needs to establish more proof. They are doing their jobs. Validation of your relationship falls into the most important part of immigration. The guides explain this...the people explain this constantly in these forums.

"THAT would look suspicious to me , he is my HUSBAND" <--- Most of us are married when we go to the interview. My husband was also my HUSBAND....... You honestly think that they care if you are married? That's not what this interview is for. Anyone can be married. The point of this interview is to prove it is a legit marriage...bringing wedding photos is quite frankly common sense.

Chalk it up to a lesson well learned and start gathing the evidence you need and do this as quickly as you possibly can. It willd delay things, but it can be repaired.

Edited by Rings

TIME LINE 2007

01/12/07-I Fly to Australia

01/25/07-We Got Married!

07/15/07-Point of Entry (K3 Visa)

K3 Time Line for the I-130, I-129F, EAD and AOS

usaCa.gifanimated-hearts.gifaustralC_1xa.gif

Lifting Conditions Timeline

11/06/09- Mailed Petition Via USPS Certified Mail

11/09/09- Your item was delivered at 11:08 AM on November 9, 2009 in LAGUNA NIGUEL, CA 92677.

11/12/09- Check Cashed

11/12/09- Return Receipt Arrives in Mail

11/13/09- Touched

11/16/09- NOA Received

11/27/09- Received Appointment Letter

12/18/09- Biometrics

12/21/09- Touched

01/08/10- Card Production Ordered (E-Mail)

01/09/10- Touched

01/14/10- Greencard Received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.