mrsemcee

What is the false RFE at DS230?

10 posts in this topic

I have seen this ---- "False RFE" Missing information (DS-230) --- come up on a few timelines of the guys and gals who are done with NVC and Case Complete, and i just wondered what the False RFE actually is and can it be avoided? How did you even find out you had it, and why is it happening to everyone?

Thanks guys!

false RFE is when you received an Email from NVC asking you to:

►submit something which you already submitted and and later on when you ask the operator they will say everything is fine.

►situation like, Mine. Which we first submitted the DS230 rather than the AOS package, so they NVC sent us an email looking for the AOS which we sent a week after the DS230. So we just disregarded the RFE. We call it False RFE.

and some more similar situations.

F2A

Petitioner (My Mom)

Beneficiary (My Sister 18 y.o)

06-07-19- Sent I-130

06-11-19- NOA1

02-19-20- "Initial Review, Transferred to another Visa Center"

03-11-20- APPROVED!!!

A false RFE for most people is when NVC completes the processing of the affidavit of support but has not yet opened up your IV package. Because of the two different tracks at NVC (AOS is one, DS-3032 + IV package make up the other) the timing can be a bit funny. For many people it takes NVC so long to 1) accept the choice of agent and generate the DS-230 (up to 2 weeks it looks like these days) and then 2) enter the IV package, that their computer automatically generates an RFE for the missing IV package, even if they've got it already. It just means they haven't logged it into their computer yet. Don't panic. You can speak to an operator who will usually confirm that they "received a package on" such and such date. Then just give it a day or two and they'll register it.

And congrats on the NOA2!

Naturalization

N-400 package mailed: 04/16/2013

N-400 package delivered: 04/16/2013

NOA1 date: 04/17/2013

Biometrics: 08/23/2013

Interview: 10/07/2013

Oath: 01/23/2014

DONE!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guinea
Timeline

I have just checked the NVC Avr and says that on sept 11 the mailed me a RFE because 1 or some of my documents was either incomplete or missing. I have no idea what they could be looking for I hope that its a false RFE, when I paid my AOS (I was told by the operator that it was ok to do so) 2 wks later the NVC sent me the email saying that my DS3032 had be accepted, then on the August 31 I sent in my DS230 with all of the civil documents the PCC and everything and I sent it in by express mail, the same day that I sent it in later that night about 10pm i got a email the checklist letter Response saying that i had to return the bar code sheet that came with the letter, but I had all ready sent the package off that day so I call the operator and told her she said that it was ok, but I did send in the barcode sheet that says that I had paid the DS230, either the NVC is slow at getting the information to me or I am moving to fast so now I must wait for the mail to come to my home to see what they really want or I hope and pray that its a FALSR RFE

My wife you are simply beautiful and perfect for mehttp://da.daisypath.com/w3wlm4.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guinea
Timeline
I have just checked the NVC Avr and says that on sept 11 the mailed me a RFE because 1 or some of my documents was either incomplete or missing. I have no idea what they could be looking for I hope that its a false RFE, when I paid my AOS (I was told by the operator that it was ok to do so) 2 wks later the NVC sent me the email saying that my DS3032 had be accepted, then on the August 31 I sent in my DS230 with all of the civil documents the PCC and everything and I sent it in by express mail, the same day that I sent it in later that night about 10pm i got a email the checklist letter Response saying that i had to return the bar code sheet that came with the letter, but I had all ready sent the package off that day so I call the operator and told her she said that it was ok, but I did send in the barcode sheet that says that I had paid the DS230, either the NVC is slow at getting the information to me or I am moving to fast so now I must wait for the mail to come to my home to see what they really want or I hope and pray that its a FALSR RFE

I was going thorough my documents and I have my orginal birth certificate here with me (I am the petitioner) was I suppose to send that also . Dont tell me that I made a stupid bone headed mistake like that ?

My wife you are simply beautiful and perfect for mehttp://da.daisypath.com/w3wlm4.png

• 2 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belize
Timeline

I just got an email and pdf asking for the ds230. it says they got my AoS ect.. but need my ds230. thing is, i sent the ds230 almost 2 weeks ago. I am going to call them now.

besides this, does it mean my Aos or I-864 was approved, and that ehy only need to check ds230 to complete my case?

A false RFE for most people is when NVC completes the processing of the affidavit of support but has not yet opened up your IV package. Because of the two different tracks at NVC (AOS is one, DS-3032 + IV package make up the other) the timing can be a bit funny. For many people it takes NVC so long to 1) accept the choice of agent and generate the DS-230 (up to 2 weeks it looks like these days) and then 2) enter the IV package, that their computer automatically generates an RFE for the missing IV package, even if they've got it already. It just means they haven't logged it into their computer yet. Don't panic. You can speak to an operator who will usually confirm that they "received a package on" such and such date. Then just give it a day or two and they'll register it.

And congrats on the NOA2!

I got the same thing and I called and the lady said not to worry about it and after a few days the message changed on the NVC line.

• 5 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

On Monday April 26, I recieved a different type of "false RFE" from the NVC in relation to our DS-230 form. I called the automated phone system to check status, and it said that they recieved my packet but found that information was missing or incomplete. It said that I would recieve something stating the details of what was missing. We were already opted in for the new Electronic Processing option, but I had not yet recieved any details by mail. I got on the phone with an NVC operator to inquire about the details, and she told me that our RFE was caused by an incompleted question on the DS-230, where it asks about previous military service. I looked at my copy of the DS-230 to see what she was referring to, but we had in fact filled it in correctly by checking "No" and then "n/a" for the 4 blank spaces below. I explained this to the operator, and she said that our case will be sent to a supervisor for review, so now we should wait another 8-10 days.

This was a mistake on the part of whomever reviewed our DS-230, and unfortunately has delayed our case by 2-3 weeks. Hopefully it goes through to approval from here on!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.