7 posts in this topic

Yesterday I had mi Cr1 interview at the Guatemala Embassy. The security people were simply rude. They didn't let me take my keys inside because of the alarm control. Then I asked if I could leave them with them and they said: " No, for security reasons". So I said, what am I supposed to do, you guys ask on your website for the person to come alone.

And they said "Leave it inside the car". At that point I did give up since I figured they were not very smart.

Thanks God the people in the parking lot next to the embassy are very familiar with the situation and they were nice enough to take care of my keys.

At the interview place they were lots of people, you can hear what they are saying to all of them and I did notice that A LOT of people were sent home because of their paperwork was not in order or they were missing some kind of paper.

I waited and hour and a half for them to call me the first time, they went through my paperwork and asked me about the person sponsoring me and they took my medical exams.

Then I had to wait another hour for them to call me again for the actual interview. There were the consul and his assitant. He was very nice, sweet, and polite. She was scarry she raised her voice more than once to the people she was interviewing and she didn't seem to enjoy speaking in Spanish.

And yes.....I did get her of course :wacko: . She seemed reliefed to see that I spoke English. The questions were:

1) Why do you have a UK police certificate?

2) Where you married before?

3) With this person?

4) Why did the marriage end?

5) How long was I married?

6) If I have been separated from my ex for 5 years why did it took me four to get a divorce?

7) Did I travel to the U.K to get a divorce?

6) How and where did I meet my current husband?

7) When did the relationship turn romantic?

8) Where has my husband lived before. List places

9) How ofted did we see each other? I showed them the photocopy of his passport and phone bills

10) SHe was my photo albums and asked to see some pictures of when we were dating. I showed her around 7 she said that was enough. She asked for every pictured when it was taken and where.

11) How many guests were there at your wedding?

12) Have you ever had problems with the law in this country, the U.S. or any country?

13) How long have you been married?

13)Then she asked picture of my wedding I took two out and scanned through the album, she said that was enough.

13) She said, Everything is in order your Visa has been granted!!!!!!

It did help that I spoke English, that Robin was VERY careful about the paper work and everything was well organized.

That I had all the copies of what he sent. And I only answered yes or no, or gave a brief explanation to her question.Afterwards I asked her a couple of more questions and she turned out to be super nice!!!!

Thank you God for beign with me every ste of the way!!! :innocent::thumbs::star:

[size=3]Timeline

8 November 2008 - Married

12 February 2009 - I-130 sent

16 February 2009 - I-130 received

24 February 2009 - NOA1 (California Service Center)

07 April 2009 - RFE (Divorce Decree)

15 April 2009 - Re-submitted divorce decree

16 April 2009 - received by CSC

22 April 2009 - touch

29 April 2009 - touch

30 April 2009 - NOA2

04 May 2009 - NOA2 received

11 May 2009 - NVC Case number assigned

18 May 2009 - AOS Bill/DS3032 generated

18 May 2009 - Paid AOS Bill

18 May 2009 - Returned completed D3032 (e-mail)

20 May 2009 - AOS bill shows PAID

20 May 2009 - Printed AOS cover sheet and mailed I-864EZ package

03 June 2009 - DS3032 accepted, IV bill available and paid

04 June 2009 - IV bill shows PAID, DS230 cover available

10 July 2009 - Package sent to Nvc

15 July 2009 - Package under review

23 July 2009 - Nvc Case COMPLETED!!!

24 July 2009 - Recorded message changes to Case completed

27 July 2009 - Got e mail notification with interview date (September, 8th 2009)

07 Aug 2009 - Medical Exam Completed ENVELOPE GIVEN

08 Sept 2009 - Interview APPROVED!!!!!!

09 Sept 2009 - Visa in Hand

12 Sept 2009 - Arrived in Puerto Rico

05 Oct 2009 - Green Card Arrives in the mail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Guatemala
Timeline
Yesterday I had mi Cr1 interview at the Guatemala Embassy. The security people were simply rude. They didn't let me take my keys inside because of the alarm control. Then I asked if I could leave them with them and they said: " No, for security reasons". So I said, what am I supposed to do, you guys ask on your website for the person to come alone.

And they said "Leave it inside the car". At that point I did give up since I figured they were not very smart.

Thanks God the people in the parking lot next to the embassy are very familiar with the situation and they were nice enough to take care of my keys.

At the interview place they were lots of people, you can hear what they are saying to all of them and I did notice that A LOT of people were sent home because of their paperwork was not in order or they were missing some kind of paper.

I waited and hour and a half for them to call me the first time, they went through my paperwork and asked me about the person sponsoring me and they took my medical exams.

Then I had to wait another hour for them to call me again for the actual interview. There were the consul and his assitant. He was very nice, sweet, and polite. She was scarry she raised her voice more than once to the people she was interviewing and she didn't seem to enjoy speaking in Spanish.

And yes.....I did get her of course :wacko: . She seemed reliefed to see that I spoke English. The questions were:

3) With this person?

6) If I have been separated from my ex for 5 years why did it took me four to get a divorce?

9) How ofted did we see each other? I showed them the photocopy of his passport and phone bills

10) SHe was my photo albums and asked to see some pictures of when we were dating. I showed her around 7 she said that was enough. She asked for every pictured when it was taken and where.

12) Have you ever had problems with the law in this country, the U.S. or any country?

13)Then she asked picture of my wedding I took two out and scanned through the album, she said that was enough.

It did help that I spoke English, that Robin was VERY careful about the paper work and everything was well organized.

That I had all the copies of what he sent. And I only answered yes or no, or gave a brief explanation to her question.Afterwards I asked her a couple of more questions and she turned out to be super nice!!!!

Thank you God for beign with me every ste of the way!!! :innocent::thumbs::star:

Hi Mayra,

Congrats! Arturo has his K1 interview tomorrow, so it's good to read the review!

Chelsea and Arturo

2-14-2009: I-129F mailed to VSC

2-18-2009: NOA1

2-19-2009: check cashed

06-23-2009: NOA2 date

06-25-2009: NVC received

7-21-2009: NVC mailed out

7-23-2009: Embassy received

7/31/2009: Medical appt.

9-10-2009: Interview Passed!

9-28-2009: Entry to U.S.

10-9-2009: Civil ceremony!

10-30-2009: Mailed AOS, AP, EAD applications

11-6-2009: NOAs for AOS, AP, EAD

11-12-2009: touch for AP

12-1-2009: biometrics

12-2-2009: touches for AOS/EAD (after biometrics)

12-17-2009: case transfered to CSC (touch)

12-28-2009: EAD ordered, arrived 2 weeks later

12-30-2009: AP ordered, arrived 2 weeks later

1-14-2010: Greencard ordered!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

moving thread from Effects of Major Family Changes on Immigration Benefits forum to progress reports forum

YMMV

3) With this person?

Hi Mayra,

Congrats! Arturo has his K1 interview tomorrow, so it's good to read the review!

Thank you! Good luck tomorrow! Make sure he dresses nicely. It helped me a lot to bring a binder with me and have a section for each thing. I am sure everything will be fine!

[size=3]Timeline

8 November 2008 - Married

12 February 2009 - I-130 sent

16 February 2009 - I-130 received

24 February 2009 - NOA1 (California Service Center)

07 April 2009 - RFE (Divorce Decree)

15 April 2009 - Re-submitted divorce decree

16 April 2009 - received by CSC

22 April 2009 - touch

29 April 2009 - touch

30 April 2009 - NOA2

04 May 2009 - NOA2 received

11 May 2009 - NVC Case number assigned

18 May 2009 - AOS Bill/DS3032 generated

18 May 2009 - Paid AOS Bill

18 May 2009 - Returned completed D3032 (e-mail)

20 May 2009 - AOS bill shows PAID

20 May 2009 - Printed AOS cover sheet and mailed I-864EZ package

03 June 2009 - DS3032 accepted, IV bill available and paid

04 June 2009 - IV bill shows PAID, DS230 cover available

10 July 2009 - Package sent to Nvc

15 July 2009 - Package under review

23 July 2009 - Nvc Case COMPLETED!!!

24 July 2009 - Recorded message changes to Case completed

27 July 2009 - Got e mail notification with interview date (September, 8th 2009)

07 Aug 2009 - Medical Exam Completed ENVELOPE GIVEN

08 Sept 2009 - Interview APPROVED!!!!!!

09 Sept 2009 - Visa in Hand

12 Sept 2009 - Arrived in Puerto Rico

05 Oct 2009 - Green Card Arrives in the mail

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

3) With this person?

CONGRATS :dance:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

That's great! Congrats!

Blessed are the heart that can bend, they can never be broken - Albert Camus

Any comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished in any way without express written permission from 100% Al Ahly Fan.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.