a1cpat

requesting a waiver of limitations on I129F apps?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hello everyone! Im not exactly new here, as I have been following all of your posts over the past several months, but this is my first post.

According to the new IMBRA law, there is a limit to the number of I129F petitions you can file without requesting a waiver. I filed in early 2005 for a different woman whom I was briefly engaged to, but our relationship ended and we did not pursue the visa after the approval of the petition. In February of this year I became engaged again and my fiance' and I filed the I129F petition. We have been very up front in all of our information that was submitted to the USCIS about the last relationship, and we have hid nothing.

I have submitted the written request for the waiver of these limitations, but the description on the RFE was vague as to what it actually needed to include, citing evidence of death or some such information. My Ex didnt die! We just didnt get married! It seems as though my current fiance' and I could be punished with a rejection because of the failure of a previous relationship. Is this really possible???

Is anybody else wrestling with this worry?

Also, the I129F package I sent on February 20th was returned to me with a notice dated February 23rd stating that I had failed to attach my filing fee of 170.00 dollars. However, the check WAS in fact there, and even still in the package as it was returned to me. I thought it to be an innocent mistake at first, and I returned the package without making any changes and recieved a new reciept date of March 13th. AFTER the effective date of IMBRA. Had the USCIS not overlooked my attached payment, I would have been a pre-IMBRA application and not have to worry about the waiver of limitations!!!!

I am still waiting, and its close to my processing time as it is so I dont want to "rock the boat", but I am very concerned! Any advice or words of encouragement would be greatly appreciated!!! :)))))

Thanks!

Edited by a1cpat

2-14-2006- Engaged on a snowy night in Kiev

2-19-2006- Filed I129F

2-23-2006- NOA1 generated-REJECTED- (they said no fee attached, but I sent THE SAME CHECK back)

3-13-2006- NOA1 generated, reciept date of application

6-2-2006- (Sasha's bday) Transferred to CSC

6-14-2006- Recieved at CSC

6-23-2006- RFE generated IMBRA

6-30-2006-RFE recieved and returned by me.

7-8-2006-RFE recieved by CSC

7-11-2006-"touched" I just figured this out!!! ;)

8-3-2006 - Touched!

8-4-2006 - Touched again!

8-6-2006 - Touched again again!

8-25-2006 - Touched! Its been almost three weeks since the last one...forgot how that felt!

9-7-2006- Touched...but only because I called. :( So dissapointed right now....

9-8-2006- Touched...a real one...not because I called. Hope it actually means something like it did for Gary!

9-11-2006-APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9-12-2006-Touched again today...to NVC?

9-16-2006-NOA2 recieved in mail

10-4-2006-Petition sent to NVC

10-21-2006-Touched??? #######?!?

10-25-2006-Touched again??

10-27-2006-NVC case received!

10-30-2006-NVC sent case to Consulate in Kiev!!! Come come on hurry up!!!

11-30-2006-Interview...PASSED!

12-8-2006-arriving together at Portland International Airport!!!

1-25-2007-MARRIED!

3-6-2007-Filed EAD, AP, and I485

3-13-2007-NOA1's for all of the above. ONE year exactly from NOA1 of 129f. ;)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Please fill in your timeline as it is very important in calculating the statisticsa on these forums and it helps others to see at what stage you are at in the process and which embassy you are going through etc.

Thank you

PLEASE REMEMBER TO UPDATE YOUR TIMELINE AS THE STATISTICS ON THIS FORUM ARE CALCULATED VIA THE TIMELINES. PLEASE GO TO: http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

WAITING FOR AN INTERVIEW DATE AT LONDON? COME JOIN US HERE: <a

London Interview list

http://www.frappr.com/visaapplicantsvianebraska/map]http://www.frappr.com/visaapplicantsvianebraska/map</a>

Frapper map of the world for those who applied for marriage based visa through Nebraska, It's a good way to actually see where people are, if anyone is near you, send messages to discuss, vent, or share even meet up!!!

27 Feb. 2006: K1 petition sent to Nebraska Service Centre

2 March 2006: NOA1 dated (received in mail on 9 March 2006)

4 May 2006: NOA2!!!!! (DAY 66)

8 May 2006: File Sent to NVC (as stated on email dated 9 May)

24 May 2006: NVC sends our file to London Embassy

8 June 2006: Packet 3 arrives (DAY 101)

25 August 2006: Pack 3 sent to London Embassy registered post

29 August 2006: London Embassy receives my Pack 3 - 9/9/06 pack 4 arrives

SEPT 2006:APPLICATION PUT ON HOLD - WE HAD A FALLING OUT.

MAY 2007:RESUMED THE VISA APPLICATION

6 June 2007: Medical @ 2.30pm - need to get anew GP letter and psychiatric evaluation

7 June 2007: INTERVIEW @ 10am - waiting for new police record letter

3 July 2007: APPROVED/Visa arrives

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Please fill in your timeline as it is very important in calculating the statisticsa on these forums and it helps others to see at what stage you are at in the process and which embassy you are going through etc.

Thank you

PLEASE REMEMBER TO UPDATE YOUR TIMELINE AS THE STATISTICS ON THIS FORUM ARE CALCULATED VIA THE TIMELINES. PLEASE GO TO: http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

WAITING FOR AN INTERVIEW DATE AT LONDON? COME JOIN US HERE: <a

London Interview list

http://www.frappr.com/visaapplicantsvianebraska/map]http://www.frappr.com/visaapplicantsvianebraska/map</a>

Frapper map of the world for those who applied for marriage based visa through Nebraska, It's a good way to actually see where people are, if anyone is near you, send messages to discuss, vent, or share even meet up!!!

27 Feb. 2006: K1 petition sent to Nebraska Service Centre

2 March 2006: NOA1 dated (received in mail on 9 March 2006)

4 May 2006: NOA2!!!!! (DAY 66)

8 May 2006: File Sent to NVC (as stated on email dated 9 May)

24 May 2006: NVC sends our file to London Embassy

8 June 2006: Packet 3 arrives (DAY 101)

25 August 2006: Pack 3 sent to London Embassy registered post

29 August 2006: London Embassy receives my Pack 3 - 9/9/06 pack 4 arrives

SEPT 2006:APPLICATION PUT ON HOLD - WE HAD A FALLING OUT.

MAY 2007:RESUMED THE VISA APPLICATION

6 June 2007: Medical @ 2.30pm - need to get anew GP letter and psychiatric evaluation

7 June 2007: INTERVIEW @ 10am - waiting for new police record letter

3 July 2007: APPROVED/Visa arrives

I have submitted the written request for the waiver of these limitations, but the description on the RFE was vague as to what it actually needed to include, citing evidence of death or some such information. My Ex didnt die! We just didnt get married! It seems as though my current fiance' and I could be punished with a rejection because of the failure of a previous relationship. Is this really possible???

As each case will be different, there will be different documentation that one would submit to accompany the written request for such waiver. So I dont see how they could include an example of all the documentation that may be submitted. What they did say was.....

Examples of such evidence include, but are not limited to: a death certificate, police reports, news articles, or medical reports from a licensed medical professional, regarding the death of an alien approved for a prior K visa.

Did you write cancelling the petition? Any emails etc that supported the breakup? That is just a couple of examples of what you may of submitted.

Will they accept only the written request from you, only they will be able to tell you that. They may or they may not. Keep us updated with what happens. We are all on a learning curve here with the IMBRA

All the best.

Lorelle

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hello everyone! Im not exactly new here, as I have been following all of your posts over the past several months, but this is my first post.

According to the new IMBRA law, there is a limit to the number of I129F petitions you can file without requesting a waiver. I filed in early 2005 for a different woman whom I was briefly engaged to, but our relationship ended and we did not pursue the visa after the approval of the petition. In February of this year I became engaged again and my fiance' and I filed the I129F petition. We have been very up front in all of our information that was submitted to the USCIS about the last relationship, and we have hid nothing.

Is anybody else wrestling with this worry?

Also, the I129F package I sent on February 20th was returned to me with a notice dated February 23rd stating that I had failed to attach my filing fee of 170.00 dollars. However, the check WAS in fact there, and even still in the package as it was returned to me. I thought it to be an innocent mistake at first, and I returned the package without making any changes and recieved a new reciept date of March 13th. AFTER the effective date of IMBRA. Had the USCIS not overlooked my attached payment, I would have been a pre-IMBRA application and not have to worry about the waiver of limitations!!!!

I am still waiting, and its close to my processing time as it is so I dont want to "rock the boat", but I am very concerned! Any advice or words of encouragement would be greatly appreciated!!! :)))))

Thanks!

Congrats on your newfound love. You and I are in exactly the same situation. I also have no 'documentation' so to speak. All I could do was include a letter with my IMBRA RFE requesting the waiver and trying to explain this is a real relationship. Noone so far here has actually been approved or denied regarding the waiver at this point. It was new with IMBRA and they only started receiving them back 2 weeks ago. Hence, no examples for us to really know. The truth is, it worries me to. My senator didn't seem that concerned but made it clear that we are all going through this learning curve together so all we can do is what we are requested. AKA a written request for the waiver. Sorry I cant help more, but there are a couple of us in this situation. Upon anyone receiving a response from USCIS it will surely be posted.

3/11/06 - 3/26/06 Visited my baby in the PI's

3/29/06 - K1 packet recieved at NSC

6/01/06 - Redirected to CSC

6/14/06 - CSC e-mailed confirmation on the reciept of file

6/23/06 - They they sent the IMBRA RFE

7/03/06 - The emailed that the IMBRA RFE went out on 6/23/06

7/03/06 - I received IMBRA RFE

7/05/06 - Touched

7/06/06 - Delivery Confirmation from the Post Office RFE recieved

7/11/06 - Email notification from CSC that IMBRA RFE Recieved

7/12/06 - Touched (but was to respond to an email that only said 'request recieved and will be processed within 30 days. argh)

7/13/06 - Touched

NOA2 September 11!!!

10/18/06 - Received at Embassy

12/23/06 - Recieved package with interview/medical schedule

01/08/06 - CFO interview/(pre-departure class) Complete

1/11/07 & 1/12/07 Medical complete

02/05/07 - Interview!!!

2/7/07 (2/8/07 manila) - Informed we are approved...3 days after interview.

2/12/07 Visa Received

2/16/07 Baby arrives in US!!!!!

4/14/07 Wedding

4/21/07 Filed AOS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Moldova
Timeline

I don't think you need a waiver. I was under the impression that you only need a waiver if you filled "More than 2 I-129F application"

Hope this helps

TIM - North Conway, NH

ANA - Chisinau, Moldova

JULY: Met Ana when my Russian tenants had a BBQ at my house

OCTOBER: Ana's visa about to expire time to go home to Moldova

JANUARY 2006: Flew to Moldova to ask her parents permission to marry her

Engaged January 12, 2006

Left Moldova January 28th

MARCH 3: I-129F sent to Vermont Service Center

MARCH 10: NOA1 Received

APRIL 26: NOA 2 Received Approval

APRIL 28: NVC forwarded to Embassy in Romania

MAY 5: Received by US Embassy in Romania

MAY 12: Packet 3 Received

MAY 17: Packet 3 sent to US Embassy in Romania

MAY 17: Fiance notified of impending RFE due to IMBRA LAW

JUNE 30: Case Reopened at VSC

JULY 6: Received IMBRA RFE

JULY 10: Mailed RFE back to VSC

JULY 17: VSC has acknowledged receipt of IMBRA RFE

AUGUST 8: VSC Approval of NOA2!!!!! Great Day

SEPTEMBER 19: Interview in US EMBASSY Bucharest - VISA GRANTED

OCTOBER 16: Fly to Moldova

JANUARY 11: Fly home to America with Ana to get married!

JANUARY 16: Married in North Conway, NH

JANUARY 19: Filed for AOS and EAD

JULY 13: Received Green Card and Employment Authorization Card

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
I don't think you need a waiver. I was under the impression that you only need a waiver if you filled "More than 2 I-129F application"

Hope this helps

The rule as stated on the I129F form says:

If you have filed two or more K-1 visa petitions at any timein the past or previously had a K-1 visa petition approved within two years prior to the filing of this petition, you must apply for a waiver.

In this case, a waiver would in fact be necessary because the petitioner's previous petition was approved less than two years ago.

08/28/2004 Engaged

09/22/2004 I-129F submitted

10/01/2004 I-129F Approved

12/15/2004 K1 Issued

12/30/2004 Arrival in US

02/19/2005 Married

01/30/2006 Conditional Green Card Approved

01/15/2008 Conditions Removed and 10 Year Card Issued

03/28/2009 N-400 mailed to Lockbox

07/17/2009 Interview Denver USCIS office RECOMMENDED FOR APPROVAL

08/28/2009 Naturalization Ceremony - US District Court - Denver, Colorado[/b][/u]

09/04/2009 Applied for passport

09/22/2009 Passport approved and mailed

09/24/2009 Passport received

08/26/2009 Naturalization Certificate and Name Change Petition arrive back from State Department

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.