DaveHorton

DCF and I-129F possible?

6 posts in this topic

Is DCF possible with an I-129F? Living in the Philippines at the moment and hoping to marry in the States, but it seems that DCF implies IR1/CR1 rather than K1... Anyone know the answer?

02/20/09 Met Juliet in Nirvana (Pasay)

03/01/09 Long weekend in Batangas

03/09/09 Dave returns to the USA

06/22/09 Dave returns to Manila

06/30/09 Juliet learned to SCUBA Dive in Sabang

07/11/09 Visit Laguna with Juliet and her son Justin

08/19/09 Long weekend in Baguio

09/09/09 Fly to Bohol

09/24/09 Family trip to Sabang

10/18/09 Dave returns to the USA

04/01/10 Dave moves to UK

11/19/10 Juliet and Justin move to UK

06/16/14 Juliet and Justin become British Citizens

11/16/16 NOA1

01/17/17 NOA2

01/19/17 Packet 3 Rcvd

03/16/17 Interview (placed on hold pending additional info)

03/27/17 Submitted requested info

04/03/17 Received Visas

06/17/17 Sold House and cars

06/19/17 Arrived in Phoenix AZ

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Correct, DCF is for persons that are married.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Is DCF possible with an I-129F? Living in the Philippines at the moment and hoping to marry in the States, but it seems that DCF implies IR1/CR1 rather than K1... Anyone know the answer?

DCF is specifically forbidden in the section of law that governs the K-1 fiance visa classification—Immigration and Nationality Act 214(d), found at 8 USC 1184(d). It states that the visa is issued upon approval of "a petition filed in the United States," which USCIS and the State Department interpret as excluding the possibility of filing the I-129F abroad.

Improved USCIS Form G-325A (Biographic Information)

Form field input font changed to allow entry of dates in the specified format and to provide more space for addresses and employment history. This is the 6/12/09 version of the form; the current version is 8/8/11, but previous versions are accepted per the USCIS forms page.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

DCF is specifically forbidden in the section of law that governs the K-1 fiance visa classification—Immigration and Nationality Act 214(d), found at 8 USC 1184(d). It states that the visa is issued upon approval of "a petition filed in the United States," which USCIS and the State Department interpret as excluding the possibility of filing the I-129F abroad.

Could you file from there and mail it to the US? Maybe have a friend or family member sent it for you and use there address? I dont know if this would work or not but just a idea

Oct. 2008 met Sa on Thaikisses and started chatting

Nov. Started daily phone calls

Dec. 2008 started dating (Boyfriend/ Girlfriend)

May 5, 2009 May 11, 2009 Trip to Thailand

July 2009 Engaged

Aug 2009 started I-129F

Sept 22, 2009 mailed I-129F

Sept 24, 2009 check cashed

Sept 24, 2009 NOA 1 Dated

Sept 27, 2009 NOA 1 received (Hardcopy)

Dec. 18, 2009 NOA 2 Dated(no email)

Dec. 24, 2009 NOA 2 Hardcopy

Dec. 28, 2009 NVC received but not sent to Embassy

Dec. 28, 2009 Sa maied Packet 3 to Embassy

Dec. 29, 2009 NVC forward to Bangkok, Embassy. Tracking by DHL

Jan. 03, 2010 Received by Bangkok Embassy

Jan. 06, 2010 Received email from embassy interview is set for Jan22.

Jan. 22, 2010 Interview at BKK Embassy passed

Jan. 27, 2010 Picked up Visa

Its not about how you pick your nose its what you do with the booger!

Could you file from there and mail it to the US? Maybe have a friend or family member sent it for you and use there address? I dont know if this would work or not but just a idea

Sure. If you're living overseas and want to file an I-129F, you generally send it to the service center that serves your last stateside residence. The I-129F instructions have more details.

But if you've been residing in a foreign country for long enough to qualify for DCF (generally six months), getting married over there and filing an I-130 at the embassy is a far quicker option.

Improved USCIS Form G-325A (Biographic Information)

Form field input font changed to allow entry of dates in the specified format and to provide more space for addresses and employment history. This is the 6/12/09 version of the form; the current version is 8/8/11, but previous versions are accepted per the USCIS forms page.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Agreed. DCF is for married persons only. But if you qualify for DCF because you -the USC has been living abroad there for more than 6 months, than that is by far the fastest and cheapest option!!

N-400 Naturalization Process

June 25, 2013 --Qualified for Citizenship!

October 12, 2017 --Electronically filed

October 13, 2017 --NOA1

October 31, 2017 --Biometrics Appointment -ATL

ROC

April 5, 2012 --Sent I-751 to Vermont Service Center

May 21, 2012 --Biometric Appointment at ATL office

December 12, 2012 --10 year Green Card in hand

DCF Process

October 10, 2009 --Married in São Paulo

January 14, 2010 --Filed I-130 at São Paulo Consulate for DCF

May 17, 2010 --VISA IN HAND!

June 24, 2010 --POE in Atlanta

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.