dieseldan

Request for evidence

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline

just looked at my case status online and found this pleasant message...

"On July 10, 2006, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case. The notice explains in detail what additional material is needed. If you have questions about the notice, what is required, or if 30 days have passed and you have not received the notice. Please contact the service center where you submitted your application during business hours."

I dont have any idea why they would need more evidence, I sent them several pictures of me and my fiance the first time and even my airline ticket stub to el salvador where I met my fiance. I cant even think of any other evidence I could send them. And on top of all this the case was already approved by the uscis and the nvc. The case has actually been at the US embassy in el salvador for the past two months and I really do not understand why it is being reverted back to the uscis. Please help me understand.

K-1 Visa

Consulate : El Salvador

I-129F Sent : 2006-04-10

I-129F NOA1 : 2006-04-14

I-129F NOA2 : 2006-04-25

NVC Received : 2006-05-01

NVC Left : 2006-05-02

Consulate Received : 2006-05-10

Received imbra form: 2006-7-17

Sent out imbra form: 2006-7-18

imbra form received by VSC:2006-7-20

Case reapproved by the Vermont Service Center!!! : 2006-8-4

NVC sent info to embassy: August 10

Embassy sent packet 3: 2006-10-3

Sent a request through Cargo Express asking to deliver packet 3: 2006-10-11

Received Packet 3: 2006-10-17

Sent out packet 3: 2006-10-24

Packet 4 received:2006-11-24

Interview date:2006-12-5

Visa received:2006-12-12

Me and Yenny Arrived back in the U.S.:2006-12-14

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Not 100% sure but think you have been recalled to center along with most others approved after Mar 6 because of the IMBRA law. The RFE is probably the standard IMBRA RFE. Most of those who were recalled did not get a notice, they found out when they contacted the embassy trying to figure out where their package was.

June 05 Lisa and I fall in love

15 Mar 06 I-129F received at CSC NOA1

5 Aug 06 NOA2 after 143 days in CSC purgatory

20 Oct 06 Interview Date

16 Feb 07 Denial Letter received

12 Mar 07 Motion to reconsider submitted

10 Sep 07 Motion to Reconsider denied

9 May 08 Lisa and Married in United Kingdom

23 May 08 I-130 filed

Oct 08 NOA-2 received

May 7 09 Lisa's Interview I 601 filed

29 Jul 09 I-601 waiver approved

18 Aug 09 Passport to London Embassy

20 Aug 09 Tickets purchased for 10 Sep 09

WE HAVE FINALLY WON, OUR LONG AND HARD JOURNEY IS COMPLETE!!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline
Not 100% sure but think you have been recalled to center along with most others approved after Mar 6 because of the IMBRA law. The RFE is probably the standard IMBRA RFE. Most of those who were recalled did not get a notice, they found out when they contacted the embassy trying to figure out where their package was.

I think dwar49 is correct. Post your timeline in signature and it will help in our assumptions. It is most likely the IMBRA RFE. Be thankful you are getting it and you are in Vermont. They are 3-4 times faster than CSC.

Good luck!

3-27-06 Sent I-129F to TSC - Transferred to CSC

3-29-06 NOA 1 Receipt Date

4-04-06 NOA 1 Notice Date

4-04-06 Check clears the bank

7-03-06 Touched - RFE - IMBRA Sent Out

7-08-06 Received RFE - IMBRA - Date 6-23-06 and Postmarked 6-27-06

7-08-06 Stopped by Border Securtiy on NCIC name hit - Identity Theft two years ago and theif used my name as an alias which is now permanently tied to his criminal file as an alias - Border Security very helpful and understanding and apologetic about the situation but they have to verify I was not the perpetratpr.

7-10-06 Sent RFE

7-11-06 Received by CSC

7-19-06 Touched e-mail stating received 7-19-06 (BS)

8-03-06 Wondering ####### is taking so long - 128 days now

8-21-06 Congressional Inquiry

8-24-06 NOA2 WHoooohoooo

dieseldan

Any petitions received at the service center on or after 6 March, subsequently approved and forwarded to consulate posts were recalled as they were approved erroneously and were not compliant with the IMBRA which came into affect 6 March. From your post this seems to be the case with yours. See the IMBRA forum for more on this. What you will be receiving is an RFE consisting of a questionaire which you need to complete and return along with any relevant documentation in order for the petition to be IMBRA compliant and then to be returned to the consulate post.

All the best

Lorelle

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
just looked at my case status online and found this pleasant message...

"On July 10, 2006, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case. The notice explains in detail what additional material is needed. If you have questions about the notice, what is required, or if 30 days have passed and you have not received the notice. Please contact the service center where you submitted your application during business hours."

I dont have any idea why they would need more evidence, I sent them several pictures of me and my fiance the first time and even my airline ticket stub to el salvador where I met my fiance. I cant even think of any other evidence I could send them. And on top of all this the case was already approved by the uscis and the nvc. The case has actually been at the US embassy in el salvador for the past two months and I really do not understand why it is being reverted back to the uscis. Please help me understand.

asked and answered

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;#entry306908

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.